Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 02-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #31
rosie44442003
Just call me Rosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotThatDrunk View Post
Nice to know other fans live close by! I'm a Kingston girl myself.
OMFG! Seriously? Were based in Kingston too!!!!
Saturday-Leafa from Sword Art Online
Sunday-More Steampunk
rosie44442003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #32
tiikay
there is no spork.

I haven't had any yet, they seem to pop up about a month before the con... but on top of cosplay nightmares, I get artist alley nightmares. The worst ones usually include me forgetting my prints and getting denied a table when I show up and I'm usually missing pieces of cosplays (or entire outfits). I wake up after these things and feel SO GLAD that it was all a dream... o.o;

tiikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #33
AJ the Collector
Collector

I just woke up a few hours ago from a bad AN dream. The guest list had been completely revealed and showed not one recognizable name apart from the guests who have actually been revealed already. It felt so real too, I was relieved when I woke up.
End of Summer Homestuck Meet 2014
DTAC 2014

Cosplay Projects for 2014/2015:
Gamzee Makara {100%!} for FX14
Equius Zahhak {100%!} for End of Summer Homestuck Meet 2014
Totakeke {90%} for DTAC14
L {70%} for AN15
Karkat Vantas {70%}
Sable Able {50%} for CB15
Penelope Mouse - Sly 3 design {40%}
Zidane Tribal {30%}

Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #34
Video Kozo
Prop master

Freeking out...

OK i had one too!
i drempt of AN and i was in the nude!!(freeking out)

I know that i dont have a cosplay.. becose i am working.. Video shoot interviews...

My dream was me running around getting cosplayers to come over to my interview sight...lots came ...but no one said anything about my being nude?? in which i only find out at the end! weird!
Made lots of freinds nobody judgeing any one else...or bad mouthing! just lot of people being freinds...

I,ve never had one of these dreams before!!

I've also being concidering making a steampunk outfit...but i dont have the time....MAYBE!

Im still going...i am not missing out on AN even if i have to sleep in my car!
Video Kozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #35
Video Kozo
Prop master

OK i had a second dream....

Second one in two days!!

This time it was set in Montreal..i recognized the archictecture! we were in the Panorama room on the top floor with the City as a background...

I was interviewing cosplayers...long line up... VickyBunny Angel was my interviewer!!
And i had Ackson!! as my second Cameraman shooting all the beautiful action shots!!

I just hope this one comes true!!

I've had precognitive dreams before... So i could say this is a Pre Con nitive dream...LOL

Last edited by Video Kozo : 02-28-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: more!
Video Kozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 03:54 AM   #36
Nekoyasha_23

I had a dream i dyed my hair black again, had a allergic recation and a cemical burn like last year, but in the dream, I itched my head so much it bleed and then my face melted off and while i was freaking out everyone thought it was just a zombie cosplay and kept taking pictures and no one helped me out, I woke up crying and didnt sleep the rest of the night.

Just thinking about it scares me, I havent dared dye my hair since last year. x(

ANIME NORTH 2013
Thrus : ?? Friday : Android 17 (DBZ) Saturday : Komui Lee (DGM) Sunday: ??
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Nekoyasha2315
http://nekoyasha23.deviantart.com/
Nekoyasha_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 06:41 AM   #37
Shimi
Zombie the Hedgehog

In my dream last night, my friend was telling me that she was having financial trouble and wasn't sure if she could go. It was the night before the convention and I was freaking out! lol. Then I was dreaming about Sonic adventure DX hacks... :/

hi.
Shimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #38
Auburn_Kitty
'Taters eh?

Had one this morning. Okay, so I was apparently at AN and my costume wasn't done yet. I didn't have my wig and the girl who is making my Rena dress didn't finish yet. I emailed her and asked her how it was going and that I was at the convention and it should've been done. She sent it to me to see how I liked it. It was nice but, the colours were all wrong! The dress was white but there was fluffy yellow tulle everywhere! It looks like something Sakura from Cardcaptors would wear. o_o I emailed her back and asked her why it was yellow and not blue like in the pictures I sent her. She got really mad and said she spent this much time looking at pictures and this much time making the dress. I felt really bad and said I was sorry.

