Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Sherlock BBC

I know there's a few of you out there! Who else is cosplaying from Sherlock, the BBC TV series? I saw that there was movie threads, but we need a BBC thread.

I'm currently planning a Sherlock, with a friend as Molly and hopefully another friend as my John.

Right now, I'm actually stuck on his coat. I'm even struggling to find a non-accurate, just normal black/gray trench coat! Anyone have suggestions?

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
moonflower.

I'm cosplaying Irene ^^ so far I'm 1/3rd done her Mcqueen dress and doing coat!irene too
moonflower. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 01:18 AM   #3
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonflower. View Post
I'm cosplaying Irene ^^ so far I'm 1/3rd done her Mcqueen dress and doing coat!irene too
Coat!Irene always make me giggle. I can't wait to see your Irenes! I think I've found a coat, but who knows. I wish I had money to buy the official one... the $2000 dollar official one. @_@

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
Unread 02-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
moonflower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightJeran View Post
Coat!Irene always make me giggle. I can't wait to see your Irenes! I think I've found a coat, but who knows. I wish I had money to buy the official one... the $2000 dollar official one. @_@
haha that coat is on my "if i'm ever rich" list XD the cosplaysky replica looks pretty good though, and it's under 200.
Unread 02-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
MagiFox
Spacey-Wacey

YAY! FINALLY A BBC SHERLOCK THREAD!

I'm hoping to make a fem!Sherlock group at some point, and I'll probably be fem!Mycroft. Mark Gatiss is the awesome.
Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
Randy Cunningham [Ninja Suit] (RC9GN)
Hades [Female] (Hercules (Disney))
Sixth Doctor [Female] (Doctor Who)

[~Upcoming Events~]
Otakuthon 2014 l Montreal Comic Con 2014
MagiFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonflower. View Post
haha that coat is on my "if i'm ever rich" list XD the cosplaysky replica looks pretty good though, and it's under 200.
It does, and I'm half tempted to buy it. At the same time, I think it fits the model/mannequin really bulky around the shoulders, and I'm afraid to spend that much money on something that fits awkwardly. You never know with the made-to-order stuff.

Welcome to the thread, Magifox!

EDIT: I found a coat! It's the most charming black and grey wool tweed. I'm going to have to add/replace 6 buttons and buttonholes (and make them red) and vent the back so it's more flow-y but it works! One day I plan on making the coat out of a black and grey houndstooth suiting, but alas, that will be summer project.

If you haven't seen it yet, someone replicated (and I mean REPLICATED) the coat on Deviantart!

Last edited by KnightJeran : 02-10-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
Emrys

Yay Sherlock!!!

OMG that coat pattern is awesome! I've been looking for a Sherlock coat since S1 came out, it's a shame they don't make many classy coats like that.

I just found an awesome shiny purple shirt for Sherlock. Well, it's a woman's dress shirt but it should work if nothing else suitable is found. And perfect for Fem!Sherlock in the meantime.
Emrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
junkeemunky
JM

Working on John Watson, so far I have the wig, shirt, and jacket. Still waiting to get his sweater. The Sherlock replicated coat that was posted looks FANTASTIC.
junkeemunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
Hitsutai
A Hoot!

Working on Irene (the McQueen dress version)

Got some work to do haha

Friday: Hiroto Kiyama
Saturday: Yuki Judai, Hinata Shouyou/Hiroto Kiyama
Sunday: Hinata Shouyou
Hitsutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #10
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

I was one lucky dog to find both a coat that could work for Sherlock and John's cable knit oatmeal sweater at a thrift store~ I just have to convince my friend into being John.

Anyone have any ideas for wigs for Sherlock and/or John?

-finally looks up McQueen dress of Irene- SHE'S SO PRETTY in that dress! That outfit is amazing. I can't wait to see you guys' Irenes!

Unread 02-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #11
moonflower.

I bought a coat to use for Irene for Katsucon

http://moonflowerlights.tumblr.com/p...on-sherlock-98

so happy with the outfit! the lipstick is the exact brand and shade used in the episode, and the shoes I made as knockoffs!
Unread 02-15-2012, 01:37 AM   #12
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

Working on Sherlock.
So far only have suit and purple shirt of sex. Coat is halfway done, but sitting on my dressform in Texas while I am in Tennessee, so...
Yeah.

Costume so far.
Coat so far.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #13
tereshkova2001

Aww, Sherlock makes dreamy eyes at David Tennant! <3

I was at a con watching one of the masquerade MCs put on her costume (shirt and slacks, curly black wig), and I couldn't recognize her at all until she put on the Coat. That'll sell it every time. The blue/lavender scarf is a nice touch too.
tereshkova2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #14
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

My friends are planning a BBC Sherlock cosplay. They are having problems with Sherlock's coat as well. So one of my friends decided to do his pajamas (blue robe, grey shirt, pajama pants), and now she's having problems finding correct lightly striped PJ pants. Oh the difficulties of cosplay xD

Why is the rum gone?

Find me on Facebook!

WorldCosplay Account
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #15
ioniafreak
Geek.

I am working on a John Watson cosplay right now~ My wig is a little blonder then being accurate, but i may use it anyway~ I just got a buttoned up shirt and a sweater for it today.

My DREAM is to convince my boyfriend to dress up as Sherlock (because my boyfriend had the most perfect hair for it and i think he would make a awesome Sherlock) And i could dress up as Watson, and we can go to comic con "Handcuffed" :'D
I really would love to do that~
ioniafreak is offline   Reply With Quote