Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
CherriPetalz
waht is this

Free!

Is anyone planning on cosplaying this anime? It's new and people are complaining about it only being fan service, but I really love the Arabian outfits (not the actual animation, but I couldn't find it D: ) that they had in the ending. I was thinking about making one of them and I've already seen people making Rin's.
CherriPetalz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

If there are anymore girls in the show I will totally hop on it! Or I may consider being the little cute one, with the blonde hair. (:
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
CherriPetalz
waht is this

I also hope there are more girls, but if not, I'd think Makoto (guy with brown hair) would be fun to cosplay too! I just hope there are more alternate outfits like the Arabian ones because they seem more fun to make then the swimsuits. (And I also don't have a six pack to do those)
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Before the first episode came out, I was already in a cosplay group for this. :'D
I'll be Rin. <3
He fits really well with the character type that I like to cosplay as well as being the same height.^^
Here's a WIP shot from when I did a wig and make up test run.^^

Anyway, we're making the swimming outfits with the jackets, and possibly also the Arabian ED outfits.
I'm also doing a casual fanart version I saw with a cute shark hoodie. x3
In progress:
| Homura Akemi - 80%| Rin Matsuoka - 75%|
| Yuu Kashima - 70%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%| Uta - 40%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
CherriPetalz
waht is this

When the first "official" pictures came out (they werent even that official) , I started a cosplay ask blog with a terrible brown wig as Makoto ahaha, but now that it is official, I think I should start taking it more seriously ;w;
Unread 07-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #6
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I'll admit, I'm kind of curious to see how crossplayers pull this one off. These guys rarely keep their shirts on.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
My_Insanity
Barian Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I'll admit, I'm kind of curious to see how crossplayers pull this one off. These guys rarely keep their shirts on.
Haru stripping - The Animation.
I've seen girls do it with towels and open chest binding and there's also the jackets idea. All the ED costumes appear to be do-able with open-chest binding for Nagisa, Rin and Rei's Arabian parts.

I got sucked in by the ED costumes and ended up making Haruka's. I had a bit of trouble discerning what colour his top was meant to be as there's one shot where it appears light grey but it seems to be black with lightgrey/silver trim around the bottom most of the time. I went with black. I kinda want to make one of their outfits from the club portion as well but I should probably finished my costumes I'm wearing with groups first. To think I had written this off as a no-go cosplay wise because I didn't want to make a school uniform and I can't exactly go bare chested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Haru ED.jpg (184.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by My_Insanity : 07-10-2013 at 06:17 PM.
My_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
touchmon
Make All The Things!

^That looks great!

A friend of mine wants to pull together a genderbend group and if it happens I'm going to cosplay Makoto. Other than that, I'm really loving Gou right now. If only her hair wasn't in a ponytail. >_< I have the perfect wig otherwise.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #9
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I wanna cosplay as Rin's sister Kou :3

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Ruby Rose/Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]
Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #10
CherriPetalz
waht is this

^^ THAT LOOKS AMAZING WOW

many of my friends arent willing to cosplay free with me because theyre really self conscious about their bodies D:
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:09 AM   #11
Lalnee

I plan on cosplaying Rei, and it was totally accidental. I kinda forgot about Free! until the first episode came out and the first thing I thought about was "hey! we both have glasses isn't that nice?", and I found(more like remember it existed) a dark blue wig I bought 6 months ago. Usually, I wear orange glasses, but I wore red glasses a year ago, what a coincidence. And we don't know a lot about Rei for now, but after seeing him in the previews, and reading a little character chart, I think we're really similar.
Since I'm a girl, I plan on either cosplaying him in his uniform, or go with the closed jacket idea !

And My_Insanity and LluviaSarcasm, you look awesome !

EDIT: I almost finished it ! I went for the school uniform, and I found a short blazer and a red tie (I already had a white shirt), I just need brown pants and it'll be finished !

Last edited by Lalnee : 07-13-2013 at 12:29 AM.
Lalnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #12
Yujin

I don't think I could ever crossplay in the opposite direction (as opposed to guy going girl, since I am a girl haha) but Gou might be manageable. Granted I've only seen the first episode and don't know all the characters there are yet. ><
Yujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #13
My_Insanity
Barian Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalnee View Post
I plan on cosplaying Rei, and it was totally accidental. I kinda forgot about Free! until the first episode came out and the first thing I thought about was "hey! we both have glasses isn't that nice?", and I found(more like remember it existed) a dark blue wig I bought 6 months ago. Usually, I wear orange glasses, but I wore red glasses a year ago, what a coincidence. And we don't know a lot about Rei for now, but after seeing him in the previews, and reading a little character chart, I think we're really similar.
Since I'm a girl, I plan on either cosplaying him in his uniform, or go with the closed jacket idea !

And My_Insanity and LluviaSarcasm, you look awesome !

EDIT: I almost finished it ! I went for the school uniform, and I found a short blazer and a red tie (I already had a white shirt), I just need brown pants and it'll be finished !

Can't wait to see it. I can tell I'm going to like his character a lot from just the character information and stuff like his backpack in his appearances so far.

Also, thank you guys!
My_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #14
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I'm waiting for Kou to be in a swimsuit, which will probably happen in the next episode as she joined the swim club. I've mentioned elsewhere that I want to do a swimmable cosplay. Plus my real hair would work for her.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #15
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I'm waiting for Kou to be in a swimsuit, which will probably happen in the next episode as she joined the swim club. I've mentioned elsewhere that I want to do a swimmable cosplay. Plus my real hair would work for her.
I can't wait for that! I'd then have something to wear at like a pool since most of my cons are during the summer! And I love swimming haha!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Ruby Rose/Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]
Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote