Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 03-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
t00tsypop

wtf.blackmarket.tk

i had posted an add on cosplay bout needing pants made asap... and wtf.blackmarket.tk had sent me an email saying theyd do it.. blah blah blah. so iv bought'n my pants through them and when i got them they were awesome looking. come around early may 2011.. i ordered two costumes from them. they said theyd be ready before otakon around july 2011. well my costumes never came in. i gave them the benifit of the doubt cause a tropical storm was going over them around the time they shipped it. and i know they wernt pulling my chain cause i looked it up on a weather radar. so gave them time to recover. they had given me a tracking number, but the number was no good cause it didnt have enough numbers.. i kept telling them at in the emails i was sending them but were just ignoring my question bout double checking the tracking numbrt. so anyways i started asking them do you know where my costumes are? the girl had to go to the post office and pick them up. come to find out it had gotten damaged. so she said give us a month to fix them. so i did cause i didnt have a con at the time soon. well the NY con came around.. and i really wanted to have them cause the creater of the anime was going to be there. well they still didnt come in. i was starting to get frustated cause like i have spent $400 some dollars and have yet to see what they even look like. their responce time was starting to suck aswell. i send a message and it take at first 2 weeks for a responce.. but now it was starting to turn into a month ... and now im just not hearing from them at all. they had finally fixed my costumes around dec. and then at jan. 8th they said theyv sent it.. its now march. im rolling up to a year now. they havent given me a tracking number.. im pretty upset. i mean they had finally sent me a pic of them around dec. to make sure that that was them.. but i mean idk what to do. i cant do much on paypal. its been way over 42 days. :/ and like i said i spent $400 some on them so im not given up on them.. but at the same time this has made me start learning costume maken myself.
- friday; totoro
- saturday; magi; kougyoku ren

facebook

Last edited by t00tsypop : 03-04-2012 at 06:35 PM.
t00tsypop is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
t00tsypop

so after i had posted this i had been message by someone by them telling me to take this down.. i told them i wouldnt till i got my costumes. that was march 5. they asked me what my costumes were and that they be sent out the next time i hear from them.. it is now april 25.. and i hardly hear from them. i heard they have another compainy... ounce i find out what its call i will post cause i dont another person to get through this b.s. keep being told ... my costumes are gonna be shipped over and over again and then hear nothing bout it.
- friday; totoro

facebook
Unread 04-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

It's really hard to read that giant wall of text. x_____x
Possible 2015 conventions: Sakura-con, A-Kon
https://www.facebook.com/riceballcosplay
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 03:37 AM   #4
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniigiri_Basket View Post
It's really hard to read that giant wall of text. x_____x
Kind of an odd unnecessary comment...I read it just fine. Might be hard on a phone, but I'm not sure why the comment was made...it doesn't have anything to do with what she's talking about, lol.

Back on topic: I know of at least another person having the same issues. Three people have been consistently promised cosplays and have yet to receive them and it's been well over a year for one. :/

Last edited by angelbabycakes : 04-26-2012 at 03:40 AM.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
mixaka
Granter of wishes

That 3rd person would be me, I assume.

Your story is the same thing that happen with me, though i got a few additional excuses (sick contact person, typhoon, flooding, remake of shoes due to error, customs trouble, damaged in mail, sick relative, dead relative). What I don't understand is that I've seen the costume, and then paid the requested shipping costs, but they never shipped it. I think they destroyed the work somehow and can't afford to re-make it but they refuse to say that is what is happening. I kept getting told that some members were taking commission money and then ran off with it, without doing any work. But I don't see how that applies to my commission as I know it was worked on and got pictures. They don't seem to keep any records either, and the contact person seems to change, so with each new person I have to contact, they have no idea what I have already been told, what has been done with my costume, or what I have paid.

If it helps, the contact I've been told to use is Decy Boom decyboom@hotmail.com. But that person never seems to respond. Also Noel Catilo (Hannya) and/or Hannya Oniwabanshu on FB is one of the artists...but, again, you'd be lucky to get any sort of response. I know they were operating under the name Impworx on FB for a while, but that has been deleted. Who knows what name they are working under now. I'd just avoid any cosplay commissioner operating out of the Philippines as that is where all the members and ex-members with spin off commission groups seem to operate.

Last edited by mixaka : 04-26-2012 at 09:15 AM.
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

You are the fourth now. :/
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:50 AM   #7
t00tsypop

Yea decy is the person who told me take my complaint off cosplay lol so thays who iv been talkn too. Yea iv had the same excuses aswell. And I have two seen pic of my costumes aswell. So I don't understand what's the deal with just shipping them. I'm abit annoyed aswell cause I paid for express shipping aswell.
- friday; totoro

facebook
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:13 AM   #8
mixaka
Granter of wishes

Actually, this is a fairly clever scam and why I will probably never commission again. They seem to accept the commission, finish, or get close to finishing the project, send pics, then ask for the final payment/shipping saying it will ship. But, nothing ships. It's a scam because they get to keep the money you used to pay for shipping, the costume and materials you paid them for, and whatever they charged for their time. All they had to do was put in a little time and effort to actually make the costume. And why not put forth the effort if you are only going to end up keeping the costume for yourself? With this type of scam happening, there is literally no safe way to commission anything unless you require the project be complete before the pp deadline. Makes me sad as I used to love this hobby but it seems everyone is out to one up themselves at the expense of others these days.
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #9
t00tsypop

Well I have order from them before and got my costume. It's just all of a sudden my next order this bull happens. Lol. But yea.. I'm scared to order from a commissioner now. I'm attempting at my first costume for this up Comen con. So lol
- friday; totoro

facebook
Unread 04-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #10
Kagomekai

I think its horrible when people pull this bull, it scares away people from the honnest commisioners. I feel for both of you and everyone else who's been scammed. It's disgusting what these scammers do cuz like I said it causes the honnest people to lose business.
Gajinka Gatomon (humanoid)
Ymir from SNK
Kagomekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #11
mixaka
Granter of wishes

I have recently been contacted by Decy and given additional photos of my items. Who knows if I will ever get them, but they did finally get back to me after several weeks of no contact.
Unread 05-09-2012, 01:51 AM   #12
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Glad to hear this. They seem to be, hopefully, righting the wrongs and sending out products. I hope this is true!
Unread 05-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #13
t00tsypop

i have also been contacted aswell bout them fixing up my one costume cause a few things had broken off. she said their are currently fixing them and should be sent out at the end of the month. so i hope aswell.
- friday; totoro

facebook
Unread 05-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #14
fantasyzheavenz
Sasuke

omg...i am soo scared...i just put the downpayment 250 with the same company. its going to be total 400 at the end...and after hearing this review..i dont know what to do if i should proceed with the rest of the payment..atm..their response time is slow..they said they will give me a pic any time soon...what do you guys suggest.. did this company fix their mistakes yet?
fantasyzheavenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #15
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

As far as I know...no one has gotten products. At this point...I'm shocked they are accepting new orders without finishong the last orders first. :/

Last edited by angelbabycakes : 05-20-2012 at 10:24 PM.