Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Costume-Con

Unread 02-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #46
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Progress... Almost done Souryuu sword and starting his crown, Regina book is done. This week and next I'll be tackling both their wigs.
http://www.cosplay.com/member/38045/photos/

My 3D crystal apple puzzle came it and I looks cool with 3 red LED's in it. I'm still trying to make a crystal heart though. lol

I'm might be voted out of the Arda wigs this round being the least popular wig .... so I may have more time one this. >_<

Edit random note:
I forgot what Apoxy Clay was like when it fresh. lol It a comply different consistency (wetter like sily putty at first) then the old batch of 3 years I just finished off which had dehydrated slightly.

FanExpo '17
Merida - Brave (Saturday only)

Anime North '18
Steven Universe ?
Sakizou Ms. Anniversary

Future cosplays/cons:
Lagertha - Vikings, Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 02-21-2014 at 09:13 AM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-03-2014, 10:39 AM   #47
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Time to do my checklist.

Souryuu ~ Yami no Matsuei
What's left:
[-]Wig (custom fake hairline, lifted bangs, and bun/hair loops.)
[ ]White under rob. (just got the fabric for it!)
[ ]Perwinkle robe with trim
[ ]Fake second rob collar.
[ ]Over Coat with support shoulder and trim with cracked piping in gold.

Finished
[X]Crown
[X]Decorative Obi with fake ties and layers (cracked piping in gold.)
[X]Fan
[X]Sword

Regina apple dress ~ Once Upon a Time
What's left:
[-]Wig
[ ]Colar
[ ]Jacket
[ ]Custom rattail trim.
[ ]Skirt
[ ]Glowing Heart (Extra)

Finished:
[X]Book
[X]Bra & jewellery
[X]hand beaded Appliqué (7000m 2mm bead later)

FanExpo '17

Anime North '18
Steven Universe ?
Sakizou Ms. Anniversary

Future cosplays/cons:

For Sale
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 03-25-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Unread 03-04-2014, 11:47 PM   #48
Ayekasong
Gaming Addict

I'm totally jealous. One of my costumes is close to being done, but not there yet.

Next up: Star Wars Celebration
Cons for 2017 - Star Wars Celebration :: Costume-Con :: Geek.Kon :: Archon :: TeslaCon

My ACP page :: Facebook :: Costume News Website :: Costume News Youtube channel:: Personal YouTube :: World Cosplay Page
Ayekasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 12:17 AM   #49
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Was SUPPOSED to get Quorra's new armour drafted on the weekend, but woohoo, I got fantastically sick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 09:40 PM   #50
CapsuleCorp
Future Pirate King

I didn't realize how close it was. I don't think I'm going to get Gan Ning done in time. Oh well. It's just for the halls, anyway.

But we on the CostumeCon34 committee are probably going to make some examples from our Single Pattern Contest patterns, which we'll be announcing at CC32. So people can see what can be done with them. Come say hi to us at the CC34 table! We'll give you shiny ribbons!

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2014, 05:51 AM   #51
may55
Just another penguin

My Fallout costume is doing fine, but I have to redo the pants because I accidentally made them too tight. Then I just need to dye the fabric and I am done.

I have yet to start my Single pattern entry, but I have a week free of work to finish it completely (And I am still not sure if I will make it in time). I have what I will be doing for it I just need to get the pattern pieces to start working on it. .

I also have my mom's costume to work on, which is a medieval inspired dress, which she decided 2 days ago!! She is trying to kill me. I am going to be doing that ALL this weekend. I think we are just taking a velvet dress and using it as a base.

Lastly my general hall cosplay is an old corseted ball dress my mom used as a kid which I am fixing up for my own use. It's got an interesting design but there are random beads which are falling out which I might just get rid of entirely. I also have to fix a fabric flower on it. Also I have to find all of my crinoline, which has disappeared ever since I left for school last year.

Cosplays for the Year:
(Fallout 3) Vault Dwellers (Regular and Pin up edition) (20%)
Masquerade Ballgown (60%)

PENGUINS! Enough said.
may55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #52
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

O___o It just got real as I was charged yesterday for my hotel room at the Cronwe on my Visa.

FanExpo '17

Anime North '18
Steven Universe ?
Sakizou Ms. Anniversary

Future cosplays/cons:

For Sale

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 03-07-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Unread 03-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #53
jukebox
made you look.

I seriously envy y'all who have so much progress done already. I just ordered the fabric for the Katy Perry bodice today and finished decorating the shoes yesterday. If it weren't for the fact that the weather trolled us all horribly in the GTA, I'd have gone out to get the tulle I need for the skirt, but thats gonna have to wait til the weekend, I guess.

