Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 01-29-2016, 02:32 PM   #1
Doragonzwei

AliExpress

This is not about the site itself but rather an inquiry about your experience ordering from them. I am utilizing this site for the first time and am waiting a duration of 3 months (since November 2015) for an order from China. I have 10 days until "Buyer Protection" is over and have yet to receive the goods I paid for. Have you had this experience? Have you received your shipments? I'm in a dilemma where I don't really want to cancel the order, but at this point the reality of paying for an invisible item is highly unreasonable. Appreciate your input/shared experience. Thanks a bunch.
Doragonzwei is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-29-2016, 02:41 PM   #2
jaymcee
JayMCee

If I were you, I would contact either your credit card company or PayPal (depending how you paid) and file a claim immediately.

Jay.M.Cee

Facebook.com/Alissa.Jess.Cosplays
IG: @caamano

jaymcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2016, 02:56 PM   #3
KittytheSheGeek
Geek Extraordinaire

I've never used them myself, so I can't help you there. But my suggestion is to contact the company and let them know that you have yet to receive what you have purchased. If they don't reply or shrug off your concerns, then you should definitely contact either paypal or your credit card company, as jaymcee said. I don't know if you've contacted the company yet or not, but that should definitely be your first step.

[C|O|S|P|L|A|Y]
My anti-drug.
KittytheSheGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #4
AlaizabelCray
Welcome to My World...

Oh boy, I've heard AliExpress is INFAMOUS for this sort of thing. I've never ordered from them myself, but I make it a point to stay away from them since I've heard so many horror stories about them never sending out things that people order. And if they DO ship out your item, it's either damaged or the quality sucks.

Definitely contact the company and if not, get a hold of PayPal or whoever your credit card company is.

New Cosplays for 2016:
Titania Asuna (Sword Art Online/Alfheim Online): 25%
Fem!Inumuta (Kill La Kill): 25%

Cosplays that'll be nice to work on this year:
Moulin Rouge!Fem!France (Hetalia)
Fem!Decim (Death Parade)

Come stop by my cosplay page!
https://www.facebook.com/AlaizabelCrayCosplay
AlaizabelCray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2016, 05:02 PM   #5
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

For what I've heard Aliexpress is hit or miss. Sounds like you need a to file a claim immediately to me. I tend to avoid Aliexpress and Milanoo or anywhere I can't use paypal.
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2016, 10:22 AM   #6
Otaku Gunso
half elf flame haze

Don't use them, they are crooks <,< I ordered a wig from them for my Yuki Judai cosplay and told them I needed it by a certain time. Not only did the wig come AFTER the fact but it was the wrong wig. Once I got it I was really annoyed because I didn't even know where to send it back to because I had never ordered stuff from china or anything before so if I was you I wouldn't buy anything from them. Especially not if you need something in a timely fashion.
Unread 01-30-2016, 11:35 AM   #7
imekitty

I've never ordered costumes from AliExpress, only actual clothes. I've never had a problem getting my things in a relatively timely matter, but in your case, I think you need to first contact the company and then your Buyer Protection before it ends if they do not respond. Or honestly, even if they do respond, you should probably still cancel it before it's too late.
imekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2016, 01:44 AM   #8
Respawning

I have just had my first order from them and am waiting for a wig too. I'm giving it until roughly 10 days before the protection wears out to file a claim. A friend of mine has ordered from them a few times and has had to contact sellers a couple of those times and each time she's gotten them to resend things or refund fairly quickly.

My wig theoretically left China at the end of December, so hopefully it shows up in February :P I also have just ordered a couple pairs of leggings I hope don't take too long to arrive either. I am very short on funds, so I hope my cheapness doesn't bite me in the ass.