Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Boston

Unread 03-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #16
areazel
⌠/quєєn

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishtastic View Post
4:00 to 5:00, then? Sounds good. And yeah, just give me a heads up when you think of a good location!
that sounds good.
Well for now maybe we can do a few pictures in one of the glass walkways or something. Cause DOGs is such a metropolis based series it might be nice (especially because it's so windy outside) so we can get the city in there but with controllable conditions.

I'll think about it more to find other good places... Another question, how should I contact you or something? I can PM my cell number if you want it might make finding each other easier if we can't

AnimeNext 2014
Hawkeye - Marvel
Newton Geiszler - Pacific Rim (maybe)

NYC Special Edition 2014
Hawkeye - Marvel(maybe)

'i am loki, of asgard, and i am burdened with purpose'
areazel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #17
squishtastic
SHSL K-pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by areazel View Post
that sounds good.
Well for now maybe we can do a few pictures in one of the glass walkways or something. Cause DOGs is such a metropolis based series it might be nice (especially because it's so windy outside) so we can get the city in there but with controllable conditions.

I'll think about it more to find other good places... Another question, how should I contact you or something? I can PM my cell number if you want it might make finding each other easier if we can't
I know what you mean - glass would work well. It would be nice if we could find big windows or something. I don't know the Convention Center well, but here are some places that might work well if we could access them: 1 2 3 4 5

As for contact, it'd be great if you could PM me your number like you said, and you can also contact me through e-mail at rhymextime @ gmail . com. :)

Otakon 2013
Kururugi Suzaku
Tomoe Mami
Uchiha Sasuke (Team 7)
Jaganshi Hiei
Lee Taemin (LUCIFER)
Rhyme Bitou
squishtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #18
areazel
⌠/quєєn

Let's see... -digs back in memory of previous years- xDD

I know where number two is, and it would so work but the lighting is iffy. Becuase of where it's located also it may be crowed right there.
I know where those are too, and I think depending on the time and stuff they could so work.

I am also thinking of like within the Prudential center itself.
The Glass Walkways?

Another nice place is actually outside the center itself (if we wanted to go there we could meet somewhere and I could show? It's just across the street) here

/keeps thinking

AnimeNext 2014
Hawkeye - Marvel

NYC Special Edition 2014
Hawkeye - Marvel(maybe)

Unread 03-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #19
squishtastic
SHSL K-pop

Quote:
Let's see... -digs back in memory of previous years- xDD

I know where number two is, and it would so work but the lighting is iffy. Becuase of where it's located also it may be crowed right there.
I know where those are too, and I think depending on the time and stuff they could so work.

I am also thinking of like within the Prudential center itself.
The Glass Walkways?

Another nice place is actually outside the center itself (if we wanted to go there we could meet somewhere and I could show? It's just across the street) here

/keeps thinking
The glass walkway would be really nice; I just don't wanna be in peoples' way, you know? >< We could definitely go somewhere outside of the Con Center, though. That last picture is the Christian Science Center, right? I actually have another shoot that I'm gonna try to do there, too, but apparently Security kind of cracks down on cosplayers? That's what I heard, but we could certainly try for it! I don't know any places inside of the Prudential Center, so if you do find somewhere in there, we could certainly do that.

Otakon 2013
Kururugi Suzaku
Tomoe Mami
Uchiha Sasuke (Team 7)
Jaganshi Hiei
Lee Taemin (LUCIFER)
Rhyme Bitou
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #20
areazel
⌠/quєєn

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishtastic View Post
The glass walkway would be really nice; I just don't wanna be in peoples' way, you know? >< We could definitely go somewhere outside of the Con Center, though. That last picture is the Christian Science Center, right? I actually have another shoot that I'm gonna try to do there, too, but apparently Security kind of cracks down on cosplayers? That's what I heard, but we could certainly try for it! I don't know any places inside of the Prudential Center, so if you do find somewhere in there, we could certainly do that.
Yeah, especially with the wind... The wind can make photoshoots really hard. And yes, I do believe so, last year we had a Kuroshitsuji Shoot there and security was eyeing us and we wrapped up. I think they crack down much faster on bigger groups, so if we did do it there I would think we would only do a few minutes or something because it's just the three of us(me my friend and you). Mall security cracks down much faster on shoots inside the mall, but there are a few quieter hallways sort of out of the way that I can think of. And of course the outside area but that's also weather dependent.

AnimeNext 2014
Hawkeye - Marvel

NYC Special Edition 2014
Hawkeye - Marvel(maybe)

Unread 03-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #21
squishtastic
SHSL K-pop

Quote:
Yeah, especially with the wind... The wind can make photoshoots really hard. And yes, I do believe so, last year we had a Kuroshitsuji Shoot there and security was eyeing us and we wrapped up. I think they crack down much faster on bigger groups, so if we did do it there I would think we would only do a few minutes or something because it's just the three of us(me my friend and you). Mall security cracks down much faster on shoots inside the mall, but there are a few quieter hallways sort of out of the way that I can think of. And of course the outside area but that's also weather dependent.
Mmmk, well we can definitely try for the Science Center if you want to, and a nice out-of-the-way hallway inside sounds good. :)
Why don't we meet by the Convention Center mall entrance at 4:00, and from there we can move to whatever location we decide on?

Otakon 2013
Kururugi Suzaku
Tomoe Mami
Uchiha Sasuke (Team 7)
Jaganshi Hiei
Lee Taemin (LUCIFER)
Rhyme Bitou
Unread 03-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #22
Misako-chan
Cake-eh!