My historical costume is still pretty much just a heap of fabric, but at least my research is done...
Unread 03-14-2014, 10:50 AM   #54
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

^ Don't feel bad, because even with my early start I might not be able to finish both of my costumes. >_<

FanExpo '17

Anime North '18
Steven Universe ?
Sakizou Ms. Anniversary

Future cosplays/cons:

For Sale
Unread 03-14-2014, 08:28 PM   #55
jukebox
made you look.

Within the past 2 days I've somehow thought it was a good idea to totally change my plans for the historical masq. WHAT IS MY LIFE.
Unread 03-18-2014, 02:13 AM   #56
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

If I keep motivated/don't slack off and nothing goes horribly wrong, I THINK Quorra will be all done on time (and sigh, I GIVE UP on the extended neckline/collar on this costume, the design is RIDICULOUS. I'm in fashion school and still couldn't get a god damn thing to work for it if it were to look screen-accurate because my textbook only gives drafting instructions for all-around-even extended necklines with centre front AND back seams). But it's starting to quickly look like my boyfriend won't have a costume (he said he doesn't really mind, as he doesn't cosplay much at cons in the first place, but I'll feel awful if he doesn't have something cool to show off for the only Costume-Con we'll get to go to for a very long time). Buying new pleather tomorrow for the side parts, and before the weekend I need to get my pattern finished and ready to have fabric cut from it. And as I have a TON of extra pleather for the stiffer parts of the costume, no mockup. I'll find out if it'll work with the pleather first (and I need to mold it over some worbla on the chest anyway and make sure it stretches correctly, can't replicate that with bedsheets).
Quote:
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
Unread 03-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #57
Boreotheria
n00b

My plan is to have two proper costumes (one in theme, one not) and wear steampunk or other garb for the other two days. Seasonal depression sucks. I got so little done before... last week? :P

But I'm actually on track to at least get Ori finished. I have a wig, I'm making the coat (although cheaping out), fabric for trousers or skirt will be here this week. Knitted components will likely be purchased because I can't knit. So no masquerades for me. Maybe I'll work on perfecting it for another convention.

I still don't know what the heck I'm doing about the muse costume. It's stupid hard to find a nice plain unpatterned basic weave soft wool fabric in solid colours. All I need is about three metres each of baby blue and midnight blue, and props will be easily found on Ebay.
Unread 03-25-2014, 12:05 PM   #58
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Err... lost a week due to illness... >_< I wanted to get all my sewing done by this Sunday but I have 4 layers of robes and some crazy hand sewing for vinyl piping on the outer robe to do in this week to keep on track (i want last week back). So I feel like if I get everting sew but the piping/trim one the outer robe it will be a miracle.

But thankfully I last Saturday I was feeling well enough to grind off 1-2lb of clay from the inside of the crown and repaint it. So much lighter but still it's about 2lb in weight I'm going to suffer through the day wearing it on my head (my poor neck). lol But it's not much different then one wig I worn in the past.

BUT HERE'S THE CROWN!!!
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3480405/

I still have a wig to style for Souryuu and the fallowing week I find out if I'm still in the Arda contest/next round starts.

FanExpo '17

Anime North '18
Steven Universe ?
Sakizou Ms. Anniversary

Future cosplays/cons:

For Sale

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 03-25-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Unread 03-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #59
Kat Murz
Last Manitoban Pirate

Progress on Anna carries on @____@ I only have about 100 hours of embroidery time left to go though!! (out of what will probably end up being over 300 hours of hand embroidery, my poor fingers ;____;.) and just a few things left to sew together too! YAAAY Was able to try on enough pieces to start to get a vision of my finish line. AAHHHHH EXCITED FOR THE CON AND TO BE DONE. Four-Five months of hard work will finally pay off...

Progress is here!: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...81233& type=3

Still hopefully I might have time to get Hilda done, will be brining my Granado Espada too likely.
~ Ai-kon
~ Otakuthon
~ Central Canadian Comic Con

Check me out for tutorials, con reviews and more at:: Nomadic-Goldfish Cosplay on Facebook

Last edited by Kat Murz : 03-25-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Kat Murz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #60
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Good god I hate upholstery vinyl. I got stuck using it to make most of Quorra again and it's a giant pain in the ass to sew. My machine won't take it plus heavy duty thread, so I have to handstitch any parts that require the heavier thread. I now have seven bloody pricks on my fingers two hours later and only one seam and its darts done. And I'm hoping this will continue to fit like it should/lay flat... it's kind of hard to tell since I have all the cutaways in it and haven't sewn the diffusing material in yet to put hings back in one piece. If the back won't sit flush against me like it should I'll have to glue some buckram or something on it, or shorten it so it doesn't come into contact with my hips. (As boyfriend calls them, I have Quarian hips. They're a pain.)
But on the plus side, the lapped separating zipper was easily pinned in place, and my worbla boob-plate is nicely shaped.
Quote: