Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 02-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
AtsukoYui

Exclamation Cosplay Breasts (Mami Tomoe)

Hey, so...um...
I'm going to be cosplaying Tomoe Mami
http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&c...1t:429,r:1,s:0
at AX 2012 and I'm not sure how I'm going to recreate her...chest. Sure I'm a girl, but come on. It's Mami, you know? I don't need anything super realistic, but I like to hug people, and I don't want them to be super stiff. This is awkward. I was thinking that I could fill pantyhose ends with something and tie them off, but I'm not sure what would be best to use. I've heard that birdseed works well, but I'm worried that it would make them...lumpy...
Thanks!
AtsukoYui is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2012, 12:48 AM   #2
AshofRebirth

Well, what size are you now? If you're going with an actual underbust corset just like that, they generally tend to push up your boobs and make them look like that.
The "secret" is to make sure it has that triangle shape in the middle so that they cup the boobs
Examples..
http://www.ladywaisted.com/images/la...n-longline.jpg
http://cdn.glamcheck.com/fashion/fil...ust-corset.jpg

I can't help with knowledge about fake boobage though D:

I support Loose Cannons Props! And you should too!

Last edited by AshofRebirth : 02-28-2012 at 12:51 AM.
AshofRebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
AtsukoYui

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyandjam View Post
Well, what size are you now? If you're going with an actual underbust corset just like that, they generally tend to push up your boobs and make them look like that.
The "secret" is to make sure it has that triangle shape in the middle so that they cup the boobs
Examples..

I'm a B. Hmm... I'm not sure how I could make anything in that shape. I think that I've seen people make them out of silicon caulk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1pj8bXlzaw
Maybe I could find some way to do that, but remove the outer part so that it's only the silicon form.
AtsukoYui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 02:35 AM   #4
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

I've heard pudding can be a good choice to fill a balloon with and use as fakes, as the texture is smooth, but thick and not too liquidy or lumpy. It would be a horrid mess if it tears and leaks though. I have only heard this and not actually tried it though, as I'm a GG and I do not need help in that area, obviously. :P
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
Kanno
Lost In Translation

Easiest is to use existing underwear types. You could splash out on one of those push-up uber-padded bras, the ones that double the size of your boobs because they add a layer of padding as thick as the boob itself 8D

Alternatively, buy several sets of padded bra cup inserts and layer them inside a bra larger than your actual size (both cup size and chest diameter). You should be able to tack them in place with needle and thread.
Kanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
o01101011
Just call me Digit

My favorite fake boobs are Nu-bra. You can get them in different sizes, they look natural even in just the bra-stick-on form, and push up nicely with an underbust.
o01101011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Yes honey that character does not have huge boobs. If you were talking about Rangiku Matsumoto-sized boobs, that's one thing. But that character in the image linked can be done with one's normal flesh or a push-up bra. This is why they make push-up bras. There's no need to fill water balloons with pudding when they have undergarments made for this situation.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #8
TortureBunni
Living in a Dreamworld

Wouldn't a regular padded bra work? They have a few brands now that will add up to two cup-sizes, and they work quite well.

Convention Schedule 2014:
Katsucon
Otakon
TortureBunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #9
Sticks
First Sergeant Melchiott

Thiiiiiiiiiiis is gonna sound extremely wierd...just a heads up.

But a friend of mine made little balloons with uncooked rice in them and padded her bra with them last summer at Metrocon. I mean, she did it and it worked for her cosplay and everything. I just don't know if this idea is for everyone. ^_^;

But you're welcome to give it a shot and see how it goes! ^_^;

"Giving up is what kills people. When you refuse to give up, you transcend your humanity."- Alucard

2014 Conventions:
AnimeBoston (tentative)
Momocon
Dragon*Con
AWA
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #10
Maazka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyandjam View Post
Examples..

I think this is the best way to go, since (based on image u linked) Mami is your chest size. An underbust corset will create the image you want - you will need to have the corset before you make the top so that you can alter the top to create the silhouette lines you want.

I own a corset like Kitty's first link, and it will try to pull the shirt and your breasts exactly like Mami's is. With some creative darting/alterations to the shirt you can camoflague the corset peak in the boob shadow. You can also control how the shirt will pull and be snug to accentuate ur breasts with out having to resort to falses. and alot more comfortable.
Maazka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 02:33 AM   #11
Noose

o_o if nothing here suits your liking, just drop into the crossplay boards. There are a number of talented people who have managed to transform a completely flat chest into a voluptuous bosom.
Noose is offline   Reply With Quote