Hi! I have a group of three doing Skyward Sword cosplays and we were wondering if you were still available sometime either Friday afternoon/early evening or Saturday late morning/ early afternoon? We were thinking outside by the buildings and reflecting pool of the Christian Science Center, or any of the courtyards would be a good location if the weather is nice.

dA: http://misakochan.deviantart.com/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/cosplaydmz

Current cosplays - Izaya Orihara, Elizabeth (Bioshock), SnK/AoT soldier
Misako-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #23
squishtastic
SHSL K-pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misako-chan View Post
Hi! I have a group of three doing Skyward Sword cosplays and we were wondering if you were still available sometime either Friday afternoon/early evening or Saturday late morning/ early afternoon? We were thinking outside by the buildings and reflecting pool of the Christian Science Center, or any of the courtyards would be a good location if the weather is nice.
Skyward Sword cosplay, oh my goodness! So much love for that game. ♥
Would about 2:30 to 3:30 PM on Friday work for you? It would be great, like you said, if we could shoot outside in nice weather. I'm up for trying at the Science Center when Security's not looking, haha! A courtyard would also be great. We could meet by one of the Convention Center entrances, maybe, and move outside from there. :)

Otakon 2013
Kururugi Suzaku
Tomoe Mami
Uchiha Sasuke (Team 7)
Jaganshi Hiei
Lee Taemin (LUCIFER)
Rhyme Bitou
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #24
Misako-chan
Cake-eh!

I'll be in the Death Match which ends at 2:30 on Friday with another costume, and then I'll have to change so I think the earliest we could do on Friday is 4. Are you free 4 or 5 on Friday? If not and we want to aim for an outside shoot, my group can do anytime after 11am on Saturday.

Unread 03-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #25
squishtastic
SHSL K-pop

Quote:
I'll be in the Death Match which ends at 2:30 on Friday with another costume, and then I'll have to change so I think the earliest we could do on Friday is 4. Are you free 4 or 5 on Friday? If not and we want to aim for an outside shoot, my group can do anytime after 11am on Saturday.
Hmmmm. The only other time that I'm free on Friday is in the evening, after 6:30 PM. On Saturday, I'm free from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM and from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM, but neither would be a full hour since I have shoots immediately before and after. So basically, it would be a little less than an hour because of the time it would take me to get from my previous shoot to yours. I'm totally willing to do that if you're okay with having a little less time (and of course I wouldn't charge you for a full hour)!

Otakon 2013
Kururugi Suzaku
Tomoe Mami
Uchiha Sasuke (Team 7)
Jaganshi Hiei
Lee Taemin (LUCIFER)
Rhyme Bitou
Unread 03-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #26
Misako-chan
Cake-eh!

Do you think there would be enough outdoor lighting during the 6:30-7:30 time for Friday? We're fine with only a few sunset shots outdoors if it is bright enough and then moving indoors if it gets too dark. If not, doing less than an hour from 12:00-1 on Saturday works for us.

Unread 03-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #27
squishtastic
SHSL K-pop

Quote:
Do you think there would be enough outdoor lighting during the 6:30-7:30 time for Friday? We're fine with only a few sunset shots outdoors if it is bright enough and then moving indoors if it gets too dark. If not, doing less than an hour from 12:00-1 on Saturday works for us.
I've checked a few sunset time charts online, and they all predict the Boston sunset to be around 7:16 PM on that Friday. Also, it doesn't get really dark until a little while after the predicted time. Based on that, I'd say that there would be sufficient light for outdoor shots. :) I'll be able to adjust my camera to the appropriate settings and will have a tripod, so even a little bit of darkness shouldn't be a problem.
Also, just a heads-up, it'll probably be more like 6:40 to 7:40 because I do have a shoot ending right at 6:30. I'll hurry to meet you, though, and of course we will have a full hour with this time slot as opposed to Saturday. I think that it's probably best, also, because there are three of you, which could take a bit more time. That being said, maybe we could do group shots outside around sunset, and if it gets too dark, we can move inside and get some individual shots. :) Does that work for you guys?

Otakon 2013
Kururugi Suzaku
Tomoe Mami
Uchiha Sasuke (Team 7)
Jaganshi Hiei
Lee Taemin (LUCIFER)
Rhyme Bitou
Unread 03-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #28
Misako-chan
Cake-eh!

That sounds perfect 6:40 on Friday it is! Do we pay at con or online beforehand? Feel free to PM me with payment details and any other specific info. We look forward to working with you!

Unread 03-24-2012, 03:45 AM   #29
Estarose

Hello! I am attending Anime Boston this year as Haruhara Haruko and would love to get some pictures taken, preferably outdoors. Would you have any time to meet Friday early afternoon? Perhaps near the Au Bon Pain that is close to the courtyard, so we could then move outside if it is nice.

Please tell me what time works for you! It is only me and an hour should be fine.
Estarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #30
squishtastic
SHSL K-pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estarose View Post
Hello! I am attending Anime Boston this year as Haruhara Haruko and would love to get some pictures taken, preferably outdoors. Would you have any time to meet Friday early afternoon? Perhaps near the Au Bon Pain that is close to the courtyard, so we could then move outside if it is nice.

Please tell me what time works for you! It is only me and an hour should be fine.
Hi there! I'm really sorry, but my Friday schedule is all booked now. I do have a space on Saturday in the early afternoon for a half-hour, if that would work.

Otakon 2013
Kururugi Suzaku
Tomoe Mami
Uchiha Sasuke (Team 7)
Jaganshi Hiei
Lee Taemin (LUCIFER)
Rhyme Bitou