Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 11-04-2015, 09:00 PM   #1
ctfreak

AC Unity Commissioner Recommendation

Hi,

I am totally new to cosplay.com and also to cosplay in general.
So as the title suggests, I am looking for an AC Unity Arno Dorian Costume but I have a very specific imagination of it. The aim is to have a costume which nearly replicates the look and feel of the original character design when it comes to materials, quality and details.
That's also the tricky part, as I have found numerous costumes for good prizes on aliexpress and others but I am really not satisfied by the materials they use for it, because they don't resemble at all the Assassin's Creed ancient looks. For example most costumes of it use some normal trench coat material for the blue overcoat but something like this guy on deviantart used looks much better: http://s-seith.deviantart.com/art/No...ning-498858100 (This costume is absolutely stunning)

So I wanted to ask you guys if there is some commissioner you could recommend me for doing this for a reasonable prize that has the experience needed for making such a good costume with better materials like cotton and wool. The leather parts don't have exactly to be real leather. But the coat is very important to be of some good material rather than polyester or something.

I should also mention, that I just need the blue overcoat with hood, the inner brown vest, outer beige vest and the red scarf and belts. The rest of the costume I already have.

If someone could recommend me some good commissioner for this I would be really thankful. The budget should not exceed 300 euros.

Best regards,
ctfreak
ctfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-09-2015, 08:16 AM   #2
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Good reference images if anyone needs them:
Image 1, Image 2.

I can already tell you that your price limit is definitely not going to conform with a price that many commissioners are going to give you for the total cost for this coat.
...I have commissioner recommendations in mind for you but since I have worked with these people before, I can tell you right now that they would not be able/willing to make exactly what you are asking for for such a low price.

I say that based on what you said here alone:
Quote:
The aim is to have a costume which nearly replicates the look and feel of the original character design when it comes to materials, quality and details.
And this:
Quote:
So I wanted to ask you guys if there is some commissioner you could recommend me for doing this for a reasonable prize that has the experience needed for making such a good costume with better materials like cotton and wool.
When asking for screen accuracy or anything near it, that on its own already says that your commission is going be over 300 Euros.
That could easily be a base price for some...especially with what you are wanting to be made.
Arno's costume is very, very detailed and since you are wanting to be specific...you're going to pay a large sum of money for this piece.
If/When you want screen accuracy with any costume being made, you've got to be ready to pay for it because there is no commissioner that is going to work hard to nearly make a replica of something for cheap.

Since you say that you are totally new to cosplaying and everything, you may want to read this Thread that I made called Commissioning 101 because there are a lot of things that people don't consider when they're totally new to this stuff:
This is a direct link to the Thread!

Also, if you mentioned the fact that your price limit was 300 Euros, the first thing that would probably be done is using cheaper materials because that would definitely cut down on the price.
Another thing: unless you are wanting to wear this coat strictly when it is cold, you may want to use other materials anyway because you may get a bit warm...which only leads to being uncomfortable and sweaty in your costume.

-Rococo Princess - Sakizou

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):
-Classic Sailor Moon - Sailor Moon R
-Rainbow Quartz - Steven Universe

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2016:

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:
Animazement - 2016

Last edited by Milky Bubbles : 11-09-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2015, 09:22 AM   #3
ctfreak

Thanks for the answer.
Actually by nearly replicate the look I mean it should look more like the costume from the link of this deviantart user I posted rather than the more Halloween costume like cheap polyester ones which are often being found on aliexpress for example.

As I am not the real cosplayci but rather am in love with assassin's creed costumes especially this one, I try to find a way in the middle, not too expensive but not looking cheap, too.

As for the material, meanwhile I contacted the guy from the pictures and found out it is cotton velvet fabric mix. So I would like to go with this instead of wool anyways.
Also the rest (vests and belts) don't have to be of that kind of quality material like the coat. They just shouldn't be of too cheap polyester fabric.

Also meanwhile I contacted a few commissioners whose former works impressed me and gave me the impression they could make this one quite well. I know this special costume is kind of a tough thing to do and not every commissioner would like / be able to.make it this way.
I also.found some.within my prize range but couldn't find out reviews of them to get more sure, despite first exchanges of information with them and previous work seem to be quite positive.

@Milkybubbles I would be glad to get recommendations of any commissioners you have in mind, anyways, maybe by pm?
ctfreak is offline   Reply With Quote