Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 04-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #76
KitsuneCutie199

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzuki54 View Post
@KitsuneCutie199 I'm pretty sure DoubleTree does prevent any non-room key holders from using the elevators - not sure about stairways - maybe someone else can shed some light on that?
When I get a chance, I'm going to call the hotel to ask. I don't understand why it would be against the rules completely, this is a social event after all.

Maybe we will just have to make deals with the guards >.>
KitsuneCutie199 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #77
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

In my dream last night, AN was partly underwater. ....yeah.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #78
shinigami714
Illustrator

Officially had my second nightmare of the season last night. I didn't finish either of my cosplays on time! Gah!
shinigami714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #79
uzuki54

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneCutie199 View Post
When I get a chance, I'm going to call the hotel to ask. I don't understand why it would be against the rules completely, this is a social event after all.

Too many problems with people letting more friends stay in their rooms then accounted for. It's a safety and legal issue as much as anything. People offsetting the cost of the hotel by piling themselves into one room meant for max four people (as an example). If something happens, and those people get hurt or killed, it will likely fall on the hotel's shoulders as to why more people than the room's maximum were staying there.

Yes, this is a social event - but rules should still be followed. Remember, the hotel doesn't have to rent out space to Anime North.

Personally, I would advise against trying to bribe the guards. I know I can't tell you what to do, but think twice about it if you're actually serious.

Ai-Kon

Cosplays in progress

Female Red Mage (FF1)

Team Rocket Grunt
uzuki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 04:12 AM   #80
AJ the Collector
Collector

I had the same dream as the last one, the one with the mysterious murders and everyone turning on each other, and it got even worse cause J. Michael Tatum was one of the victims. :c

I know it would never happen, but jeez, my mind goes to strange places when I get worried about how AN will turn out...
FanFare Geek Fest 2
FrostCon 2015

Cosplay Projects for 2014/2015:
Equius Zahhak - Standard {98%} for Homestuck Halloween Picnic and FanFare Geek Fest 2
Totakeke {90%} for AN15
L {75%} for AN15
The Signless {50%} for FrostCon 2015
Sable Able {50%} for CB15
Penelope Mouse - Sly 3 design {25%}

Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #81
darth_horo
This is my scary face

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneCutie199 View Post
I lol'd. That won't work, I'm sure

But if you find out with the key holder thing, that'd be great to know and share. I've two friends who are bringing their girlfriends along and they will be 4 to one room so the heads up would be good to have.

Fan Expo 2013:
First Costume: Commissar Lord - Warhammer 40k: Completed/Touch Up

Anime North Cosplay 2014:
First Costume: Dark Angel's Space Marine - Warhammer 40k: 0%
Second Costume: Commissar Lord - Warhammer 40k: Completed/Touch Up

Quote:
"To me guardsmen, to me! This is your last stand! No doubts, NO FEAR." - Commissar Lord Bernn
darth_horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #82
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Knock on wood, not yet be probably because I've got most of one costume done so fair.

and yes the DoubleTree a have guard at the elevators to check if you have a room card to pass/get on and the stair are locked.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #83
DreamKitty
Living the Dream.

I had one the other night! My first AN nightmare!

I was wearing my Princess Celestia cosplay and someone stepped on my train and ripped the pink sheer off of it. They then laughed at me and stepped on my train ripping the whole piece off of my dress. I was shattered and ran back to my hotel room crying and proceeded to put on another cosplay that I'm working on, Yuna's wedding dress. After putting it on however, I noticed that the feathers were all falling off and the dress was ill fitted.

That sure lit a fire under my bum to finish my stuff, let me tell ya!

Come visit my cosplay page~ DreamKitty Cosplay
DreamKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #84
N_H_Sakura5
DigiDestined

The only Dreams I've had so far are of me Forgetting to Bring Stuff with Me.
I've had the Same Dream Twice.

So I Made a To- Do List, and a List of Things to Pack >_>
Unread 05-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #85
AJ the Collector
Collector

I just had a kinda strange one. I was at a midnight movie screening and the movie was Final Fantasy 13, starring Kristen Stewart as Lightning and Eddie Murphy as Sazh. But it was just as tedious and bad as the game, so I walked out early. When I left the viewing room, I wasn't in the Doubletree anymore, I was in the Hotel Indigo, where I'll be staying. I turned around to go back in the viewing room but only found an empty luggage checking room. So I went up to my room, only to find a surprise party celebrating my 6th trip to AN and all my friends were there.
FanFare Geek Fest 2
FrostCon 2015

Cosplay Projects for 2014/2015:
Equius Zahhak - Standard {98%} for Homestuck Halloween Picnic and FanFare Geek Fest 2
Totakeke {90%} for AN15
L {75%} for AN15
The Signless {50%} for FrostCon 2015
Sable Able {50%} for CB15
Penelope Mouse - Sly 3 design {25%}

Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #86
Sallymae

My nightmares are always that my wigs never come in on time...that and forgetting all my costumes at home! I am usually a mess three weeks before :P
Sallymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #87
Gohan Som

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ the Collector View Post
I just had a kinda strange one. I was at a midnight movie screening and the movie was Final Fantasy 13, starring Kristen Stewart as Lightning and Eddie Murphy as Sazh. But it was just as tedious and bad as the game, so I walked out early. When I left the viewing room, I wasn't in the Doubletree anymore, I was in the Hotel Indigo, where I'll be staying. I turned around to go back in the viewing room but only found an empty luggage checking room. So I went up to my room, only to find a surprise party celebrating my 6th trip to AN and all my friends were there.
Well that's just terrifying.

Had one last night where I seemed to be the only one into the convention and everyone else attending thought it was dumb.
Gohan Som is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #88
may55
Just another penguin

My dreams started in January actually. I was unable to finish my costume, so I tried to rush it and everyone kept saying bad things about it because it was done so bad. Also (since I'm doing a high ponytail) my hair fell off the ponytail. It was horrible.

I go to university in a different city and I only have one non-portable sewing machine from the 1960s (in excellent condition), so I only have from the last week of April until the con to do my costume.

Currently I have only the patterns and material done (sewing starts monday) and the nightmares just kinda aren't ending And it's the first time I will be styling a wig X(. I'll definately finish in time, but it still gives me tons of stress.

Cosplays for the Year:
(Fallout 3) Vault Dwellers (Regular and Pin up edition) (20%)
Masquerade Ballgown (60%)

PENGUINS! Enough said.
may55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #89
redstars
queen of dolls

Finally had the "forgot all my costumes" dream this year, I only had bits and pieces of each and it was horrifying haha. I'm packing 90% of my stuff today to make sure that doesn't happen.
redstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #90
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I had a really, REALLY weird one.
I was at AN, but instead of any of my actual costumes I was in this big fancy dress of sorts that, unlike everything else, I HADN'T made myself. I'm talking to some other congoers and when they ask me questions about making it and I said I didn't, I got practically ganged up on and shoved out of the con despite me saying "Hey, I made everything ELSE you've seen me in!" and felt god-awful.
....and this dream coming from a cosplayer who has only ever bought one item of her costumes in her entire life and relishes a challenging build. @_@
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote