Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 01-07-2004, 05:15 AM   #1
SARtheMastr

FFXII Ashe

Anyone know a place that could make an Ashe costume by May, sudo-cheap and for a guy (i.e. tad bit longer skirt)??? I really wanna do her costume, I think it looks cool, but I suck at sewing, so any help is appreciated...

FYI this is Ashe... http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/fina...ns.html?page=9

Fred is a terrible name for a hospital.

Shut up with your "logic" and your "making sense." You stupid make-senser. This is a religious discussion, we don't like your kind round here.
SARtheMastr is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2004, 07:40 AM   #2
dani
Boots were made 4 walking

It doesnt look like a costume you can do on the cheap if you want any resemblance to the drawing.

Plus it has a lot of small parts and lots of skin showing. This means each piece needs to be custom tried and fitted individually on the body. One option would be to make a skintone lycra bodysuit, make all pieces of stretchy material and attach them to the suit. That way the whole costume will take the shape of whoever is wearing it. (It's up to you then to make your bust/hip/waist copy her proportions)

Good luck....

Dani
dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2004, 07:58 AM   #3
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

Dani, I so want to help you find a character you would crossplay or have interest in. It would be cool to get a photoshoot of you in an amazing costume!

BTW, what do we know about Ashe? I mean, personlaity wise.
yukitoLeonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2004, 08:20 AM   #4
dani
Boots were made 4 walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukitoLeonheart
Dani, I so want to help you find a character you would crossplay or have interest in. It would be cool to get a photoshoot of you in an amazing costume!
Thanks. For the moment I'm working on a Sera Myu Sailor Venus and that's sucking all my time/energy/money. When the time comes to move to another project your input will be appreciated. (and if you want to handle the camera the pics will come up a lot better than my crappy tripod-and-timer trick)

But this thread was supposed to be about SARtheMastr and Ashe...

Dani
dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2004, 01:08 PM   #5
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

Tusche...... I still want to know more about this Ashe and her personality! and Dani, when you are creating it, post some pics of the progress, same with your ASHE SARtheMastr, you will be setting the standard for FFXII cosplayers everywhere!
yukitoLeonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2004, 01:32 PM   #6
Kia
Queen of Tacky Costumes

That costume doesn't look like it would be cheap to make... and I'm not sure if there are any other reference pics of her costume available right now... I don't think a decent comissioner would make costume like that based on one image alone...
I'm honestly not trying to put you down, but I don't think you'll be able to get that costume either very quickly or for very cheap.
Did you have any other costumes in mind?

[Kia's 2012 Convention Season:]
[Con-G - Ad Astra 31 - Anime North - Polaris 26]

[Planned costumes for 2012:]
[NEW: Suki/Lily/Mime]
[TO FINISH: Sakura/Ayumi
]
Kia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2004, 03:09 PM   #7
SARtheMastr

Actually, that's just one photo, there is a site with a whole bunch of 'em...gotta look that up later. I didn't mean like uber cheap, I just meant, like sudo-reasonable for the amount of time available...no word on her personality yet...

Fred is a terrible name for a hospital.

Shut up with your "logic" and your "making sense." You stupid make-senser. This is a religious discussion, we don't like your kind round here.
SARtheMastr is offline   Reply With Quote