Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 03-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
Lucida
Ringmaster from Hell

Photographer Review

Hey you guys, I just had a thought for a while although I don't know if this is has been done or not. I was thinking that since we have commission reviews for costumes, why not have a photographer review that is based on experience, the photos itself, conduction, and communications? And then you could suggest on how the photographer can make it better next time. If I have enough support then maybe I can edit this page with the review guidelines and grade guideline as well. Good idea?

FB PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lucida...95949270449154
Lucida is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Are you talking about photographers you actually pay for? I know many photographers that shoot as conventions for free, so I'm not sure I follow the purpose of this really. If it's a free shoot, I don't think it's very necessary, as it's free, and well, technically...you get what you pay for, lol. That's not to say free shoots are bad. I've had amazing photos for free. If it's a free shoot, I'm not sure rating on quality and whatnot is all that fair. Also, the thread itself might be better placed somewhere else besides the commissioner section. If it is a paid shoot, I could see the purpose so you know what you can expect for your money. Just my thoughts on it all.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
Lucida
Ringmaster from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
Are you talking about photographers you actually pay for? I know many photographers that shoot as conventions for free, so I'm not sure I follow the purpose of this really. If it's a free shoot, I don't think it's very necessary, as it's free, and well, technically...you get what you pay for, lol. That's not to say free shoots are bad. I've had amazing photos for free. If it's a free shoot, I'm not sure rating on quality and whatnot is all that fair. Also, the thread itself might be better placed somewhere else besides the commissioner section. If it is a paid shoot, I could see the purpose so you know what you can expect for your money. Just my thoughts on it all.
You do have a point there, this can be for somebody who pays for photoshoot and maybe the free ones can be discussed at the general threads and such. If I have enough support on this then I would have a rule where this is only if somebody paid for a shoot.

I had free shoots before and there are a few who did an amazing job!

FB PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lucida...95949270449154
Lucida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

on the "paid or not" type thing goin on, i think that you could do like the commissioner thread, where they put a link to do a separate merchant thread. that way the 2 are split up. or even, have part of the review guidelines to fill out like the other thread, where you have like: Name, Photography site, paid or not etc. sorry i BOLDED that one, but thats to show you can use it as a guideline, then depending on the answer you can make it like post 1 will be for paid and post 2 will be for free ones. just a thought. also, id like to say, i feel like this thread would be good, so if that person wants to get ahold of a great photographer, they know where to find one. and if one photographer has, say, terrible pictures and such, one can warn others to be aware..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):
-OC (Original Series)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)

WIP
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
-Yui Hirasawa (Attack On K-On!)
-Hanji (Attack On Titan)
-Takamina (AKB0048)
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
-Link (Zelda: OOT)
-Miku (Vocaloid, Galaxy Girls [fan models])

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote