Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
kjshi

Anastasia

Yes, yes, I know that the 1997 film Anastasia was not a Disney film, and was done by 20th Century Fox, but I figured I'd have more luck here in the Disney thread because, well, princesses.
I'm making the gown she wears at the end of the movie, which should be in the attachments if they worked properly.
Anyways, I'm not sure how to go about making the crown she wears. I can manage putting the gown together, but if the gown is gorgeous I really don't want the crown looking sub-par.
It looks similar in style to a kokoshnik, which I understand the general shape off, but I'm not sure how to make it nicer than just craft foam and glitter.

Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Anastasiacartoonfront.jpg (12.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg anastasia.jpg (94.4 KB, 0 views)
kjshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
kiggi

there are a few girls who have done anastasia here for the crown, a few suggestions ranging from easy to not. 1: look at pagent crowns. Simple easy and you're done. 2: make a frame out of coat hangers/heavy wire and buy sparkly beads, and wire/string them on in rows. 3: do similar to 2, but use a soldering iron and solder on strips of the rhinestone trim in the metal casings. Make sure if using a frame, you have atleast 1 support in the center or near so it doesn't collapse in the front.

if you have any questions on what I've suggested, don't hesitate to ask
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote