Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 06-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #61
usuyukisou

^ It's called Tel Batiller. Funny, they seem to be monitoring this thread, since the profile is now deactivated.

Unread 06-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #62
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

t00tsypop, your photo is on their "client list" on their website. The same one as your avatar. I found that interesting. I'm guessing that's the first cosplay they made for you? Anyways...no news about them or from them yet...
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #63
t00tsypop

yea that was my first comm. from them. what webpage do i show up on?
- friday; archer from Dragons crown
- saturday; escha from atelier escha and logy

facebook

Last edited by t00tsypop : 06-05-2012 at 05:32 PM.
t00tsypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #64
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Their main one, but now I can't find it, lol.
Unread 06-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #65
GirlInACage
Queen of Ferelden

Just to update, after I replied to their last email, this is what I got..
Quote:
Good Morning,

Thank you for responding, I will mention your costume to her when I get back to the hospital after my work. Her friend who makes costume already photocopied their log book so I think We will see your costume listed there.

Regards,
Ira
I wish I had known before Impness was linked with blackmarket, after my last dealing with them. This is so frustrating. I have to try and have this commissioned ASAP now through someone else to get it done by August. :/ And hope that I get my money back. I'm hoping someone will hear something positive and post it to this thread, but I'm likely going to wait until next week then let them know I'm filing for a credit card refund. Since it's too long for PayPal.
GirlInACage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 02:17 AM   #66
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

I wouldn't wait until next week...I'd do it now. From my understanding, TeL dropped BlackMarket and other people came in and took over. However, with my commissions, I commissioned directly and communicated directly with TeL and Noel all the way through everything. I have not dealt with any of these other names, except for Decy whom Noel sent me to the last time I spoke to him. Too bad for them TeL's name and PayPal is all over my transactions and bank statements.

Anyways, I wouldn't wait to file. I'd do it now...as the longer you wait, the less likely your credit card company will potentially do something.
Unread 06-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #67
StHoly

so... someone has replies frm them? i have no replies or anything as of yet..
my convention is over.. sigh.

OniCon X (Galveston)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVII AC
Ikki Con 2013 (Austin)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVIIAC
Esther Blanchett Empire Version Trinity Blood
Anime Matsuri 2014 (Houston)
Gunner Yuna FFX-2
Summoner Yuna FFX
StHoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #68
mixaka
Granter of wishes

I wouldn't wait. I think this thread makes it pretty clear that these are NOT people you want to do business with. Not responding to emails, claiming to be ready to ship goods that are never shipped, closing/blocking FB/twitter/email accounts so you can't contact them.....these are not behaviors you'd expect of a trustworthy business or a business trying to re-build after rough times. Even if they show you a picture of your completed commission and say the will ship it, there are at least 2 of us who have been shown previews of costumes that were never actually shipped. File your claim now and get your money back while you can.

We know that Impness (now Hello Nessy) on cos.com is associated with blackmarket. Why has this person not stepped in to explain or defend their business? Either here on via PM? Since they are watching this thread, why are they not doing anything (other than blocking our access to any of their accounts that we find)?

Also, (and to help make it easier for the search engine to find this info), Impness aka. Hello Nessy has opened up a new commission website called Hello Nessy!. You can find it at http://hello-nessy.webs.com/. Clearly, not recommended. Given how often this group of people seem to 'rebrand' themselves, I would suggest avoiding any commissioners located in the Philippines unless they have an impressive amount of feedback over a lengthy period of time.
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #69
GirlInACage
Queen of Ferelden

I filed for my refund with my credit card company today. Funny enough, after posting on this forum yesterday, they sent ANOTHER email. Here is what I got..
Quote:
Hi Ms. Amie.

My sister confirmed that your costume is already in progress, She wants you to know that the maker is fine and is set to finish your costume before the end of this month or the most late would be by the 1st week of July. She's recovering fast so hopefully she can handle the emails again by the coming week, She just wanted to tell you not to worry because at first she thought people will worry because there will be delay in communications but I answer customers' queries now so no worries, When she get back here she said she will send you the pictures of your costume so you may have idea how it looks like. Till then.

Regards,
Ira
Pretty much they are trying to drag this out in hopes we won't go after refunds, it seems. I still have never seen any photos, even though I emailed this "Ira" asking for photos since I had never received any. I don't see how they wouldn't have taken any before now or why he couldn't get me some for piece of mind, if it was actually in progress. It should've been done by now though. I'm going to use CosplayMandy now at the last minute, luckily they think they can get it done in time.

For those of you who used a credit card with your PayPal, you should be able to file for a refund via the non-receipt dispute, just through your actual bank instead. I'm not sure how it works with checking accounts though.
Unread 06-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #70
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

It is harder with checking accounts, but possible. I am done playing. I want jail time for fraud, which is also possible because there are so many victims.
Unread 06-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #71
GirlInACage
Queen of Ferelden

Any information you need from me, for lawsuits, etc. I'll gladly give. I should still have some of the paperwork I submitted from my first refund through Blackmarket. Now I'll have the information from Hello Nessy. Can't believe I got scammed by them twice. :/
Unread 06-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #72
t00tsypop

yea if anyone starts a lewsuit ill helply help the best that i can. there are to many victims. people pay to much money for costumes and losen all that money when its already tuff times over here.
- friday; archer from Dragons crown
- saturday; escha from atelier escha and logy

facebook
t00tsypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #73
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlInACage View Post
Any information you need from me, for lawsuits, etc. I'll gladly give. I should still have some of the paperwork I submitted from my first refund through Blackmarket. Now I'll have the information from Hello Nessy. Can't believe I got scammed by them twice. :/
If you'll PM me any information about BlackMarket, I'd be most appreciative. Especially if you have a phone number or mailing address so I can compare with the one I have. I'm going to start the process of suing which is to send a letter demanding my goods or a refund.

Obviously, someone is watching this thread. Supposedly, TeL filed a suit against BlackMarket for continuing to use her name and the like. Not sure how successful she was, but I think we have a choice to sue either the person/people we dealt with directly or the actual company. Because I have most my information on particular people, I will probably sue individuals and not the actual company, as there seems to be so many names involved it's hard to tell which are real names and which aren't. The names I have are real people, so it seems like the best way to go. If I can find more exact info on BlackMarket, I'll go that route.

The people involved in my transaction supposedly quit BlackMarket. I find it odd that they think they can wash their hands clean of my transaction when I dealt directly with them...they took my order, they took my money, they communicated with me, they promised my cosplays...and up until March 9th, they said they were personally working on my cosplays and taking care of them. The law doesn't work that way. They took my money, so they owe it to me for my cosplays to be finished. My cosplays should have been finished a year ago, when they took my order and were still working for the company, and they weren't. It is still on them to produce my cosplays...so I don't understand how or why they think it's on the people that run the company now. It is still their commission and debt to pay as the only people I was aware of at the time of my commissions were TeL and Noel.
Unread 06-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #74
mixaka
Granter of wishes

See, that is new information to me. I was told by Noel that there were people working at blackmarket who took money for commissions and ran of with it. This happened after I was shown images of my costume, so I assumed it did not apply to me. It was one of many excuses given as to why my costume was not yet shipped.

Noel claimed to be the one working on my costume and that he was fixing some damage that occurred while shipping it domestically. He also claimed to be making some adjustments that I requested (though I saw no change in the second set of previews I was given early last month). At no point did he mention that he had quit blackmarket or that anyone was still using the name. I know both the person in charge of the Decy email and Noel have access to my costume. Yet neither has bother to ship it.

I assume that blackmarket was not a legit company so you probably can't really sue it. I would sue them as individuals. Small claims court would be best, but I think you have to appear in person. TeL and Noel where also the only parties I was aware of as being part of blackmarket when placing my order.
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #75
StHoly

angelbabycakes > i'll email/pm you the details....

OniCon X (Galveston)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVII AC
Ikki Con 2013 (Austin)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVIIAC
Esther Blanchett Empire Version Trinity Blood
Anime Matsuri 2014 (Houston)
Gunner Yuna FFX-2
Summoner Yuna FFX
StHoly is offline   Reply With Quote