Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #136
CherriPetalz
waht is this

I've finished the top part for Kougyoku today but the sleeves worry me a little. They're in a diamond shape instead of a circle when I lay them down (Does that make sense?) I have to pull on the sleeves to adjust them because they fall out of shape. Do you think I could attach charms on the ends to try and weigh them down so they don't slip?

on a different note, has anyone tried to cosplay the djinn equips? I've only seen one or two but they look fun to try (and also obnoxiously hard). I really want to try Vinea but I dont think my parents will approve D:

Last edited by CherriPetalz : 12-28-2012 at 08:11 PM.
CherriPetalz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #137
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherriPetalz View Post
I've finished the top part for Kougyoku today but the sleeves worry me a little. They're in a diamond shape instead of a circle when I lay them down (Does that make sense?) I have to pull on the sleeves to adjust them because they fall out of shape. Do you think I could attach charms on the ends to try and weigh them down so they don't slip?

on a different note, has anyone tried to cosplay the djinn equips? I've only seen one or two but they look fun to try (and also obnoxiously hard). I really want to try Vinea but I dont think my parents will approve D:
Maybe you could put snaps in strategic places? I'm not really sure what your problem is though. Maybe a picture would help?

And I also really want to cosplay a djinn equip. ^_^ I love Hakuei's equip so much. The top frightens me a bit though.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #138
CherriPetalz
waht is this

Here's what I was talking about (sorry about the lighting, it's really bad in my room D: )

and you defiently should try Hakuei's equip! Her's is really pretty and I really want to see more djinn equip cosplays!

Last edited by CherriPetalz : 12-31-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Unread 12-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #139
cactusmomma
Let's play!

There's been several attempts at Vinea, but for obvious reasons, none at meet-ups. Here's the ones I've seen, if that helps you figure out what/how it's been done.
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10

Djinn cosplays: Ugo Ugo Paimon

As for this diamond shape, I think I have an idea about what you're talking about. Would you be able to stitch in hidden pockets to the bottom of the sleeves and say, use them as your con purse? Hiding coins and heavier small personal effects could be stashed away easily and would weigh the sleeves down. Since her sleeves are the equiv. to small crop circles, I can see how they'd hang straight down instead of curving.
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #140
Electro-Rabu
Moe Moe Kyunstep

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I'm cosplaying Morgiana to Otakon! Not sure if I'll cosplay her for AnimeNext or not. I would say cotton in my opinion.
:') I kinda hope that there will be a Magi group that all of us can get together at Otakon! If so - I'll see you there, heheeh!

But yeah - Cotton was my first choice too. ^_^ I hope it comes out goooood
Otakon - Yoko Littner [Gurren Lagann] | Rohan Kishibe [Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable] | Hot Pants [Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run] | Dio Brando [Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders]
Electro-Rabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #141
CherriPetalz
waht is this

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusmomma View Post
There's been several attempts at Vinea, but for obvious reasons, none at meet-ups. Here's the ones I've seen, if that helps you figure out what/how it's been done.
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10

Djinn cosplays: Ugo Ugo Paimon

As for this diamond shape, I think I have an idea about what you're talking about. Would you be able to stitch in hidden pockets to the bottom of the sleeves and say, use them as your con purse? Hiding coins and heavier small personal effects could be stashed away easily and would weigh the sleeves down. Since her sleeves are the equiv. to small crop circles, I can see how they'd hang straight down instead of curving.
those cosplays are absolutely gorgeous ;;u;; I love how they used the pool for a photoshoot.

Thats a great idea for the sleeves. That solves two of my problems (the other one is the fact that I didn't have enough fabric to line both sleeves) Thank you very much!
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #142
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Got pictures of my Morgiana cosplay up. ^_^

Quote:

Unread 01-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #143
Falclon

I can't wait for my cosplay schedule to clear up a bit so I can finally do Hakuei's djinn equip. I may do Paimon just for a photoshoot like the Vinea cosplays.
Unread 01-03-2013, 05:26 AM   #144
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherriPetalz View Post
Thats a great idea for the sleeves. That solves two of my problems (the other one is the fact that I didn't have enough fabric to line both sleeves) Thank you very much!
As long as you have enough to reach where people won't see (especially if you're holding your arms at an angle where the sleeve insides are), you'll be able to get away with a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Got pictures of my Morgiana cosplay up. ^_^
Ah! I just approved those on DA. I wanted to comment on how much I love the chain and windswept shots, but got really busy earlier. Would love to see more in the near future!
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #145
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusmomma View Post
Ah! I just approved those on DA. I wanted to comment on how much I love the chain and windswept shots, but got really busy earlier. Would love to see more in the near future!
Aww thank you. ^_^ I will have more pictures in June when I debut it at a con and I'll be able to get some pictures with an Alibaba too.

Quote:

Unread 01-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #146
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

So I started drawing out the pattern for my Sinbad cosplay... uh...does anyone understand how the white part of his outfit works? Is it one piece or two? two would make more sence but they both in reference pictures it looks like one knot?
Reference: Here and Here

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #147
touchmon
Make All The Things!

^I think it's two. The shawl thing, I think is separate from the under white piece. I think the knot is just the shawl tied to itself.

Quote:

Unread 01-06-2013, 03:43 AM   #148
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
So I started drawing out the pattern for my Sinbad cosplay... uh...does anyone understand how the white part of his outfit works? Is it one piece or two? two would make more sence but they both in reference pictures it looks like one knot?
Reference: Here and Here
It's definitely two pieces. The top is just a very long rectangle of fabric tied in the front.

Unread 01-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #149
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycysusan2001 View Post
TT I feel like its lack in official color page.
New opening has full colors. http://i46.tinypic.com/f0e0dx.jpg
Unread 01-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #150
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Really love the fact that Morgiana's dancer dress is in the new op. Now I finally have a color reference image for it!

Also I am a bit upset that Morgiana's household vessels are silver. I got mine commissioned to be gold since the color looked more goldish in the cover art of the manga. :/ As fellow Magi cosplayers, would anyone mind the color difference?

Quote:

Last edited by touchmon : 01-06-2013 at 09:13 PM.