Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Closed Thread
Unread 03-29-2012, 02:45 AM   #61
Miliyah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
Are you planning a photoshoot?
yeaappps.. planning on moving some overflow dance routines from our showcase outside of the timeslot we've been given by programming. 2 hours indoors just isnt enough xD

Unread 03-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #62
N_H_Sakura5
DigiDestined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki Rios View Post
Alright then. since i find applying for a spot silly and this is the only con i've heard of such a thing happening at, Yugioh will not be applying for a spot and will thus be unofficial/a meetup and just gives me more freedom for shenannigans.

for the record, a simple yes or no answer would have sufficed
It's not a matter of it being silly, even if it may be, it's a matter of respect towards other cosplayers and the shoots they have planned. Yes, perhaps TCC4 could fit more than one shoot, but really I don't know any Cosplay Group that would want another photoshoot right there close by interfering with their own. It's not fair to the groups that took the time to ask for a location before a spot was taken, nor the cosplayers that just want that area to focus on the shoot they're in without another groups interference. The spot and time is meant for the focus to be on the photoshoot listed, and for another Cosplay shoot to come in at the same time and same location is disrespectful in my opinion.

There are many spots in that same general area with times available (TCC6, TCC5, TCC3 and TCC2) where many people will still notice your shoot, and can probably work with the time the YGO Group agreed on. That general strip has many cosplayers everywhere on Saturday. But please, don't be disrespectful and "raid" another shoots time. I know I will not be happy if I find you guys there during the one I have planned.
Unread 03-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #63
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_H_Sakura5 View Post
It's not a matter of it being silly, even if it may be, it's a matter of respect towards other cosplayers and the shoots they have planned. Yes, perhaps TCC4 could fit more than one shoot, but really I don't know any Cosplay Group that would want another photoshoot right there close by interfering with their own. It's not fair to the groups that took the time to ask for a location before a spot was taken, nor the cosplayers that just want that area to focus on the shoot they're in without another groups interference. The spot and time is meant for the focus to be on the photoshoot listed, and for another Cosplay shoot to come in at the same time and same location is disrespectful in my opinion.

There are many spots in that same general area with times available (TCC6, TCC5, TCC3 and TCC2) where many people will still notice your shoot, and can probably work with the time the YGO Group agreed on. That general strip has many cosplayers everywhere on Saturday. But please, don't be disrespectful and "raid" another shoots time. I know I will not be happy if I find you guys there during the one I have planned.
Thank you.

Also, I actually can't take credit for this system, Anime Expo uses a similar one (they actually exert more control over it as well, but i guess that comes with a bigger convention) as well as a few other conventions (with varying set ups). I spent a fair amount of time after AN 2011 going over the varying systems that the larger conventions used to see if anything could be applied to Anime North.

As for anyone raiding a spot, it won't be tolerated. These are officially designated locations. If anyone wants to have their own small photoshoot/meetup that's fine, they can do so elsewhere as long as they are not imposing on any of these locations, or blocking the flow of traffic. I'm sure some people may want a small shoot by the Sheraton where it's quiet and has lots of trees etc. or somewhere else nearby. Some shoots just don't have enough interest to warrant a full on public shoot and that's fine.
The whole reason these limits are in place is so groups can feel comfortable that they have a location secured for their meetup. The locations were chosen to give some breathing room around them as well. We also have to take into account people who are sitting around relaxing, and the flow of traffic. It is also much simpler to restrict one group per spot. It's about respecting space.

This wasn't something I pulled out of my ass, there was a lot of thought put into it, and everything had to be cleared through the higher ups. Every year there will be tweaks, perhaps some location changes etc. I don't foresee an allowance for multiple groups at a location though - too many confounding variables.

Anime North Reddit Community
Unread 03-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #64
Nefer
Silver fox

Hmmm, random question...

I know the spots are reserved for official photoshoots, but can they be used for private photoshoots before 10AM? (Like around 7-8AM or whatnot) Of course no reservation in that case, but it would be nice to know if we can or cannot use them ^^

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail)
Unread 03-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #65
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
Hmmm, random question...

I know the spots are reserved for official photoshoots, but can they be used for private photoshoots before 10AM? (Like around 7-8AM or whatnot) Of course no reservation in that case, but it would be nice to know if we can or cannot use them ^^
Yeah, if someone wants to have a shoot at that ungodly hour they are free too XD

But if you are having a private shoot i'd highly recommend the Sheraton back area, nice glass gazebo type deal, a picnic table and nice trees.

Unread 03-30-2012, 12:42 AM   #66
Suki Rios

alright. I want to make this clear. I dont intend to raid a spot. I dont even want any of the spots marked as long as they are exactly where those dots are. I'm asking for an area for my meetup roughly in the area that is circled on my attatchment. thats where we've been before and thats about where i want to be again. would that be considered raiding tcc4?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AN%20Photoshoot%20Map%20TCC.jpg (188.4 KB, 0 views)
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #67
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
alright. I want to make this clear. I dont intend to raid a spot. I dont even want any of the spots marked as long as they are exactly where those dots are. I'm asking for an area for my meetup roughly in the area that is circled on my attatchment. thats where we've been before and thats about where i want to be again. would that be considered raiding tcc4?
If you wanted to suggest a new spot you should have just said so, that's something I can try and work out with you. I'll have to check over my notes and i'll get back to you here. Some of the old spots were removed because they were just too close to others (the one you point out is close to TCC2 which uses the flag poles etc.) or were nixed for other reasons. Don't have the data on me right now.

That being said, last year Yu-gi-oh! was supposed to be at the flag poles last year which is TCC 2 this year? In 2010 It was at the grassy area in front of the TCC, which is TCC 4 this year.

Unread 03-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #68
7broken7

Quote:
Alright. I'll have to wait and see when exactly the Ask a Nation panel is booked. Then i'll see if any of those spots are open at that time.
Sounds great.~
Unread 03-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #69
Nefer
Silver fox

Quote:
Yeah, if someone wants to have a shoot at that ungodly hour they are free too XD

But if you are having a private shoot i'd highly recommend the Sheraton back area, nice glass gazebo type deal, a picnic table and nice trees.
Lol, thanks for the answer, now I can get back to the cosplayers I'll be photographing about it ^^
As for Sheraton, I'll keep it in mind when 'scouting' the areas the thursday/friday, though considering the cosplay they'll be wearing...I'm not sure they'll want to walk 15 minutes to get there and then back x'D

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail)
Unread 03-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #70
Suki Rios

Quote:
If you wanted to suggest a new spot you should have just said so, that's something I can try and work out with you. I'll have to check over my notes and i'll get back to you here. Some of the old spots were removed because they were just too close to others (the one you point out is close to TCC2 which uses the flag poles etc.) or were nixed for other reasons. Don't have the data on me right now.

That being said, last year Yu-gi-oh! was supposed to be at the flag poles last year which is TCC 2 this year? In 2010 It was at the grassy area in front of the TCC, which is TCC 4 this year.
well that area to the right that i circled was what i originally was asking about. and two years ago the ygo shoot was at the grass/curb directly across from the flagpoles and thats where it had been intended to be again last year but i couldnt go to ensure it was where i had wanted. if you want me to i will move towards the side the icecream trucks are on or the short side near the turn in. I dont have any intention of wanting that lot or the flagpoles that tcc2 covers. i just mention it so people know a rough area where itd be so they know where to go and look from there. if i've learned anything from otakon shoots is to be able to give an original general location/easily spottable landmark so people dont wander around lost.
Unread 03-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #71
rosie44442003
Just call me Rosie

This may seem like a really stupid question ubt bear with me. What exactly does someone have to do to have a phootshoot? I know you have to send an email and whatnot but what do you have to do at the actual phootshoot?
Saturday-Leafa from Sword Art Online
Sunday-More Steampunk
Unread 03-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #72
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
well that area to the right that i circled was what i originally was asking about. and two years ago the ygo shoot was at the grass/curb directly across from the flagpoles and thats where it had been intended to be again last year but i couldnt go to ensure it was where i had wanted. if you want me to i will move towards the side the icecream trucks are on or the short side near the turn in. I dont have any intention of wanting that lot or the flagpoles that tcc2 covers. i just mention it so people know a rough area where itd be so they know where to go and look from there. if i've learned anything from otakon shoots is to be able to give an original general location/easily spottable landmark so people dont wander around lost.
You don't need to go to one side or the other, anywhere on the grassy area is fine. I updated the schedule pdf and map. I have marked the new location as TCC 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie44442003 View Post
This may seem like a really stupid question ubt bear with me. What exactly does someone have to do to have a phootshoot? I know you have to send an email and whatnot but what do you have to do at the actual phootshoot?
Just help come up with shot ideas and the like, pick up stray people wandering around. Photographers usually have ideas as well.

Unread 03-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #73
chrismage
Chrismage

Natsume yuujincho shoot

Hi I am doing a photo shoot for Natsume yuujincho Sunday @ 2.
Check out the thread for photoshoot on the anime north forum for place and contact information.
Unread 03-31-2012, 01:37 AM   #74
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismage View Post
Hi I am doing a photo shoot for Natsume yuujincho Sunday @ 2.
Check out the thread for photoshoot on the anime north forum for place and contact information.
Same photoshoot information can be found here (besides public contact info)

Unread 03-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #75
rosie44442003
Just call me Rosie

Quote:
Just help come up with shot ideas and the like, pick up stray people wandering around. Photographers usually have ideas as well.
Thanks for the info!
Saturday-Leafa from Sword Art Online
Sunday-More Steampunk
Closed Thread