Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 11-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #91
Gohan Som

Over 6 months till the con and I have my first dream. I dreamt last night that I was at the chess game but completly forgot to do a cosplay so I was struggling on how to pull off a character well wearing jeans and a black sweater.
Gohan Som is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-16-2014, 06:11 AM   #92
AJ the Collector
Collector

Welp, about an hour ago, I woke up from my first AN nightmare of the year, and it was a lengthy one.

For some reason, I was with my parents, sister and mother's boyfriend in some seedy-looking motel far from the con, and we found out there was no shuttle service. I'd also forgotten a lot of my costume stuff, having about half of my Gamzee costume and a set for a costume of Aeris from VG Cats that was also missing a few pieces. Friday was spent wandering uncostumed on my own through what was clearly downtown Toronto as I searched for the con and ultimately barely getting any time in to do anything before being picked up by my dad in the Crown Vic he had when I was 8.

Saturday was an utter disaster as I slept in til 6pm, threw on the Aeris costume in a panic while being yelled at by my mom that it's all my own fault, forgot to shave or put on any makeup, and ran out without shoes or any of my stuff besides my wallet. I realized I was barefoot after five minutes of desperate running and stopped by a convenience store full of really creepy, sleazy anime merchandise, where I bought sandals that cost me $25, all because I know from experience that the con staff wouldn't let me in without footwear. Then I saw a bunch of excited con-goers pile onto some kind of transportation thing that looked more like some kind of roller coaster, and I assumed that they were going to the con, so I hopped on. Next thing I know, it's taking us even farther away from the con area. No one has any explanation for what's going on, and soon it drops me off right back at the motel, where I run in and ask my dad to drive me there, which he says he can't do for some reason, so my mom's boyfriend pulls me aside and encourages me to just drive myself there even though I don't have a license, reasoning that I can't keep expecting everyone to do things for me. I decide to do as he suggested, climbing into the car, which is now my grandmother's current car, and driving off. It's getting dark already for some reason, and I end up almost mowing down a big line of kids crossing the road. I swerve away and slowly pull into some parking lot, where a guy who looks like Danny DeVito comes up to the window and starts yelling at me, asking "Is this your car?! I said is this your car?!" Then the cops start approaching.

As I stumble around in tears for an answer that won't get me arrested either way, I mercifully wake up.
FrostCon 2015

Cosplay Projects for 2014/2015:
Equius Zahhak {99%} for Murder Mysterystuck {default}, FC15 {humanized} and AN15 {default}
Totakeke {90%} for AN15 and CB15
L {75%} for AN15
The Signless {50%} for FX15
Sable Able {50%} for DTAC15

Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.

Last edited by AJ the Collector : 04-16-2014 at 06:24 AM.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2014, 09:24 AM   #93
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

I'm have Arda wigs contest nightmares and some Costume-Con ones but Nothing for AN yet. lol

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #94
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Had am awful Costume-Con one, but no AN so far. CostumeCon is the real stress here, I'll have already made almost everything then that I'm wearing to AN.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2014, 01:50 PM   #95
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

That I forgot to go to AN.

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #96
Lost7Soul
Chocolate milk addict

Forgetting to bring an important part of my cosplay @-@
Tira - Soul Calibur 3
Noire - Hyperdimension Neptunia
Beauty and the Beast
Wedding Ashe and Rasler - FFXII
Lost7Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #97
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

The only nightmare I have is that yet another terrible event will happen to me at AN this year. Terrible events happened to me the last two years, which were also my first two years at AN.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 10:56 PM   #98
InsanityDragon
Sanity? What is that?

Definitely forgetting cosplay pieces or an entire cosplay itself! Or missing the convention and panicking in your dream before shakily waking up in a cold sweat.
I also had a dream my sewing machine exploded on me which was a nightmare in itself- I honestly woke up crying which was a horrible thing to experience xD
EMC

Cosplays:
Black Rock Shooter
Grell Sutcliff
Maid!Grell Sutcliff
Jack Frost
Pirate!France
Fem!Sherlock
Junko Enoshima

In-Progress:
Harley Quinn (regular and steampunk)
Paige/Human!Notebook
Lady Sutcliff/Robin!Grell
Maid!Levi Ackerman
InsanityDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2014, 12:03 AM   #99
Nagii
Number Eleven

I have the same fear every year until I check in. Coming to the hotel to check in and finding out my booking had been cancelled without my knowledge

Friday: Chromia
Saturday: Lizzie Hearts (Ever After High)
Sunday:

Transformers Con 2015 - IDW Chromia
Fan Expo - Duchess Swan
Nagii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #100
AJ the Collector
Collector

Had a weird one last night. My aunt and uncle-by-marriage, Rob, drove me to the con, but the con area looked much more like the local surroundings down here in St. Catharines. We went looking around for the hotel my room was booked at and couldn't find it--for some reason, I was booked at some nonexistant resort with a Mexican-sounding name. We went into a nearby hotel and asked for directions and they straight-up said no such place existed. I turn around to ask my aunt what to do now and she and Rob had disappeared without any indication they'd ever been there. And I was now in my underwear. And the hotel was deserted.

I ran around trying to find them, or anyone, but there was no sign of human life anywhere. It had become a ghost town and everything was cloudy, dimly-lit and cold. Soon I found a grocery store in disrepair that looked like the one next door to my house and encountered a dirty, gruff-looking construction worker having a smoke who spoke in a typical tough guy tone. "Hey. You here for Anime North?" I said yes and he simply pointed me towards a still-working refrigeration unit and said "Look in there, buddy." I did, and along with food, I found my Gamzee costume and put it on. I grabbed some of the food too, then I walked out and found myself on Dixon Road, the whole area populated by con attendees, and the sun had come back out and warmed everything up while the wind became just a perfect cool breeze. I ran off to have myself some fun and then woke up.

So... Overall, weird. Strange and confusing start, got scary, ended happy.
FrostCon 2015

Equius Zahhak {99%} for Murder Mysterystuck {default}, FC15 {humanized} and AN15 {default}
L {75%} for AN15

Last edited by AJ the Collector : 04-21-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Unread 04-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #101
AlphabetSoup

I just had a stupid dream that I was at anime north but I had so much stuff to do with for some reason that I ended up not even entering the convention areas. TT_TT Life stress, go away!
AlphabetSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2014, 02:46 AM   #102
AJ the Collector
Collector

I dreamt just recently that I was at the con, and everything was normal... Except the disembodied voice of Morgan Freeman could be heard everywhere I went, narrating everything that was happening like some kind of nature documentary.
FrostCon 2015

L {75%} for AN15

Unread 05-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #103
Lennester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagii View Post
I have the same fear every year until I check in. Coming to the hotel to check in and finding out my booking had been cancelled without my knowledge
That's my fear also that I lost my money the day of/before the convention

NAKAMA HOUSE
Lennester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2014, 05:08 PM   #104
Krel

I always get nightmares about not finishing my costume on time, getting separated from my group and unable to contact them, as well as getting my outfit destroyed somehow pff

In Progress:
Chiaki Nanami- SDR2 (90%)
Marco Bodt - SNK (University au) (40%)
Fem!Sniper- TF2 (1%)
Krel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2014, 11:35 PM   #105
th3ch0s3n0n3

I had a living nightmare last year... I forgot parts of every costume I planned on wearing.

I had a costume for each of the convention days. I show up tot eh hotel on Thursday night to find I'm missing parts for literally each of my costumes. Thankfully I don't live a dreadful distance away, but it was still a living nightmare for me.
th3ch0s3n0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote