Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 02-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #16
ShiroAme

I've had some dreams where I show up at the convention in a different costume than planned. Not really a nightmare, since it's not like I forgot anything, but just weird. XD
ShiroAme is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #17
MDA
Destiny Productions

I'm not having AN nightmares as of yet. Instead, it's currently Con-G nightmares xD Those ones scare me for the simple fact that all the Con-G nightmares have been about things going wrong with Kuja. As in, VERY wrong indeed.

AN dreams/nightmares will start after Con-G most likely :P It's highly likely. I just hope that this year will be less stress to finish everything... which is where my nightmares come from. Stress @_@
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #18
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I think that's why my AN nightmares haven't started yet because my costume for Con-G is mostly done already and I don't feel taxed for time.

FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #19
ImNotThatDrunk
Doing it Off the Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburn_Kitty View Post
Had a dream not too long ago that I was dressed in my Rena cosplay but, Anime North took place in Napanee (where I live)! o_o I was getting help by my fiance getting the blood on my legs and such. There were people walking around Napanee with anime costumes on. It was weird. XD
Nice to know other fans live close by! I'm a Kingston girl myself.
Unread 02-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #20
Rairi

AN nightmares are a common subject between me and my friends. I used to only have them in the weeks leading up to the con but now I get them interspersed throughout the year.
The first ones used to be about getting lost on the way to the con, or my dad taking forever to start driving me there (so I would get there at 6pm on saturday)
Mostly now they involve costumes not being done, or me not bringing one. Sometimes I HAVE my costume but I just don't wear it. Other ones involve being at AN but just staying in my hotel room
I had one where I spent the entire day just staring at the first stall I saw in the dealer's room, then I realized AN was almost over and I hadn't done anything at all :/
They're all so very disconcerting.
Rairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #21
Auburn_Kitty
'Taters eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotThatDrunk View Post
Nice to know other fans live close by! I'm a Kingston girl myself.
AhhhhYEAH! Super awesome! Mostly all my cosplay friends live over towards Toronto or farther it's nice to know there are closer cosplayers. n_nv *win*

Rei Ryugazaki - FREE! (club outfit) Progress = 30-40% DONE
Auburn_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #22
Anaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairi View Post
The first ones used to be about getting lost on the way to the con, or my dad taking forever to start driving me there (so I would get there at 6pm on saturday)
Oh jeez, those are probably the most frequent con nightmares for me. I don't think I need to worry about any Anime North nightmares this year though; I've got plenty of time and not much to make. 8"D;
Serena (Pokemon XY)
Anaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #23
AJ the Collector
Collector

I had an Anime North dream this morning. It was short, but yeah, it's officially started for me.

In this particularly bland dream, I was at AN, dressed as Karkat, standing around outside Subway, eating a pizza sub and taking pics of random cosplayers.
End of Summer Homestuck Meet 2014
DTAC 2014

Cosplay Projects for 2014/2015:
Equius Zahhak {100%!} for FX14, End of Summer Homestuck Meet 2014: Zoostuck Twostuck and AN15
Totakeke {90%} for DTAC14
L {70%} for AN15
Karkat Vantas {70%}
Sable Able {50%} for CB15
Makoto Naegi {50%}
Penelope Mouse - Sly 3 design {40%}
Zidane Tribal {30%}

Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #24
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I don't know if this was a nightmare or not but I was at AnimeNorth and I think I was in cosplay but I lost my friend somewhere in the con so I was running around looking for her. Although I probably wasn't that frantic since I kept stopping to take pictures of cosplayers. XD

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #25
Inkreader13

I'm not going this year, so that's why I think in the last 3 or 4 months I have already had 3 anime north dreams. The only one I can remember is one that I wrote down to send to a friend: I was at anime north wearing a lolita dress (but it looked like a wedding dress from say yes to the dress Atlantia). I was waiting in the line to get into the dealers room. I was a little edgy because I didn't know where you [my friend] were. I finally got into the main lobby, outside the dealers room. I called to see where you were and found out you didn't go [this is odd because we both have to get planes to attend Anime North]. I was super sad. Then I went and ate free breakfast as everyone went into the dealers room. I left that area and tried to find some of our other friends.
Sunday - Madoka

Follow me on my Deviantart and Tumblr.
Inkreader13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #26
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Just had my first con nightmare. X_X. My friend and I were at the con when I realized that I forgot my naginata for Minako at home and my huge Furreal friend dog prop for Inukashi. The weird part is that Inukashi was not a cosplay I was going to take to AnimeNorth. Safe to say it was horrible and made me very sad.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #27
Auburn_Kitty
'Taters eh?

I had this dream Thursday.

Anime North took place in a desert and it was a small convention. The Dealer's Room was tiny and they sold things like fruit and veggy's, comic books shirts and some small anime things. The weren't allowed to sell anime DVD's or manga. I asked one of the guys selling stuff why they weren't allowed to sell those things and he said they just weren't. I explained to him that, that's where the make most of their money! That's all I really wanted to buy. I figured it would be the last time I go to AN cause of that. It was the worst. Q_Q

Rei Ryugazaki - FREE! (club outfit) Progress = 30-40% DONE
Auburn_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #28
CirqueDuFolie

Me pre-con dreams officially began last night. XD I`m beginning to finalize what I`m going to where on each day, so I`ve been spazzing about them a lot. XD Thankfully this was more so a dream than a nightmare - those usually being to occur about a month before. But last night everything basically was perfect. XD It was the Saturday of the con, my cosplay was complete and looked terrific and all my friends were there and we had plenty of money. XD
Last year the nightmares were terrible. o.o The week before AN I barely got any sleep. Once it was the Friday of the con, my cosplay wasn`t finished and I had to work on it in the car on the way there, and we got there super late at like... 11:00. T^T Several others dealt with either going alone (Merh, I like my friends with meh XD) or arriving only to find that the con had been moved to a different place/date.
This is our first year booking a hotel room (We live relatively close to the TCC but we`re fed up with commuting. XD) and I can only imagine that nightmares this will cause. Dx Probably have something to do with either our room being given away or we`re unable to pay.

{Anime North 2014}
Merida - 95%
MeiRin - 100%
Goddess Madoka - 95%
Surprise Cosplay - 95%

{2015}
Koumei Ren - 0%
Fem!Koujaku - 0%
Yamuraiha - 0%
Muron Alexius - 0%

CirqueDuFolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #29
Kairi's-Fantasy
Artsy Tech

Oh my gosh! If I hadn't seen this thread, I wouldn't have remembered the nightmare I had about Anime North O.O
I think I had the nightmare because I'm so worried that I won't get my cosplay finished in time, and I want everything to be perfect and stuff ...
It was the day before Anime North and I can't remember it clearly, but all of a sudden I remembered that Anime North was the next day, and realized that I didn't make the cosplay, but I had the wig, so I was freaking out and I ended up going to Anime North without a cosplay ... It was horrible ... T.T I know there was more to the nightmare, but I can't remember it!!

Planned for 2014:
Ruby Rose (RWBY)
Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
Miku Hatsune (Vocaloid/World is Mine)
Kyoko Sakura (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica/Casual)
Ellie (The Last of Us)

Last edited by Kairi's-Fantasy : 03-08-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Kairi's-Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #30
Leeah

I had a dream that it was the day of the convention and I woke up with a ton of disgustingly huge pimples on my face- and no matter how much make-up I put on they couldn't be concealed ._.