Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 02-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
MagicNein

Fatal Frame/Project Zero

Didn't see a thread, so I figured I would make one.

I'm planning to Cosplay Reika Kuze as a 21st Birthday Present to myself. This gives me until October to get it done. I haven't made a costume in about 2 years, due to money issues.

My biggest question is whether I should buy a Hakama, or make one. If I do make it, what fabric do I use? And how do I make a Hakama?

And any ideas for how to do her Tattoos would be very much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reikabio_2.jpg (41.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ReikaKuze.jpg (11.4 KB, 0 views)

Unread 02-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
arijahn
More red fabric!

There are quite a few hakama tutorials on deviantart http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=haka...der=9&offset=0 . Whether to buy or make depends on the price of what you can find. For fabric you will want something that is not too thin but will hold pleats well. For the tattoos you could paint them on yourself or paint them onto a skin-colored leotard.
Unread 02-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
MagicNein

I'm torn between painting the tattoos onto a leotard or onto myself. On one hand, the Leotard is going to be warmer, I'll only have to do it once, and it's cleaner. On the other hand, I adore body paint, it will look better, and I won't have to worry about wrinkles in photos. Painting them on myself also gives me more leeway if I mess up. This is hard.
Unread 09-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
SlightlyDim

I bought hakuma pants for mine, they were part of a judo uniform for only 24 dollars. I would have made them, but the cost of fabric would have been much higher because I wanted to make them long and flowy with tons of pleats. Instead of drawing on all of the tattoos I went with a light blue zentai suit, and drew all of the tattoos on. This way I wouldn't have to spend all of that time painting myself or having my friends paint my back. Also, I could be topless without the people at the con trowing me out or bringing shame on my family. I have some pictures of mine here... http://www.flickr.com/photos/washuot...7629933367048/ and here http://www.flickr.com/photos/washuot...7629933367048/
SlightlyDim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
Nikineko
Emergency Induction Port

I just finished making my Reika. Hakuma are not that hard to make if you find a simple pattern. I opted out of making panels and pockets for mine since Reika does not look like she has those. I also used a gray body suit for mine. The costume can be seen here:

Reika Kuze

For the tattoos I used blue sharpie markers (the fabric or felt tip brushes are the best) and drew on all of the tattoos. Took a while but I love them! If you have a dress form that would be the best to put the suit on and then start drawing. I drew my main points first which were the dragon/snakes. Then added the rest. I used this pattern from an artist on Deviantart to create her tattoos!!!! It's the best!!!!!! Reika tattoo link

Good luck on your costume!!!!
Nikineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
kanracakes
Archer Obsessed

Awesome job on the Reika, especially the tattoos! They are amazing and look great!!

I did Needlewoman this year from FFIII.

The Engraver/Needlewoman
kanracakes is offline   Reply With Quote