Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 09-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #121
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaya View Post
It was a con in the United States, Ohio to be exact. That's why I didn't confront her because I thought she was based over seas. I did get a contact card...but can't seem to find it. However, they are supposed to email me my photo shoot pictures in a couple of weeks. Once I get them I could share the email address with you if it would help.

I'll keep looking for that contact card though. However it was the contact card for the photographer, not the actual Black Market table, so I don't know if it will be of much help.

The strange thing though was they had a table there Friday, but by Saturday it was completely gone...so maybe they had other people confront them and forced them to shut down?
I suppose it's possible...seems super fishy. Do you know how it was spelled and spaced? Was it The BlackMarket Studios? I think this is the way that the people we are dealing with space everything and there is actually a "the" in front. What con in Ohio? I've been looking around and I can't seem to find any information on anything about this company...which is strange if they had a booth at the con.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #122
Amaya
Ovarian Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
I suppose it's possible...seems super fishy. Do you know how it was spelled and spaced? Was it The BlackMarket Studios? I think this is the way that the people we are dealing with space everything and there is actually a "the" in front. What con in Ohio? I've been looking around and I can't seem to find any information on anything about this company...which is strange if they had a booth at the con.
It was Matsuricon in Columbus, Ohio. I apologize but I can't remember how it was spelled or spaced. I'm really sorry. But I think I remember the name being just "Black Market" not "Black Market Studios". I'm beginning to think it really wasn't her, because Matsuricon is a VERY small convention, so if she is based over seas I doubt she would even bother setting up shop at a small con like that.

Still haven't received my pictures, but when I do I promise to shall share the email address. I am still looking for that contact card. Give me a few more days when I have the time to look some more because I believe I stuck it in one of my costume pockets, but the costume isn't currently with me right now. I'll post again when I find it.

Please check out my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/nightraincosplay

Cinncinnati Comic Con

Megaman/Bass Crossover (Megaman Battle Network)-0%
Asuka Plugsuit (Evangelion 3.33)- 100%
Black Widow (The Avengers)- 100%
Baby Doll (Sucker Punch)- 60%
Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #123
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaya View Post
It was Matsuricon in Columbus, Ohio. I apologize but I can't remember how it was spelled or spaced. I'm really sorry. But I think I remember the name being just "Black Market" not "Black Market Studios". I'm beginning to think it really wasn't her, because Matsuricon is a VERY small convention, so if she is based over seas I doubt she would even bother setting up shop at a small con like that.

Still haven't received my pictures, but when I do I promise to shall share the email address. I am still looking for that contact card. Give me a few more days when I have the time to look some more because I believe I stuck it in one of my costume pockets, but the costume isn't currently with me right now. I'll post again when I find it.
Sure, understandable and no rush. I still find it really odd that they stated "not really" or that they helped advertise it, rather than just stating "no" or that they had no idea what you were talking about. So I am curious to see what all it is about.

Thanks for looking and for posting about this. I think you have peeked everyone's interest regardless of the outcome.
Unread 09-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #124
t00tsypop

if you get your pictures just ask the photographer what stand he/she was apart of and for their contact info cause "your inqauiring about a commission" lol
- friday; archer from Dragons crown
- saturday; escha from atelier escha and logy

facebook
t00tsypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #125
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

So just saw a photo from a local con in their country that they were at cosplaying as The Avengers (TeL and Noel). It sickens me that they are still cosplaying.
Unread 10-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #126
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

I would like you all involved with The BlackMarket Studioes to be aware that I have started an investigation and other steps towards getting my money back and the like. There is a section on the investigation paperwork where it asks for other victims, etc. If you do not mind me having your information to put down, I would greatly appreciate it. If you'd like to help, you can PM your name and contact information so I can put it in the forms. I might be contacting some of you privately for this information as well. I will not be offended if you decline.

Thanks!
Unread 10-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #127
t00tsypop

nice : ) i just pm'ed you. hope its not to late,

facebook
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #128
Hannuh
Princess Tofu

Impness or HelloNessy, did the same thing to me. I paid her in March and nothing. She messaged me and never replied back after I paid. She did message me once claiming that it was her sister and Nessy apparently got into an accident. I have all the conversations with her, invoice, payments and everything still. So if guys need anything about this info, just ask.
Hannuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #129
t00tsypop

any news bout the investigation?

facebook
Unread 11-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #130
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

I heard from the Solicitor General over there...and got a letter of approval that supported me and the investigation. Then was told they aren't the ones to handle it, so it was forwared along with an official letter from the SG to the investigative authorities there. So I am getting ready to send them a letter and an e-mail...and still dealing with the case in the states too...do many personal problems I'm dealing with, but at least I've gained some awareness.
Unread 11-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #131
t00tsypop

aw hope things go alright for yea

facebook
Unread 11-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #132
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by t00tsypop View Post
aw hope things go alright for yea
Thanks. I'm still pushing! Lol. I'm just hoping all of this will cause a stir. I have an e-mail address to the foreign authorities over there...I'm wondering if I shouldn't give it to everyone scammed so we can all write e-mails and send them...cause more of a commotion.
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #133
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Found new information on who HelloNessy/Impness is. Just thought I'd let you all know.

Amaya, it is possible the people you saw were from Blackmarket. If you find that card, please let me know!