Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Closed Thread
Unread 05-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #196
Shabranigdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozakura View Post
name: David
Characters: Narukami Yuu (persona 4 the animation)
Side: order
Position: pawn
Theme Song: Persona 4 game opening

Name: Edward
Character: Ouma Shu (Guilty Crown)
Side:Chaos
Position: Pawn
Theme Song: Guilty Crown opening - my dearest

Name: Shakya
Character: okabe rintarou (Steins;Gate)
Side: Chaos
Position: Pawn
Theme Song name: Steins;Gate - Hacking to the Gate
I was only able to put in the character of Yu Narukami because the 2 Chaos sides already got taken. Sorry about that.

List has been updated!

Unread 05-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #197
Clover-chan
a.k.a Em-Doll

Quote:
Nope that's fine. I'll make the adjustments accordingly as long as you tell me on time. Just make a new post on here instead of editing an old one. Thanks
Thanks so much Shabranigdo! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you, what with cosplay crunch time and the site's new adjustments and it's resulting downtime >n<

Anyways, if you could change the theme for my character, Barnaby Brooks Jr./Order pawn to the first 10 seconds of the chorus of Maroon 5's "Moves Like Jagger."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suRsx...KSmFv4iNE0_DoQ

And my partner, SirAuronPD as Kotetsu T. Kaburagi/Order pawn's theme to the first 10 seconds of the chorus of Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4&ob=av3e

I'd really appreciate it, sorry again for such short notice. Thank you!
Unread 05-16-2012, 06:41 AM   #198
Pasiphilo
Life Imitating Art

I'll be cosplaying Tsubaki (Bleach) and would love to try battlechess. The other battlechess is now filled but I see that you have some space for non-Sailor Moon characters in yours. I've never done it before, but I'm game to try.

Tsubaki is "good guy," but it doesn't matter to me which side I play for.

Last edited by Pasiphilo : 05-16-2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Adding more info.
Unread 05-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #199
Hsien-Ko
Fun Sized

I'll ask my boyfriend just to be sure he's ok with it ^_^ Then I'll tel you if it's 100% sure that we are participating or not.

How does it work though, do we meet-up somewhere prior to the chess game? Will I have time to participate and go to the Sailor Moon photoshoot?
Unread 05-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #200
Shabranigdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover-chan View Post
Thanks so much Shabranigdo! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you, what with cosplay crunch time and the site's new adjustments and it's resulting downtime >n<

Anyways, if you could change the theme for my character, Barnaby Brooks Jr./Order pawn to the first 10 seconds of the chorus of Maroon 5's "Moves Like Jagger."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suRsx...KSmFv4iNE0_DoQ

And my partner, SirAuronPD as Kotetsu T. Kaburagi/Order pawn's theme to the first 10 seconds of the chorus of Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4&ob=av3e

I'd really appreciate it, sorry again for such short notice. Thank you!
No problem

P.S. Nice Asch avatar. Makes me want to pull out my old Van cosplay again.
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #201
Chibi Lenne
Ghoulia

I'll poke Vessa later to get her in here to update the list. I do believe as of now we're accepting several non-SM cosplayers, (especially for dark kingdom because *snif* no one loves Beryl-sama!! T_T) so I think you guys are good The reason we have two games this year is because it seems to get so popular and we want as many people to have a chance to try playing it as possible!

That being said, I do believe that there is going to be enough time for people to make it to this and the SM photoshoot.

2015 Cosplay Plans
Queen Odette / surprise?? / Madam Vastra
Follow me on Facebook for more updates
Costume Con 35 Will be RETURNING to Toronto 2017!!
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #202
Vessa-Sushi
The Best kind of Sushi.

I will update the list later on tonight with those who have posted since my last update (which was yesterday). Non Sailor Moon cosplays are welcome! Just mention which side they would be best suited on. And, if the goodie two-shoes side fills up, we can just say you've been brainwashed and now work for the NEgaverse.....of course, you always have that option anyways if you want to be on the badguys team and you are cosplaying a 'good guy'. Hint Hint :P

~Vessa
poo flinger! FLING!
Unread 05-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #203
Maxykun
Best Pawn Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Lenne View Post
The reason we have two games this year is because it seems to get so popular and we want as many people to have a chance to try playing it as possible!
This may sound a bit biased since I hasn't missed a year of it but the cosplay chess is a ton of fun and you do it once you'll want to come back for more, more I say, MOAR.......I mean it's a great event to be part of and anyone who hasn't tried it and has at the very least mildly thought about trying it out I say go for it, what do you got to lose?
Unread 05-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #204
222Coin222

Um...I have a Rebecca Chambers cosplayer who'll be spectating the match but I just had a small question/request. If at any point my character is "taken out" would it be o.k. if she ran over and tried to save me before I die, like in RE5 The Mercenaries? Thought it would be a comical idea for the audience.
Unread 05-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #205
Shabranigdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Coin222 View Post
Um...I have a Rebecca Chambers cosplayer who'll be spectating the match but I just had a small question/request. If at any point my character is "taken out" would it be o.k. if she ran over and tried to save me before I die, like in RE5 The Mercenaries? Thought it would be a comical idea for the audience.
Hmm. That's something I gotta take up with the others. Just to make sure, if she's coming to save you before you die, it doesn't mean that your piece is revived or anything right? Like once you're taken out, she'll pretend to save you and then both of you walk off the board?
Unread 05-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #206
222Coin222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabranigdo View Post
Hmm. That's something I gotta take up with the others. Just to make sure, if she's coming to save you before you die, it doesn't mean that your piece is revived or anything right? Like once you're taken out, she'll pretend to save you and then both of you walk off the board?
Yeah 'cause she's a medic. But I'll drop dead JUST as she makes it. She'll scream, "WESKEERRR!" And then I'll just get up and we'll get off the board. But that's IF I die =P
Unread 05-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #207
swiftshadow666

Rather than just die, I think she should come over, check you out and say Your to injured to fight anymore. We need to get you to safety and then she helps you up and you throw your arm around her shoulders and hers around your back like she is helping keep you up and then you limp off the board with her help. It looks more realistic than the dead getting up and walking away..... Though being resident evil that isn't to unrealistic.

Alternately after she screams wesker you could jump up and try attacking her and she dodges back then you get up and zombie walk after her while she runs away like your trying to eat her. I think either of those would add entertainment value to the match.

In the anime chess I was in last year at anime next a few people were allowed to summon in another person to help them fight. It didn't change the outcome, if they were the piece being taken then they both went down, It just added performance value. I thought it looked cool.
Unread 05-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #208
Roxas-13
Have you seen this otaku?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftshadow666 View Post
Rather than just die, I think she should come over, check you out and say Your to injured to fight anymore. We need to get you to safety and then she helps you up and you throw your arm around her shoulders and hers around your back like she is helping keep you up and then you limp off the board with her help. It looks more realistic than the dead getting up and walking away..... Though being resident evil that isn't to unrealistic.

Alternately after she screams wesker you could jump up and try attacking her and she dodges back then you get up and zombie walk after her while she runs away like your trying to eat her. I think either of those would add entertainment value to the match.

In the anime chess I was in last year at anime next a few people were allowed to summon in another person to help them fight. It didn't change the outcome, if they were the piece being taken then they both went down, It just added performance value. I thought it looked cool.
Yeah, we do that too, sometimes. My second year at AN, and my second year in the game, I was Sokka (from Avatar:The Last Airbender), and for my one and olny fight, I had two people help: my girlfriend, who was cosplay Katara, and our queen, Blair from Soul Eater (I was a pawn who made it across the board, so I became a queen, ans since she was already out of the game, she just joined me.) It adds tons of fun to the match! ^^
Luke Skywalker - Star Wars
Unread 05-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #209
Summyr
Faceache

I agree with swiftshadow666. Its little performance gems like this that really get the audience involved and engaged, and make cosplay chess exciting!! More players should be putting forward ideas like this one in order to make the game more fun for those attending and those playing. Even if its something you were planning on doing anyway, its good to share these ideas with those running it so that they can anticipate what you will be doing - at least in my opinion, I'm not sure what the team thinks on the subject.

Last year, I remember there was a lot of confusion during the second game because of all the experimental rules added. These new rules made the game way more exciting at the game table (I was seated near-by, originally meant to be score-keeper but playing a reduced role as an on-call place holder), but hard to follow and uninteresting for those watching it. I think that all cosplay chess really needs is more performance, more character interaction, and unfortunately an inability to trust players with the microphone limits players to "silent film"-esque antics. But this is a lot more than many players seem to think! You can do a lot just by gesturing in ways that are in character (within reason - nothing vulgar or inappropriate for young ones attending the event) or engaging other characters on the board. Even just bouncing in place as most video game characters do can really help keep the audience more interested, and while I think announcers should engage the characters as well, players should make an effort to engage themselves in the game outside of battles, too.

That's my two cents, anyways! >v<;;;
Unread 05-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #210
Shabranigdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Coin222 View Post
Yeah 'cause she's a medic. But I'll drop dead JUST as she makes it. She'll scream, "WESKEERRR!" And then I'll just get up and we'll get off the board. But that's IF I die =P
I don't see a problem with that but again just to be on the safe side, I'll give you a solid answer on like Monday or something cuz that's when I'm meeting with the heads. And besides, I always like it when players take that extra mile to get into their characters and entertain the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summyr View Post
I agree with swiftshadow666. Its little performance gems like this that really get the audience involved and engaged, and make cosplay chess exciting!! More players should be putting forward ideas like this one in order to make the game more fun for those attending and those playing. Even if its something you were planning on doing anyway, its good to share these ideas with those running it so that they can anticipate what you will be doing - at least in my opinion, I'm not sure what the team thinks on the subject.

Last year, I remember there was a lot of confusion during the second game because of all the experimental rules added. These new rules made the game way more exciting at the game table (I was seated near-by, originally meant to be score-keeper but playing a reduced role as an on-call place holder), but hard to follow and uninteresting for those watching it. I think that all cosplay chess really needs is more performance, more character interaction, and unfortunately an inability to trust players with the microphone limits players to "silent film"-esque antics. But this is a lot more than many players seem to think! You can do a lot just by gesturing in ways that are in character (within reason - nothing vulgar or inappropriate for young ones attending the event) or engaging other characters on the board. Even just bouncing in place as most video game characters do can really help keep the audience more interested, and while I think announcers should engage the characters as well, players should make an effort to engage themselves in the game outside of battles, too.

That's my two cents, anyways! >v<;;;
Great input! I remember last year with those experimental rules during the second game. It seemed to be added in last minute without a group consensus so I was kinda confused at some stuff. Character interaction is definitely important as the audience also feeds off of that and in turn, makes the game more exciting.

One more week to go everyone! Btw, how's everybody's costumes coming along?