Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 01-05-2004, 07:15 AM   #1
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

I bought make up and loved it!

Oh my gosh, I went to Mac yesterday, I had so much fun picking out make up and eyeshadow. Me and the lady were just having a blast......... we were talking about how Steamy is amazing, this metallic green, but they were out of it. So I got a neurtral silvery one......... I also got this amazing foundation.... NW20 (I know, I am very fair skinned). It was so much fun!!!!!!!! I didn't feel weird at all being a guy and doing it. I was just myself, buying make up

Tonight I might go in crossplay to a bar and do Karaoke........I translated somewhere over the rainbow into Japanese and want to sing it....... either that........or I am doing a Gundam Seed song......like Find the Way....
yukitoLeonheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-05-2004, 07:26 AM   #2
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

*laughs* I KNOW! thats almost all i have to say. My friend got make up on me, i didnt mind, it looked good, girls like it, starts conversations, i go and buy it myself now and always with a grin.

whats a MAC though? lol

There are things that don't go smoothly but sometimes, you come to see things because they don't go smoothly
--Yukino Miyazawa
SamuriSmurfX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2004, 07:46 AM   #3
dani
Boots were made 4 walking

MAC is one of the BEST cosmetics lines available, plus they have a very friendly policy about crossdressing/crossplaying customers.

I visit them once in a while for a free color consultation/free lesson and always end up with some free samples of the products they suggested for me.

It is not cheap when you are going to buy the stuff, but their quality and service can't be argued.

Good luck...

Dani
dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2004, 10:15 AM   #4
Kuri-chan
Caveat Emptor

Speaking of makeup, I've just begun my own little self study on how to do it all. I have "Making Faces" and "Power of Makeup" both of which are really interesting. Can anyone recommend other books to look into?

I have plenty of experience with theater makeup, last year I was the head make up artist at a seasonal haunted house - I can make spooky just fine, but I have little to no experience with makeup designed to be pretty. ^^;;

I’m also very interested on any advice on how to change the shape of your face, and gender illusions with makeup. A good friend is learning to be a drag king, so she and I are trying to make some time practicing opposite effects on each other.

Where can you find MAC products? I'm afraid Utah is still a little “behind the times” on general tolerance, so any store that supports an open mind would win my business. ^_^

Glad to hear you had so much fun shopping!

-Kuri
Kuri-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2004, 10:39 AM   #5
dani
Boots were made 4 walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuri-chan
Where can you find MAC products? I'm afraid Utah is still a little “behind the times” on general tolerance, so any store that supports an open mind would win my business. ^_^
From www.maccosmetics.com :

M·A·C Nordstrom
Fashion Place
6191 South State Street Murray, UT 84107
801-261-4402 x1415

M·A·C Nordstrom
University Mall
693 East University Parkway Orem, UT 84097
801-426-2800

M·A·C Nordstrom
Cross Roads Plaza
50 South Main Street Salt Lake City, UT 84144
801-322-4200

You should ask them, but it seems that none of those three carry their "PRO" line. Maybe they can order them for you.

Good luck

Dani
dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2004, 10:46 AM   #6
Leon
The Envy + Rage of Youmac

!

My mom wears and swears by MAC (She says she loves what it does for, of all people, RuPaul and Lil' Kim). And since we're about the same skin tone, I could go MAC, should I decide to crossplay (Or, at least, need a little touch-up for pics or some stage make-up).

And, Yukito, we want pics!

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2004, 05:22 PM   #7
Ami
Grand Maester Mercury

lol makup was the greatest i went out for halloween as a girl, i went to our nex on base and i got ahold of the clinque vendor down there and we had a field day, it was the greatest and like stated before it didnt feel weird at all, it was great
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2004, 04:14 AM   #9
Decibella
Sadistic Vanity

mmmm... yummy MAC make up is absolutely fabulous and definately worth the money. luckily i have friends in the biz who can sometimes give it out for free! heehee *bats eyelashes*
...on the other hand, Manic Panic has alot of really interesting make up and wigs too, for the colorful characters of the anime/j rock world. don't forget them. if i can't wear my make up, i'd rather not wake up.....

Glamour is your only Weapon

www.SadisticVanity.com

Last edited by Decibella : 01-13-2004 at 04:19 AM.
Decibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2004, 03:05 AM   #10
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

Heh, I have a funny story from last week about my make Up.........I was going to the club and I couldn't find it and I realized my Dad........ well moved my make up and stuff (feels weird to say) out of my room. I yell downstairs "Dad, have you seen my make Up, I need it so I can look cute to kiss guys". It was a half joke....... my Dad is amazing. I was just going to yell "Dad, where's my make up" but I imagined like this Tv moment........ "A Dad's worst nightmare......" and that would pretty much be it. You know what.......... my Dad is indeed the most amazing person in the world........He even let me style a wig on him............. here is a picture of that........ isn't he the coolest.

Oops, I forgot to say......... did anyone see that random post from that guy............... the mods (bless them) made it disappear, but this guy just came on here and said some messed up thing. It was something like...... I know what you mean, I had the same experience except not in a gay faggy way, it was when my gf was done giving me "term for oral sex" and her make up was all over my "word for male genitalia".

I was just confused............. it was rather amusing except I just don't like people oppressing anyone anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mydad16.JPG (49.5 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by yukitoLeonheart : 01-14-2004 at 03:11 AM.
Unread 01-14-2004, 03:19 PM   #11
Leon
The Envy + Rage of Youmac

OMG, Yukito!!

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2004, 06:23 PM   #12
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

I know! My Dad is indeed the man!