Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 05-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #46
usuyukisou

I have read the Commissioner Review Thread and the Recommendations and Warnings Thread front to back, and it's really terrible how many people wind up with horrible experiences. I've been lucky so far, but...

To be honest, a little while ago, I had actually marked this group as a potential commissioner to use. I had read kiratsukai's review in the review thread (it's marked as a B- under TeL/Blackmarket Studios if you want to read it) wherein she stated that they made A+ level products at good prices but had D level service due to how poor communication was and how late the items were. I had figured since my mother went everywhere for work on a regular basis including the Philippines, and that I had a physical address in the Philippines for them to send stuff to, that I wouldn't run into that kind of trouble.

I'm really glad I never went to them now. I have much more reliable places to get costumes from, and wonderful domestic commissioners if I want props (which were mainly what I had considered commissioning from Blackmarket, and also what I considered a nice plus to costumes as opposed to absolutely necessary, which is probably what saved me here).

Unread 06-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #47
GirlInACage
Queen of Ferelden

I stumbled across this thread while looking for information on the user Impness. I commissioned something from her back in April and have had very poor communication. Last time we spoke she said it was ready to be painted and would be done soon. I just received an email today stating she had been in a "stampede accident" and the person I am now communicating with is her sister. She said she thinks my commission is done and wanted to verify what it looked like, etc.

So, for those of you dealing with Impness, have you had any luck? Did you get this email? And is she actually associated with Blackmarket? Because I commissioned from them awhile ago and had to file for a refund with my credit card due to what happened. (I was talking to Angelbabycakes about them, actually, small world! lol.. Not the best way to always stumble across you though. D: )

This will be my third time being scammed if this falls through. I make my own costumes usually, but I have a hard time with armor which is what I've been trying to get done. :/

Oh, and also, the PayPal used for me wasn't the blackmarket email address. It was linked to her Hello Nessy account.

Last edited by GirlInACage : 06-04-2012 at 05:10 PM.
GirlInACage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #48
t00tsypop

funny cause with the black market it was um what was her name... im to lazy to flip back a page cause someone said her name oohh. tel. thats it.. she had gotten really sick after their tropical storm they had (which wasnt a lie btw cause when i was told that i went onto a radar and looked up the weather and saw they were haven one) but anywho i was talking to her mom for a while and then i started to get no responces from them. but its funny that somewhat of the same problem with going with you .. accident.. talking to sister.. and soon you hear nothing.

what i dont understand is .. when i started this thread ... decy send me a PM telling me to take this down that the company is trying to rebuild and all that.. but yet ... i still dont have my costumes.. that are apperently done. iv seen the pics. i dont get why its that hard to send it to me. this thread will remain up till i get my costumes and everyone who has fallen victumes.
- friday; archer from Dragons crown
- saturday; escha from atelier escha and logy

facebook
t00tsypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #49
fantasyzheavenz
Sasuke

Good Morning Ma'am/Sir,

My name is Ira, I'm Inez's sister, She own Hello Nessy Cosplay Shop. I just wanted to ask what is your costume, name of character, from what show & a brief description how its supposed to look like?
I'm sorry for this late reply and I'm really sorry to inform you that my sister had been in a stampede accident, she just recovered last week and she informed me about costume orders, my aunt who is a seamstress had brought several cosplay costumes in our house and there are also some props like weapons and accessories, if Im not wrong, I believe your costume is one of those.
Also my sister told me for those who've missed their deadlines, kindly inform me with your reply as she wants to give compensation for those by shouldering the shipping fee of the package. For those who she missed deadlines with we want to apologize as what we encountered is unexpected, We're hoping for your kind consideration, If your deadline is not yet missed & will be coming soon, please do let me know as well so I can process shipping as soon as possible. Thank you very much and may God bless you always!

