Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
Fayelee_D
Faye lee Darkclaw

Review: Cosplay house

I will never use cosplay house again I ordered a cosplay in dec and its almost march and I STIll havent got it. I emailed them several times and feel as if I was blown off. Now I can understand I ordered it during the China New Year but even so I should have gotten it by now. I'm very dispointed with them.
Fayelee_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
Lerei X

I thought they are reliable since they are pretty famous specially their FB page and limebarb is not reliable as well, seems hard to order commission online these days
Lerei X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
mistypoison

Cosplayhouse is a scam..........all their images are stolen from other sites. The chances of getting your money back are low ><
mistypoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
Gemini25
~Gemini

Are you talking about getting a comission with them? I just ordered my outfit...I really hope it turns out, I've already wasted around $140 in shipping and money I didn't get back on wrong colors etc costumes from Cosplay Magic. People here said they just got outfits from cosplay house and they turned out great.

They are very quick to reply back to me when I have contacted them.
Gemini25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
JasonTerror
Now known as Sailor Jeimi

this site is really hit or miss..from what i gather, the products where they actually have a picture of THE FREAKING PRODUCT >.< and not a picture of the artwork, which is mostly the case, it usually will be that in the mail..i wont buy anything when a site says they make it but only show artwork and no actual product pictures..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
-Stocking Anarchy (Panty & Stocking. Normal Ver.)
-Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #6
Gemini25
~Gemini

yeah that's a no brainer, I won't buy anything with just a piece of artwork. The reason why it is just a piece of artwork? Because it is a commission! Commissions are HUGE hit or misses when it comes to cosplay sites etc, I would find a known cosplayer in your area for things like that. Even on here the recent cosplay house reviews were good( all of pictured items) but the things where I have heard of weapons/costumes etc and custom sizes being commissioned were all pretty iffy. Cosplay House clearly says with comissioned items etc it can take up to 8 weeks and even LONGER when ordered on the chinese new year.
Unread 04-04-2012, 01:37 AM   #7
JasonTerror
Now known as Sailor Jeimi

well i can understand the whole using artwork cuz they do it in a commission rather then mass produce, but if they did the commission, they would be smart to take a pic before sending it to put up on their site, and not advertise the item as a commission until they have actually MADE it and know it can be done by them..thats why i wont bother..they have some, like yazoos velvet nightmare from final fantasy7 advent children, and they have the pictures of the product even though they commission it rather then mass produce it..in fact, im going to buy it when i get the money. but most of their items arent commission, they just dont take pics of thier items which isnt good.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
-Stocking Anarchy (Panty & Stocking. Normal Ver.)
-Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
Gemini25
~Gemini

Of the comission ones you mean right?
Unread 04-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
Moonsong
daughter of evil

This surprises me...I ordered a costume from them in January, and I received it in early March, but that was because I ordered right at the start of the Chinese New Year. However, my costume was a "stock" Bleach shihakusho for Matsumoto. It probably takes longer to make a custom order. Since it's now April, I wonder if the OP ever got their costume..

What I can say is that the costume I received is very well made despite being a mass-produced costume and its very comfortable. The fabric is not thin, either. My only complaint is that the scarf I received is not the same shade of pink on their website, but I can always dye it or make another one.

Anime Expo & Otakon

★Shizuma (Strawberry Panic!) - 50% complete
★Saber (Fate/Zero) - 45% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Last edited by Moonsong : 04-04-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
Gemini25
~Gemini

This gives me hope for my costume! The ones I ordered from Cosplay Magic, while they arrived super quick (week tops and for the 2nd one, came over night) and the communication was good, the quality was nice, the colors were OFFF. I'm not talking a small shade here, I'm talking way off where it didn't even look like the outfit and to dye it etc it would of been more money than it was worth and I would have had to totally remake it (And I can't even sew a button)

I ordered Vampire Princess Miyu and it was pretty good, but what was supposed to be white came BABY BLUE and the obi was too small even though I put my size in right.

I upped the size and changed my outfit to meilin from cardcaptors for the next. It fit, slightly big but nothing a little tailoring wouldn't fix. However, what was supposed to be red (I wouldn't even mind if it was any shade of red really!) but this was PINK, PALE PINK. It didn't even look like it.

so I paid $95 in shipping to send those back and got $77 back from the original $117 I paid for the costume, the package got lost in the mail for the 2nd one they said but I still got the $77 that was agreed upon.

I REALLY hope that this meilin outfit I ordered from Cosplay House which cost me $123 will look good, if it doesn't then I won't be able to go to A-kon because I will be too broke and out of time for another outfit, and also the $74 I just spent on the wig would be a waste. It NEEDS to turn out!!
Unread 04-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
Cosplay4me

From my experience with dealing with Cosplayhouse they usually show the artwork for the commision offers because they don't have a final product of it because when i ordered my Cloud Costume through commisions all i saw were animated pictures or artwork but was told they will post up a real picture of it on the website when it is made. So i waited 6 weeks and they emailed me saying my costume was finished and was being shipped out with the tracking (costumer service here for me was great!) and they also posted the actual picture of it on the website. When i got the costume it was great quality and like Moonsong said it was thick and felt very nice. I also heard from some reviews and friends that the wigs are actually pretty good
Cosplay4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #12
Gemini25
~Gemini

I hope it turns out then!! I really don't want to waste another costume and not be able to go to A-kon after putting in all this money.

They actually told me that they tailor all costumes upon order, meaning I ordered Meilin from Cardcaptors and there is a picture on the site but they don't have multiples. When I ordered it, they start working on it the date the order is placed which is why they say 3-5 weeks for it to get to you, once it's done they send tracking number and it takes just 3-5 days to arrive by priority mail.
Unread 04-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #13
keirabug

I ordered a cosplay from them in early november 2011 and it still hasn't come. I have emailed them maybe 8 times over the past few months asking for an update on the status of my order. They completely ignore my emails. I just emailed them again asking for a refund. They seem to steal people's money and dont care.
keirabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #14
Gemini25
~Gemini

Really? Because they have been in touch with me a lot.
Unread 04-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #15
keirabug

They ignored my multiple emails for 2 months asking for a status update on my order just to see how much longer it would take because they said it would only be another 2 weeks. I figured I ordered it in plenty of time for convention season, but I guess they need more than 6 months. They had good communication for the first few months, and then it stopped until just yesterday.
They did just give me my refund, of course paypal took away $5. Thank you Cosplay House for false advertising and holding my $155 for me for 6 months.

I just wish they would have let me know that 3-5 weeks doesn't actually mean 3-5 weeks. Who knows how long it would actually take? They tell me one month, I wait. Then after 3 months, they say 2 more weeks, I wait. 2 months after that with no communication, I say refund. Cosplay House varies according to their priorities, I suppose? Maybe it's a hit or miss kind of thing.
keirabug is offline   Reply With Quote