Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 12-28-2014, 02:04 AM   #1
Randommerade
Princess of Heart

Pets!

What kind of pets do you have? This thread is for talking about pets and showing off your pets.

I have 4 cats

Money (brown/black/gold/orange tortoiseshell cat)
Baby Girl (grey tiger cat with the softest fur you have ever felt, mother to Baby Boy and Mister Pinchers)
Baby Boy (grey tiger cat, almost identical to his mom but with bolder stripes, brother of Mister Pinchers)
Mister Pinchers (black and white tiger cat, reaaalllly fat, and knows how to play fetch)

I don't have many pics to show but here's Mister Pinchers sitting in the sink

Navi (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Kairi (Kingdom Hearts II)
Planned/WIP Cosplays
Princess Serenity (Sailor Moon Crystal)
Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
Randommerade is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2014, 05:33 PM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Not sure if we had this thread already..I don;t remember if it was a pets thread of just a cats thread..Oh well..

Anyway I have one cat. It's an Egyptian Mau. His name is Loki..My brother named him. He's not named after the Marvel character. He's named after the God. Though we all like Marvel anyway so it's hard to believe..But he IS very mischievous lol

We call him:
-Loke-mizer (In an Arnold Swarchenegger voice)
-Lokenmeister (Also in an Arnold Swarchenegger voice)
-Lokester
Good times..Good times..lol And yes, he answers to all 3 of these, as well as Loki.
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts II)
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2014, 10:45 PM   #3
boricuaspartan

Awww, Kitties! LOL!

Well me, I have two dogs. A 2 year old Siberian Husky named "Rose" and a 2 year old German Shepard named "Spartan". They drive me crazy sometimes, but I love em though I have some pics of them...but I forgot how to upload em, lol. I guess I'll figure it out and try to put em up later.

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnu0QkPs6lVP-uALjfwIEGQ
boricuaspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2014, 11:16 PM   #4
Killerangel666
You have Cheetohs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jei-Cos View Post
Not sure if we had this thread already..I don;t remember if it was a pets thread of just a cats thread..Oh well..

Anyway I have one cat. It's an Egyptian Mau. His name is Loki..My brother named him. He's not named after the Marvel character. He's named after the God. Though we all like Marvel anyway so it's hard to believe..But he IS very mischievous lol

We call him:
-Loke-mizer (In an Arnold Swarchenegger voice)
-Lokenmeister (Also in an Arnold Swarchenegger voice)
-Lokester
Good times..Good times..lol And yes, he answers to all 3 of these, as well as Loki.
I think yours is the first cat I have heard with that name. That's my dog's name lol and the same thing with him we named him after the god not the character. The name fits him to a T. We got him from the pound a few years ago and on top of being mischievous he's such a goofball!
Killerangel666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2014, 11:31 PM   #5
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerangel666 View Post
I think yours is the first cat I have heard with that name. That's my dog's name lol and the same thing with him we named him after the god not the character. The name fits him to a T. We got him from the pound a few years ago and on top of being mischievous he's such a goofball!
That's literally the same haha Except that my mom and brother got him in 2009 from in front of safeway where this guy was giving them to people to get them good homes becasue he wasn't able to care for them.
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts II)
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #6
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

This is my goofy Newfie Amber! She's 2 1/2 years old now, but we've only had her for a little under a year (she's a rescue). Amber is also incredibly fond of plopping down in snow piles and eating as much of the white stuff as she can.

• Human Beatrice (Over the Garden Wall): 29% (Sewing) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Spring 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2014, 02:27 PM   #7
KittyAngel
cute little kitty >^.^<

Talking

I'm a cat lover, so here's my babies.

Okay, we did originally have 2 cats, Princess and Dipper. Unfortunately, we had to put Dipper down this August because her health was declining at a very fast pase.

Dipper:
R.I.P Dipper.JPG

She was a 12 pound Grey Tabby cat that was so funny. Mind you, we adopted her like this, we didn't make her fat, she just came that way. OMG, she would literally demand food, whether she had any or not. Not to mention, she would try to scam people into giving her more whether she was already fed or not. I also want to mention that she didn't eat meat like most cats would, but she loved her dairy. Mind you, we did this in moderation and she would lick off our fingers, so it wouldn't be damaging.

She liked her milk, melted ice cream (mind you, vanilla flavored because cats can't have chocolate), chesse, cream cheese, and even a little bit of the frosting of a carrot cake. Let's just say that knew how to relax. She would literally take up an entire couch cooshin if you let her. The best thing about her was she wasn't aggressive AT ALL. Maybe she'll hiss at you or growl at you if you provoked her enough, but other than that, she would literally tolerate you putting on a santa hat for cats at Christmas time.

Mind you, she was around 17-18 years old this year. It turns out that she had an olser in the back of her throat, which would prevent her from eating normally. She went from being 12 pounds to 9 pounds, then literally creeping down to 7 or 6 pounds. The poor thing was starving, but at the same time, the vet were guessing that she had cancer. The only problem was that it would actually take surgery for a cat to figure out whether she had it or not. Unfortunately, we didn't have the money for the surgery. So, I made the family decision of putting her down because I didn't want her to suffer anymore.

R.I.P Dipper. We still love you

Princess:

Princess.JPG

Princess here, a Tortiseshell and Calico mix, is still a spoiled little girl thinking she owns everything. From my side of the bed to on top of Mom's and Dad's pillows on their bed. She's also 17-18 year old cat. I say she's a Tortiseshell and Calico mix is because in the picture provided, her face, back, and tail are Tortiseshell, but her chest and tummy are white, then she has one arm solid black and the other arm solid tan. She lastly has 2 white front paws, like she's wearing a pair of gloves and her hind legs are tan while it looks like she's wearing a matching pair of white boots.

Let's just say the last time she went to the vet was last year. Nothing too dire, but she was crouching down than normal (she was 16 years old at the time). The vet that we saw, when she was checking Princess' heart and lungs, made the comment, "Princess doesn't have the heart or lungs of a 16 year old cat", which actually surprised her. It turns out her little socket where her hip was just a twinge out of place, but not crippling.

Anyway, she loves her meat, as in chicken, pork, beef, fish, you name it. The only thing here is that she refuses to eat shrimp and yet she'll go nuts over tuna

Now a days, she'll nod off to sleep on the arm rest of the chair and then she'll fall off without realizing it

For this little sweet heart, for her to be a 17-18 year old cat, she's still got some spunk left in her

DeviantArt.com
JapaneseBlossomKitty
KittyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2014, 04:32 PM   #8
Killerangel666
You have Cheetohs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post

This is my goofy Newfie Amber! She's 2 1/2 years old now, but we've only had her for a little under a year (she's a rescue). Amber is also incredibly fond of plopping down in snow piles and eating as much of the white stuff as she can.

She's beautiful! And so fluffy, like a giant pillow! At that age is she considered fully grown?
Killerangel666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2014, 04:45 PM   #9
Ilafatyu
That guy

I have a fluffmonster named Jordi. She's an 8-year-old standard poodle who was adopted from a not so nice home when she was 4. When she first arrived she was sad, shy, and had two ear infections, but now she's an attention hound who hates balloons. I love her cords, they're like little dreadlocks if you leave them alone for a couple weeks.

Not pictured: Her afro when we brush her out. She looks like a toasted marshmellow when you brush out the cords.

She lays on fabric whenever it's laid out and ready for cutting. I swear she's more cat than dog. Princess Jordi.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 4%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #10
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerangel666 View Post
She's beautiful! And so fluffy, like a giant pillow! At that age is she considered fully grown?
Thank you! <3 Amber is fully grown at around 100 lbs, but she's on the small side for Newfoundlands.

She also basically is a giant pillow, lol. Newfies like to just sprawl out on the floor, and they very much enjoy company!
  • Human Beatrice (Over the Garden Wall): 29% (Sewing) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Spring 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2014, 08:08 PM   #11
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I have a huge aquatic snail.http://shinobixikyu.deviantart.com/a...tron-412063263
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2014, 12:36 AM   #12
Alichuu
The Kitsune

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...e080357a60 af this is my babeh Sophie (she's actually 11 years old lol)

and my baby boy Max (who is 1) https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...66&oe=552F95EB

Max is recent, got him last year right after my other cat Cleo Patra had passed away in October. So yea they're my two black beauties c:
Alichuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2014, 04:32 AM   #13
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

There was a pets thread but it's been dead for a long time. It would take a lot of digging in the archives to find it.

My dogs: Penny and Olivia. Penny is the clearly older one on the right.

My hedgehog, Sebastian (although I mostly call him Stickers) wearing a Scouting Legion cape I made him.

I don't seem to have any recent photos of my cat, Bella. But here she is during her first Christmas.

Naka-Kon: Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Chef!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Mami Tomoe (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2014, 10:20 AM   #14
Ilafatyu
That guy

That's an adorable scouting hedgehog.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 4%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2015, 10:31 AM   #15
TeddyAllen

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/...94&oe=5543C1EA

my babies relaxing and enjoying Sunday morning after taking a bath!

It was a terrible experience when you have to shower 10 dogs, lol.
TeddyAllen is offline   Reply With Quote