Regards,
Ira Marie Padilla
__________________________________________________ _______________________
yes i received this email too. and all i think was..........BS
fantasyzheavenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #50
fantasyzheavenz
Sasuke

i will respond to this person and see how things will go even though i doubt anything will happen. if anything does happen ill let you ppl know
fantasyzheavenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #51
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Odd...I've e-mailed them every day and received no response.

t00tsypop, did you speak to TeL's mom through FaceBook and through her actual account, or someone claiming to be TeL's mom? To my understanding, the aunt of Inez/Ira is TeL, and TeL's husband is Noel. They are all connected, if in fact they are separate people. Something tells me it's one or two people pretending to be these other people. BlackMarket's e-mail used to be on my PayPal, but not anymore...now it's Inez's info. If I don't get a response soon, I'll start contacting every person on FaceBook that seems to be connected to them...
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #52
t00tsypop

Yea I was talking to her
MOm through Facebook and through email. She told me tel feel vary I'll. And then all of a sudden her fb was gone.

facebook
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #53
usuyukisou

Are you sure it's "gone"? Are you sure it hasn't just blocked you?
Unread 06-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #54
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

If you were talking to her mom through TeL's account, she either blocked everyone or she deleted her account and made a new private one that's unsearchable. If you were speaking to her mom's FB account, she blocked you because I see her mom's account and am tempted to contact her.

I received the same e-mail above when I contacted Inez's e-mail...even though my e-mail said something very different as I've been waiting over a year for my cosplays, I got the same e-mail as everyone else. So she's obviously not reading what we're sending...so I don't know if she even really knows what's going on...if there is an Ira...now she is backtracking and saying my cosplays aren't there and is confused...asking if her sister did something wrong. Of course, I know she will deny association with BlackMarket...yet again, but thanks to fantasyzheavenz, I know this to be a lie.

I used to be able to find Decy Boom and Inez's profiles on FaceBook. They no longer exist.
Unread 06-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #55
t00tsypop

Ugh why is this so frustrating. The annoying part is the fact they keep responding back to us. Given us hope.. And then just letting us Down again. In my resent email I told just send it to me broke or fixed Idc. I'm learning amor myself.

facebook
Unread 06-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #56
usuyukisou

I'm not sure what Noel's connection to Inez/Ira or TeL/Krystal is. Noel really does exist (as a person), though. His parents both have very legitimate-looking profiles. (I found him through Sedney's profile; what's his connection?)

I do see one Decy Boom on Facebook. Picture features a girl wearing oversized sunglasses and a tacky cap. Won't link in case it's someone else.
Unread 06-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #57
mixaka
Granter of wishes

What is the email you guys are using for Inez/Ira? The only working email I have is for someone who calls themselves Dean (the decy boom email)

Also, I think Tel and Noel are related as they share the same last name, Catilo. They also recently attended Hobbifest 2012 @ Robinsons Starmills Pampanga on May 12, 2012. Their names appear on a list of cosplayers who received a free bus ride to the event.
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 01:13 AM   #58
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

That's Decy. She must have blocked me. Noel and TeL are both people I have been dealing with directly and doing business with directly for a few years. Noel is real, he is TeL's husband. He has either blocked be or locked his account and actually created a whole new one. I've messaged him before...but no response. i last heard from him in Feb. I believe and sent me to contact Decy. I am lead to believe that Inez is Impness...on FB she was Imp Ness, but blocked or deleted the account. A new account with her full name used to be there, but she either blocked me or deleted it.

"Ira" whomever she may be has been responding to me through e-mail...claims to have no idea about anything (though these were Inez's claims too). We keep getting passed on from person to person. No one is responding from the decyboom@hotmail.com e-mail that we were given to tell our complaints to...it's just really beyond maddening.

I contacted TeL's brother again...he was helpful in getting a response in Jan...but he's unresponsive now. Not sure why, but i imagine he's protecting his sister. TeL has a twitter, but it's protected, so not sure if she's been on it or not.

I don't get why they went from reputable to messing up their company name, cosplay group name, and their own names. TeL and Noel are pretty famous in the cosplay world of Filipinos. They've won countless awards. I just don't understand it. Why ruin so much?
Unread 06-05-2012, 02:43 AM   #59
usuyukisou

Tel's cosplay FB profile (using a different surname) was updated as recently as one week ago.

The Noel I see (not his Hannya account) was made in December 2009, so it's likely he just blocked you.

I can see the Imp Ness account, although not much of it.
Unread 06-05-2012, 02:57 AM   #60
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

What profile did you find for TeL?