Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 02-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
KatoAlbino

Mystical Ninja's IMPACT!

Dash dash dash. Aw right... wouldn't it be wild if I tried this out as a side-project to my Leon crossplay? (psst, go with me here with the enthusiasm) I've Googled and searched around, but have found no Impact crossplays/cosplays. And if people do Gundams, Impact should be up there with 'em too, that disco-lovin', naive, pipe-wielding, button-nosed robot.

http://img290.imageshack.us/img290/5688/impact013ar.gif

Here's a pic of him. I was thinking to make clothes that red colour, and then create armour out of cardboard which I'd wear over.
As for his head... d'ya think paper-mache would be good, or is styrofoam a better idea? :P

This is just a thought... not a confirmed costume. But it'd be fun, and he along with the Goemon series deserve attention in the cosplaying and gaming world.
KatoAlbino is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-06-2006, 03:59 PM   #2
Takemaru

OW! Goemon Cosplay!!!!!

I like your idea. Try following Amethyst Angel's guides for prop and armor making. For the red part, alter a red karate uniform and sew blue fabric to the outlining.

Last edited by Takemaru : 02-06-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Unread 02-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #3
KatoAlbino

http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imp5ph.png

I guess those grey metal chest ridges go under the karate outfit? O_o *scratches noggin*
Unread 02-08-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
Takemaru

Yeah. I think so. Also, where do you plan on getting the roller skates, let alone place the wheels on Zori Sandals?

One more thing. Make sure to use a white rope as the belt. To make things easier, you can also get a white Karate belt. Also, make sure to get a sleeveless karate top if you get a uniform. For the knee guards, try making them out of foan and plastic, or alter skating gear.

Last edited by Takemaru : 02-08-2006 at 02:56 PM.
Unread 02-08-2006, 03:41 PM   #5
KatoAlbino

The rollerskate dealie... I think for my safety and that of the general public, I'll spare their lives by not having wheels. I also have never skated on wheels before. ^^;; *insert image of one of my sandals catches a stone, and me flying*

It can get pretty damn hectic around the con environment, and the last thing I want to do is bump into people, trample someone e.t.c.
Unread 02-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #6
Takemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatoAlbino
The rollerskate dealie... I think for my safety and that of the general public, I'll spare their lives by not having wheels. I also have never skated on wheels before. ^^;; *insert image of one of my sandals catches a stone, and me flying*

It can get pretty damn hectic around the con environment, and the last thing I want to do is bump into people, trample someone e.t.c.
Yeah. The skates wouldn't be a good idea, and keeping Zori sandals would be much safer. You would also need white Tabi socks. Oh. I just remembered. The Impact from Goemon Shin Sedai Shuumei doesn't have skates, but doing the Impact from the Original Ganbare Goemon series would be better for you, minus the skates.
Unread 02-08-2006, 04:02 PM   #7
KatoAlbino

Yeah, I haven't played any of the recent games... Goemon's Great Adventure was the last one I played, so I intend to stick to that Impact design. If my eyes are going to be looking out from his mouth, his head's gonna be hilariously oversized.

Thanks a lot for all your help and suggestions... very nice of you.
Unread 02-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #8
Takemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatoAlbino
Yeah, I haven't played any of the recent games... Goemon's Great Adventure was the last one I played, so I intend to stick to that Impact design. If my eyes are going to be looking out from his mouth, his head's gonna be hilariously oversized.

Thanks a lot for all your help and suggestions... very nice of you.
My pleasure
Unread 02-12-2006, 01:34 AM   #9
Lexxon
Stop poking me.

This would just be an awesome cosplay. If I ever get good at this costume thing, I'd definitally consider Impact as one of the more "ambitious" costumes that I'd do.

First, of course, I actually have to START cosplaying, but this summer hopes to change that :-)

Anyways, if you ever do get started on this, I'm sure I, as well as others, would be very interested in your progress!
Lexxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2006, 11:27 AM   #10
KatoAlbino

Thanks for the enthusiasm. I'll try my best... I already have a pipe, but it's hilariously dinky in size.
Unread 02-13-2006, 04:19 PM   #11
KatoAlbino

Oh yeah, a question... we all know Impact's famous do which Goemon once flaunted, the kind that looks strangely afro-ish in some official art of Impy. Should I make the whole thing black, or that top part (which looks a bit like those Russian fur hats) blue? What material would be good? I was thinking of the puffy, black foamy-ish thingy that cover microphones... know what I mean? What the hell is that called? :P
Unread 02-13-2006, 05:28 PM   #12
Takemaru

Oh. That stuff is kind of spongy. You should go for any blue material. Good job at paying attention to the detail.
Unread 09-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #13
farmerjhon
>^-^<

Talking

I'm actually attempting to do this as a cosplay for AWA 2012. Needless to say I am pressed time so I'm going to try and pump this out in a week or so. For the feet I am basically making wooden sandals and attaching fake wheels on them for cosmetic effect. To get the pipe legs I was thinking of making a set of small stilts out of thick aluminum pipe by mounting another board to the top of the pipe and then mounting a lace up shoe to that. Then the rest will be mostly cardboard. I am stumped on the head and the arms though. Any help on the subject would be nice thanks!
farmerjhon is offline   Reply With Quote