Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
Mozaic

How to Get Fit for Nightwing???

So, I am attending the New York Comic Con this year, and this will be my first year cosplaying. I'm going to create a nice, badass Nightwing costume, but I want to get fit. I want to be healthier, and gain more muscle in time for the show. I'm fourteen years old, 5'8", and around 120-125ish pounds. I want to become somewhat cut and muscular by NYCC (October 10th-13th) like this guy. I want an exercise routine that won't require more than 7" by 8" of space, (outdoor exercises are welcome, by the way). Please me say buh-bye to my jiggles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mozaic is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
wababex

5'8" and only 125 lbs???
It sounds like you are underweight!
please don't try to loose weight unless the above has been a mistake. That could be dangerous.
Perhaps you just need to tone up and add muscle. If you want to add muscle, eat a SHITTON of protein (you should look this up for a specific, really) and exercise. You'll eat MORE calories and gain weight instead of losing it but look great
wababex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
KchanIwai

Increase your protein intake and skip the cardio. Focus on weight training 3-4 times a week for gaining, with your training sets at about 2-3 with 10-15 reps.
KchanIwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
Hwari

From now until Comic Con is about... 2 months I believe. I wouldn't say it's impossible to achieve the results you're looking for, but you'd definitely have to start now and adhere religiously to a pretty demanding routine and diet.

There are many different routines you can try online that will have varying effects for many people, so I would recommend finding something you *enjoy* the most (it takes much less willpower to stay true to a routine you enjoy vs. one you find very boring or tedious).

As wababex mentioned, you would definitely want to take in lots of protein, and you'll be looking for some high-weight low-rep exercises (though exactly how much differs per person and circumstance, so be sure to investigate!). It might not be a bad idea to find a gym close to you and get a trainer for a few days so you can learn what type of routine would best fit you.
NYCC2012
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney 5)
AB2013
NYCC2013
Black Egret (Skullgirls) *planned*
Hwari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
Mozaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wababex View Post
5'8" and only 125 lbs???
It sounds like you are underweight!
please don't try to loose weight unless the above has been a mistake. That could be dangerous.
Perhaps you just need to tone up and add muscle. If you want to add muscle, eat a SHITTON of protein (you should look this up for a specific, really) and exercise. You'll eat MORE calories and gain weight instead of losing it but look great
You're right I am underweight, but I have fat, not muscle. I's gots the jiggles... 😖😖😖 so I will do as you said!
Mozaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #6
PsychoShinobi

I'll be honest with you, in 2 months its pretty impossible to get the gains you are looking for. Body transformations for most people take at least 6+ months to a year minimum. Regardless of what you see in magazines, its not possible to pack on 20+ lbs of lean muscle in 2 months, as a newbie to lifting you'll be lucky if you put on 15ish lbs of lean muscle in a year of lifting and eating properly. I'm talking LEAN MUSCLE, not weight.

I suggest that you look up a lifting routine and increase your calorie intake and just lift heavy (BUT SAFELY). Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5 are good beginner routines. Don't listen to people when they tell you to just go on a dirty bulk and eat everything in sight, that's how you gain a lot of fat, find out what your daily caloric intake is and eat 250-300 calories above that, and try eating at least .85-1g of protein per pound of body weight.

some fitness youtubers that give really good advice: Omar Isuf, Matt Ogus and Hanh Champion
PsychoShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote