Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Unread 03-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
JapfanAnime

Question Hetalia Romano/Italy Cosplay?

I'm planning on doing an Italy cosplay with my sister as Romano for A-Kon 23 but I'm not sure what fabric would be the best and inexpensive for their cosplay. And what pattern? Also, how to make their boots or what I could do to make something to resemble their boots. A bit of a late start as A-Kon is only 3 months away but any help would be greatly appreciated!
Heres apicture of them both:
http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/i...ia/2rndgsp.jpg

Last edited by JapfanAnime : 03-03-2012 at 09:04 PM.
JapfanAnime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
Strawberrylawli

as far as fabric cotton twill is the best I got like two yards for $3 at joannas I wish I could be more help but I did a diffrent uniform for romano and haven't made the boots sorry
Strawberrylawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #3
scratchfox

I'd suggest something like a cotton, you definitely do not want a knit. Calico, broadcloth, and such are some good examples. As for the boots, I suggest getting boots from goodwill(they're usually cheap), or old ones. You can sew the white onto the edge. When I cosplayed him I didn't worry about making the boots look like the ones they actually wear, because most people don't :/
scratchfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 02:48 AM   #4
ferocity
LWLLJB

this is a tutorial you could possibly use once you have the base of the boot covers C:
http://godsavethequeenfashions.com/R...er_Topper.html
ferocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:02 AM   #5
JapfanAnime

Thank you! I realized a little late that I posted thing in the wrong.. place.
Er. Thank you very much though! Ill just use a pair of boots I have if they still fit. And ill use cotton as it seems easier and inexpensive! Any idea for patterns though? And would black boots possibly work too?
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
ShadowIllusions
FailingSanityCosplay

I don't remember which pattern I used for the Romano I made, but I know it came from McCall's. Check through the costume section of one of their pattern books, I know I used one that was for a military uniform of some kind, and modified it for all the pockets and such.

If you're going with cotton, pick a heavier one. Lighter cotton might look alright and be easier to wear in a Dallas summer, but the heavier, stiffer cotton will behave a little better when its worn. It will look more like a military uniform that way. I used bottom weight cotton twill, and though I felt like dying it looked great.
-Yin, Darker Than Black
-Yosuke, Persona 4
ShadowIllusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
JapfanAnime

Ah. I found a pattern yesterday that seems to match their jacket. Heavy cotton it is! I think I take the heat... Ill just wear it for half of Friday or Saturday or all of Sunday.