Then I woke up and realize it was a dream! Thank goodness! Haha! I still don't have my dress yet but, I do have everything else done. XD

Rei Ryugazaki - FREE! (club outfit) Progress = 30-40% DONE
Auburn_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #39
Lennester

I've only had one anime north nightmare and it was when i went to my hotel and they said i didnt have my name on registration for my room....SPOOKY!!

NAKAMA HOUSE
Lennester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #40
AJ the Collector
Collector

I just dreamed that I'd arrived at the hotel, everything was going fine, but then I opened up the bag I was keeping my Equius costume in and found my horns had broken. Now I'm scared that it really will happen. :c
DTAC 2014

L {70%} for AN15
Karkat Vantas {70%}
Zidane Tribal {30%}

Unread 04-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #41
Gohan Som

I had my first one of the year the other night. Pretty standard style. I went to the dealers room and they had nothing that I was interested in. The only thing I saw was a Qui Gon Jinn FX lightsaber but it was 200 bucks and violated my dealers room rules. I tried to go back later but dumbledore said it was too dangerious (not entirely sure where that came from I haven't watched a harry potter movie in months). Overall not the worst thing that could happen because I go to cons for the con not shopping still weird though.
Gohan Som is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #42
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

More like daydreams, but I've had one where I forgot my weekend pass at home.

A very constant worry of mine is if I'll be a pushy control freak during photoshoots.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 12:15 AM   #43
Onasariel
Actual Crazy Cat Lady

I'll have con dreams all year round, however they happen more often closer to a con.
Usually it's either I forget that the con is happening, and I realize at the end of the con that I missed it, and I'm heartbroken.
Or it's only my friends and I there. No vendors, no people, no anything, except like, a food place. Usually it's a "Oh you showed up early" type of thing. I don't know why.
There's also the forgetting a cosplay dream.
Unread 04-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #44
xTeapotx

Oh my god. I thought I was the only one that got those! Wow, it's nice to know I'm not crazy.
I think the last one I had was about how I got a ride to the con and left all of my costumes at home, and then the car broke down and I was cosplayless for the whole weekend. D:
xTeapotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 04:01 AM   #45
AJ the Collector
Collector

Oh man, did I have the mother of all the AN nightmares I've ever had. I don't know what I watched, read or ate to have this dream, but yeah.

So on the way there, I fall asleep in the car. When I wake up, we're at the con, but the surroundings are like absolutely nothing on Dixon Road, looking more like a tripped-out version of downtown Toronto crossed with Luca from Final Fantasy 10. Also, I'm suddenly naked. And all the con attendees are pointing and laughing, talking in languages that don't even sound human.

I manage to get dressed in the car, then we go into the Doubletree, which is the one hotel in the whole con area and is run by these three Japanese men in business suits who are smiling these really unnerving smiles and laughing after every sentence they say like they've just said something hilarious. They inform us that we never made any reservations {which is true IRL, we'll be staying at the Holiday Inn at 600 Dixon}, so we'll have to share a room with someone else.

We're placed in a dark room on the upper floors, where we begin to hear strange noises. We abandon our belongings, leave the room and make a run for it as all the lights in the building start dimming, and some shadowy creatures are pursuing us, getting closer by the minute.

We arrive in the lobby only to find a raging inferno, at which point the creatures catch up with us, I hear the Japanese men laughing hysterically, and I wake up in a cold sweat.

Brain, please let me just have dreams of missing and broken costume pieces or disappointing schedule news again...
DTAC 2014

L {70%} for AN15
Karkat Vantas {70%}
Zidane Tribal {30%}

Last edited by AJ the Collector : 04-17-2012 at 04:12 AM.