Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Original Designs

Unread 08-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #16
shinseikakumei
Raine-chan

I'm currently in the process of getting cosplay pieces together for my OC cosplay! I think it's a really neat thing to do to bring your own creation to life.
shinseikakumei is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #17
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I'm contemplating the idea of being one of my OCs, for Halloween. He's Death, so he'd fit right in with the Holiday and It'd give me the opportunity to make another giant top hat. The only problem would be the crap-ton of makeup I'd have to wear DX
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #18
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I think it's great to cosplay OCs. It's nice to create your own design instead of relying on others to make one for you that you need to stick by(usually).

I'm in the process of making 2 OCs of mine. One is way simpler than the other and I'll probably end up getting all of the pieces to cosplay her from my other cosplays(she's a reaper sort of thing) while the other is a more complicated knight-like character that I still need to get a design for since her outfit style changes a lot.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #19
Seismogenic

I love cosplaying OCs. I have a lot of fun coming up with character designs and backstories, and making costumes out of that. It's a way of extending the creative process for that character, I think.

I'm admittedly someone lacking in con experience, but at things like Halloween parties or Bay to Breakers, I've always gotten compliments for coming with an original costume that people may have never seen before.
Seismogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #20
AllyRoyelle

My best friend and I come up with a lot of OCs, and we plan on cosplaying our Teen Titan OCs at some point, once we can get our story started on Fanfiction.
Some people see OC as a made up character, but if you just explain and make the cosplay look good, it really shouldn't matter.
AllyRoyelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #21
Lycoris Ousa
sleepy kitty

I love cosplaying as OC I tend to have a lot since I'm a writer so I have my own story and so on. I try to make each character stand out, I've recently designed a set of 8 different armors and working on getting those made. I tend to get a lot of attention for the designs since people want to know where they're from. Gets attention to my DA page (now that I have one XD)

Even if one of my OC's doesn't get attention (and that happens especially since my story has taken a more modern tone.) it really doesn't matter with because I"m enjoying what I'm wearing and being in character. At least you know you can do that well right? XD

Don't get discouraged from cosplaying an OC it's something fresh and new so you're not always cosplaying the latest thing.

*Con list*
AWA - 2014
Momo Con - 2014
Dragon*Con - 2014
Lycoris Ousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #22
CautiousAmber

Oh wow, I'm totally relieved to hear that people are okay with people cosplaying as OC's.

Along with some usual cosplays, I was wanting to try to cosplay my own character too, but i wasn't sure how people would react or if they would get annoyed. I hate the thought of someone coming up to me and asking me about my cosplay, and then being disappointed to find out that it's not 'from' anything.
- Homestuck: Feferi Peixes

Upcoming Events:
Nebraskon 2014, Katsucon 2015, Nakakon 2015, Colossalcon 2015

TUMBLR / FACEBOOK / COSPIX
CautiousAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #23
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiousAmber View Post
Oh wow, I'm totally relieved to hear that people are okay with people cosplaying as OC's.

Along with some usual cosplays, I was wanting to try to cosplay my own character too, but i wasn't sure how people would react or if they would get annoyed. I hate the thought of someone coming up to me and asking me about my cosplay, and then being disappointed to find out that it's not 'from' anything.
I think most people, me included, get a bit annoyed with "original" cosplay that is nothing more than some cat ears and a tail thrown on or someone wearing a Naruto headband or Akatsuki cloak with their regular clothes and claim to be an OC. If you put some imagination and work into it, original cosplay can be some of the most visually appealing because you aren't restricted to a specific design that people will be judging you as strictly on.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #24
CautiousAmber

Alright, that's really good to know! Thanks!
- Homestuck: Feferi Peixes

Upcoming Events:
Nebraskon 2014, Katsucon 2015, Nakakon 2015, Colossalcon 2015

TUMBLR / FACEBOOK / COSPIX
CautiousAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #25
Animemom89

I cosplayed as my own dc and it turned out good. I had a lot of people call me cute and taking pictures of me.
Animemom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 01:15 AM   #26
Animemom89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animemom89 View Post
I cosplayed as my own oc and it turned out good. I had a lot of people call me cute and taking pictures of me.
Sorry had a little typo there
Animemom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #27
axemnas

As a writer and being a active rper online I've been dying to actually bring my OCs to life. I wasn't really sure about whether it counted in cosplay or not since I'm new to it. Though I'm happy to hear there's a group there that's into it. One of my OCs I'm working on for a renn faire that's coming up is this elven gypsy that was cursed with a monkey's tail by someone he crossed. I'm in the process of making his tail and I'm ordering purple contacts for him. He doesn't officially come from any real universe at the moment though. He was a char I figured out how to stick in most rps based during the medieval times. I'm not really expecting to get many comments on him at the faire or at a con Though maybe at the LARP but, yeah. if i get to go to one but, it'll be fun to be my own char.
Then now that I know that OC's are okay I'm probably going to go to a Harry Potter one and actually do my blind wizard. I was thinking of making Quidditch robes for him if I didn't go with the basics.
One of my OCs. That's kinda Noire I have a feeling if I dress up all forties with his outfit people will think he's from LANoire or some other game of the era. Then if I dress him up in the steampunk western america look I had him in for a rp based on a train during a zombie attack I'd probably be accused of doing RedDead if anything.
It seems like fun to really bring my chars to life though. Hope I'll actually be able to do a con some time.

░████░░████░
░█░░█░░█░░█░ Put This
░████░░████░ On Your Signature
░█░█░░░█░░░░ If You Role-play
░█░░█░░█░░░░
axemnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #28
cosplayqueen

[color="RoyalBlue"]I'm going as an
OC for a con and i make all my ow[n cosplays so/ i dont think its a bad ideal COLOR]

Last edited by cosplayqueen : 12-03-2013 at 04:24 PM. Reason: misspelling
cosplayqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #29
sebastiendog
Indecisive Cosplayer

I'm thinking of cosplaying something similar to this(http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ff-d5d79fc.png) and to be honest I think it's going to be easier to just buy everything from military surplus stores and amazon. Luckily people won't be mistaking me for a regular person because, well, robo-cop.
sebastiendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #30
Carns

I've cosplayed a few of OCs of my favorite Tumblr artist, But not my own. I try to do atleast one OC for every convention.
Carns is offline   Reply With Quote