Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Marvel Universe

Unread 02-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Feralig8r

Question Lady Deadpool help, please?

I would like to put together a Lady Deadpool cosplay, but I want it to be as detailed as possible. I'd rather not just go buy a zentai suit and slap on some black... I REALLY want this to look good. Since my only concern is the suit, here's what I need.

1) I want my chest and muscles to be up to par with Lady Deadpool's, and I'm.. Lacking, to say the least. How can I get everything to look bigger without showing ugly seams and bra straps in the back of the suit, or making her look TOO muscular?
2) What materials would work best for this suit? I'm not exactly sure spandex would cut it for me.
3) How can I get the costume to kind of.. "stick" to my contours? Instead of my big fake Lady Deadpool chest pitching a huge tent on my torso, what can I do about getting it to stay in place? (Note that in the ref pictures, instead of the suit riding over her muscle creases, they dip in. This also applies to her forehead/the middle of her eyes.)

Here are some of the references I've been using:
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Any help on this would be HUGELY appreciated. I'm only really experienced with making slightly smaller pieces, and I'm looking to challenge myself a bit.
Feralig8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
FeyMeggan

I can't help on much of this, but I can give some advice on the fitting part.
To keep it from just generally tenting around the chest area you're going to need to place darts above and below the bust, this will help keep the fabric a bit closer to the contour of your body. As to 'sticking' to all your muscles and forehead...that probably is not going to happen(some things just can't be reproduced sadly). However, you can create the definition in the suit itself by adding padding, darts, seams and discreet use of airbrushing.

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Gee2

Definitely what FM said, and also a couple options you may consider to get the right "look" when it comes to the muscle shading and definition. There are a few costuming artists out there that specialize in muscle shaded lycra, one in paticular that does some fantastic work is http://frontiercostuming.com/index.html, but with everything custom there's some pretty significant cost involved. So you may consider doing it yourself and getting adept at airbrush use, which will lower the cost a lot.
In my experience lycra seems to countour a little better than just straight spandex, not sure why but it does (of course this could also be my lack of sewing knowledge...). Every suit I've used sub-dyed lycra and the results are awesome

MKnight

This was done by the artist from the Frontier costume for me last year.
Gee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
Feralig8r

Awesome, thank you both very much. The airbrushing looks fantastic, too, so I'll definitely look into that.
Feralig8r is offline   Reply With Quote