Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Fullmetal Alchemist

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #46
data54

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepMaster View Post
Should be scaled fine for someone about 6 feet tall.
Thanks, already made most of the head, but one problem I ran into was that some parts of it had no connection edges (horn, face mask, rings on side of head), did you just eye-ball and glue them or did you do something else?
data54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #47
PepMaster

Just eyeball and glue. Most have left the faceplate seperate but glued the horn. Used magnets for the face to take it off while costuming. Not many have left that area where the ear is on the file, most have taken it off so it's easier to get your head in. It's all about doing it your way. Use your imagination.
Unread 02-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #48
data54

Quote:
Just eyeball and glue. Most have left the faceplate seperate but glued the horn. Used magnets for the face to take it off while costuming. Not many have left that area where the ear is on the file, most have taken it off so it's easier to get your head in. It's all about doing it your way. Use your imagination.
Cool, thanks, didn't even think of making the faceplate detachable, guess that would make wiring it up a lot easier
data54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #49
DeadMime

scaling isue pls help...

so I am getting ready to start making an alphones armor and I need to scale it to 6''5' but I don't quite no how to use go about it. any answers?
DeadMime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #50
DeadMime

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntent View Post
i just got back from my first anime convention. I took my 13 year old daughter there as her welcome to being a teen birthday present just father and daughter hanging out doing big people stuffs.. She cosplayed red riding hood.. I know not much of a stretch, but next year we are going to go all out! I am going to attempt to build an Alphonse setup and the edward arm for my middle daughter. Thank god im 6'4". On that note in pep how do i scale for a guy my height? Anyone got any links to a tutorial on that plz? The one i found well it doesn't seem to match my version.

PS dalbkino ty for the answer on your youtube page to my question for the pep files!!!!!

Do u think u could give me ur measurements? I am 5"11' and I want to make mine 6"5'. This will give me at least a base to start off of tnx
DeadMime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 07:28 AM   #51
acapote

Quote:
No problem, I think I even have a file somewhere for Edward's Automail Arm, it's not 100% accurate, but if anyone is intrested let me know and I'll put it up. I think it's a little odd this thread has over 400 views and only 8 posts (well 9 counting this one)
Hello, awesome the pepakura for Alphonse armor!!!, I'm really intrested in the file for Edward's Automail arm, do you still have it? please, let me know.

Regards genius!
acapote is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #52
StHoly

Thank you so much for this files! May I know if i can make it out of foam? (maybe 1 inch thick type of foam?)

OniCon X (Galveston)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVII AC
Ikki Con 2013 (Austin)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVIIAC
Esther Blanchett Empire Version Trinity Blood
Anime Matsuri 2014 (Houston)
Gunner Yuna FFX-2
Summoner Yuna FFX
StHoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #53
PepMaster

I don't have a file for the Automail arm sorry, And as for building the armor out of foam I believe it's possible, but probably not that thick of foam for doing the helmet I would recommend something about 5mm thick.
Unread 01-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #54
PepMaster

And as for scaling, the way I was taught to scale is to measure your chest width add a couple inches convert to millimeters, put the number in the Width field on the Chest file and copy the Scale Ratio number for scaling the other files proportionate to the rest.
Unread 05-02-2014, 04:05 PM   #55
dirtyvictim

I've always wanted to cosplay but i have limited funds and no talent in sowing. I just found out about the wonderful use of pepakura and papercrafts. I'm currently building this and I'm done with the helmet, chest and one full arm in card-stock. I was wondering how to add the ab plate or if it's even needed. Connecting the shoulder has been causing me problems, but that's more of a trial and error situation. I'm most curious how to connect everything since the pieces on the arm keep trying to slide down on me. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm a complete noob at this stuff.
dirtyvictim is offline   Reply With Quote