Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Unread 05-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
Str8Razor

A Clockwork Orange Purple Suit

I have scoured the internet high and low in hopes of purchasing a suit or a sewing pattern for the purple suit that Alex DeLarge (Malcolm McDowell) wears. Someone please help
Str8Razor is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #2
Kelley
Devil of Details

Do you have reference pictures ? I've done a costume from the Kubrick movie, but I don't know the costumes I *haven't* done by heart (which I think is pretty common for most people).

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2014, 09:06 PM   #3
Str8Razor

https://www.google.ca/search?q=alex+...F%3B1012%3B660

The above link is a pic
Str8Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #4
Kelley
Devil of Details

I would probably start by freeze-framing and getting some better reference pictures and from all angles. This will really help you or whoever makes it.

It depends on how picky you are. A tailored suit is a very advanced project and you're not going to find something just like that to buy. You could try searching "Mod Suit/Jacket" with things like "purple velvet" but it depends on how picky you are - you might be able to alter something, but it won't be quite right - and you'll probably pay quite a bit for the not-quite-right jacket.

With something like this, you would have to make the pattern yourself. You might also be able to pay someone to make the pattern for you. You could try to go to a fabric store and look at their pattern books and they might have something you would find acceptable in the costume section - but they won't really have a great tailoring pattern.

If you have any idea of what route you want to go - make or commission or whatnot - then it will be easier to give advice.

It will also help to know how much you care about accuracy and whatnot. Going to look at costume patterns might work out fine for you and might be your best option if you're not wanting to get super crazy about this. If you do want to get really into it, I can try to direct you to basics on how to draft patterns - but I'm just warning you that something like this is very advanced so if you've never done pattern drafting before it might make you very frustrated to try to do this your first time.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2014, 01:22 AM   #5
abbeyroad

I am also interested in owning this coat!
If you find one, or are interested in making one, please contact me. My phone is USA area code two one four. The remainder of my number is four five zero, and then one nine one seven. You can just text if there is no answer.
Thanks!
abbeyroad is offline   Reply With Quote