Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 02-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #16
KittehSczhio
Mrow~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
Right now, whatever I can. I'm kind of hopelessly broke at the moment. Most of my costumes are funded by my parents, but I usually have supply myself with con tickets. Right now, I am so totally broke, I can't afford a ticket for even SuperCon in June/July because I have no income since I am no longer needed as a babysitter. But most of the cons are still a while away, so here's to hoping I find a job or some other means of income soon. *fingers crossed*

I am going to try and see about going to Hatsume Festival, though. The only problem is that it's on St. Patrick's Day weekend and my niece's birthday is the 18th. I have no idea what my sister is doing regarding her birthday party. If it's going to be Sunday, then I'll be going Saturday. If it's Saturday, I highly doubt I'll be going Sunday since I mostly want to go to Hatsume to enter the costume contest. Of course, there's also the chance that my sister might not even do it on the same weekend. Everything's really up in the air at the moment. D:
Ah~ I see. Hatsume is only six bucks which is the main reason I love going. That and its outdoors and just so much more simple than a big con. Super Con was alright last year but they have better people this year so it'll be.. better, haha. Plus Brittney Karbowski is gonna be there~

WARNING: THIS USER HAS OBSESSIVE FAN GIRLING DISORDER. THEY ALSO SHIP NANASPRITE AND LIL' CAL. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Stalk me?!?
KittehSczhio is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #17
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

@Lurdocc, Gaspeth! I just might do that! I'd be able to spend the whole weekend there if I did that! Thanks! ... Now to approach the parentals about the $55 orz

@Kitteh, Yeah, that's why I'd like to go to Hatsume too. If my Hach-Hachi Len could possibly be done by then I would totally go as him because Morikami would just fit that outfit so well... Ermm, wishful thinking aside, it's cheap and that's why I want to go too. XD That and I've only been there once and I loved it so much. I'd pretty much use any excuse to go back again.

As for SuperCon, yeah it was kinda boring last time. I remember going and I was... was disappointed. There weren't even really that many cosplayers. But as said before, things do look a whole lot better this year. I got my fingers crossed, that's for sure. X3
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Kamiya Kaoru - Rurouni Kenshin
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #18
cosplayluvv

Hey Pompano Beach here!!! Are you going to hatsune fest?! is so we should meet up, and thats for everyone!
cosplayluvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #19
cosplayluvv

meant hatsume sorry
Unread 02-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #20
KittehSczhio
Mrow~!

@Reily Yessh, Hatsume is actually my favorite out of any anime event thing. Big cons are fun just eh. Super Con was kinda lame last year. I went as Eruka Frog from Soul Eater and everywhere I went, people kept asking me for a picture. Every freaking time I turned around. =.=

WARNING: THIS USER HAS OBSESSIVE FAN GIRLING DISORDER. THEY ALSO SHIP NANASPRITE AND LIL' CAL. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Stalk me?!?
Unread 02-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #21
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

And super good news for me, I'll be able to go to Hatsume! My niece's birthday party is going to be on Sunday, so I can attend Saturday~ And that just makes me squee in delight. I'll be showcasing my Melfina cosplay there, and maybe entering the costume contest too if I think it's ready for that. Which it should be. The costume isn't really that difficult and I've already got the most difficult part done with.

For the Future:
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Unread 02-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #22
KittehSczhio
Mrow~!

That's great! I'm going as Tailor Shop on Enbizaka Luka. I'm still waiting on my wig and then I have to make the kimono and find Japanese sandals. The kimono shouldn't be too hard but the shoes... Eh.

Stalk me?!?
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #23
cosplayluvv

hey do any of you guys have Facebook? if so ill add you, mine is Liz Cosplay.
Unread 02-29-2012, 03:00 AM   #24
beelzebobbles

Why didn't I see this thread?

I'm Fort Lauderdale. Well actually I'm living in Michigan for college now...but I'm home during summer break. I'm bringing back Grimmjow & Frau for Mizucon &possibly Supercon because they don't have props I can't carry on the plane and may possibly be finishing my construction of Chell from Portal 2.
beelzebobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #25
AJV
Grell Cosplayer

Well Hiya! I'm from Ft. Lauderdale myself.

Gonna go to Supercon the 30th which I'm excited about (even though last year could have been better) and I'm hopeful that maybe I'll be able to go to other cons this year but I'm not sure yet.^^

Cosplays I'm Working on:

Grell Sutcliff (Younger version) 85% Done
Grell Sutcliff 80% Done
Grell Sutcliff (Cheshire Cat) 75% Done
Ciel Phantomhive (Original Outfit) 50% Done
Rukia Kuchiki 5% Done (May not finish. Unsure atm)
AJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #26
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

More poeple! ;A; So happy...

Erm, anyways...

@cosplayluvv, no fb here because I am adamantly opposed to it completely and 100%. Just my preference, though. I don't like people knowing what I'm up to all of the time. >.>

@beelzebobbles and AJV, neeeeat. X3 I actually don't know if I'll be able to go to SuperCon or Mizucon this year. Not for money constraints but because I might possibly be getting a job soon, and I don't know if I'll be able to take time off or change a schedule so soon after I get it. D: But here's to hoping! Especially since my schedule will be much more open during the summer. But at least I'll be getting a paycheck. >.>

For the Future:
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Unread 03-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #27
cosplayluvv

@Reily96 Yah i can understand that. And im not sure if you said this before but are you going sat and sun to hastume fest or just sat? thanks ;D
Unread 03-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #28
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

I'll only be going Saturday since my niece's birthday is Sunday.

For the Future:
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Unread 03-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #29
beelzebobbles

Lol people on facebook only know what you're doing if you blab about what you're doing. People never know what I'm doing and I only update my status every 1-2 weeks if I have something important to say, but it's nice for keeping in touch or keeping a way to contact old friends, highschool friends, con friends, employers etc. I otherwise would have lost touch with if I didn't use fb.

All my con friends I've met I still talk to in groups or whatever on FB and if I'm in town for a con I can always depend on having people to hang out with.

I only go to any con in south florida on saturdays anyway. Screw paying for a hotel room
beelzebobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #30
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Oh for me it has more to do with the fact that my Internet life and real life are quite separated. So while all my friends are on fb, so is my whole family. And I act very differently in front of my parents than I do my friends or the Internet. I like that defining line just as it is, and fb would blur those lines way too muh for my liking.

... That and I don't like change. I've stuck to deviantart and cosplay.com, that's all I need. XD though I have to admit, I do have a certain pride in being separated from the fb community. Kind of liberating in a sense. >.>

For the Future:
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen