Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 03-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

final fantasy XII

Does anyone still cosplay from this game? I'm gonna be cosplaying Larsa this year for animeNEXT
Manjoume Jun - Yu-Gi-Oh GX
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
ToxicFantasyVII
Cosplay is sarifice!

I am currently going to cosplaying a Penelo. This game has amazing designs yet it is so unloved! More love for Final Fantasy XII!
ToxicFantasyVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #3
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

I'm currently working on Ashe's wedding dress! I have just finished most of the vail bits today actually. But that dress is something else lol.

I'm glad to see more FF XII cosplays still being made! That makes me happy!
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 02:12 AM   #4
ToxicFantasyVII
Cosplay is sarifice!

@Liliana: Gosh! You're attempting Ashe's wedding dress! That's insane! I wish you luck!

On penelo, I am still debating with either using leather, pleather or vinyl. Leather I know is going to be heavy but has that awsome look to it. Vinyl is lighter and easier to sew (for me) but just doesn't have that look and pleather is a little bit of both. Arghhhh! What do you think? Here's a reference for those who don't know who she is link hope that works...I am terriblwe with links
Unread 03-16-2012, 05:24 AM   #5
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicFantasyVII View Post
I am currently going to cosplaying a Penelo. This game has amazing designs yet it is so unloved! More love for Final Fantasy XII!
yea I'm kinda an FF noob actually, 12 is the only one I played. Now it seems that 13 and 13 2 is running its course so I guess some people can take a step back a little every so once in a while even though its from 2006 ;o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
I'm currently working on Ashe's wedding dress! I have just finished most of the vail bits today actually. But that dress is something else lol.

I'm glad to see more FF XII cosplays still being made! That makes me happy!
that's gonna be epic xD
Unread 03-17-2012, 01:41 AM   #6
ToxicFantasyVII
Cosplay is sarifice!

My first final fantasy was Final Fantasy X! I love that game so much but I have played FF 7, FF 8, FF 3, FF 13 and they were beyond epicness! But I just adore Final Fantasy XII, and I don't understand why people just pass it by. I adore the plot, the characters and even the battle system which was a real difference from Final Fantasy X.
Unread 03-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #7
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

oh well thanks for giving me ideas of where to go next wit that ;p I actually managed to get 12 because a lady went into game stop wit a broken ps2 and an unopened FFXII copy. They wouldn't take it because of there policy that doesn't allow the trading in of unopened games(maybe they thought she stole it /heh) but I ended up buying it off of her outside for $7 xD So thats how that came about ;o

I knew from the first time I saw Larsa that I wanted to cosplay him. I even kept a file from the time he's in your party just for the purpose of taking a bunch 'a reference pics. I don't know if I'll make the weapons but I even got reference pics of those just in case I do
Unread 03-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
ToxicFantasyVII
Cosplay is sarifice!

$7! I wish I didn't buy it straight away but I am hardcore final fantasy fan so I had to get it.

WOW! Your Larsa is really coming in great! My penelo is still in the planning section right now. I sort of have to draw up all my own patterns for her armour because they are such a weird shape!
Unread 03-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #9
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

I had to do alot 'a draw ups for Larsa, alot more then I expected. For the necklace thing(now broke gotta upload the other I whipped up in a hurry), the thing on the back, the things on the shoulders and all the other little intricate designs had to be drawn up and what not. Truthfully I'll be lucky if get it done by the end of this month, as I said my necklace broke so now I gotta wait for it to dry again ><
Unread 03-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #10
Trinitykeyblade

Vaan is my background cosplay... I'm making Xion from KH for an upcoming event, Noel Kreiss for the main one in october and Vaan is just a side challange for fun... made all the armour, gtta paint em and make the vest and necklace and belt (prob only use it next year... he's a replacement for Tidus which fell through due to trying to finish my sister's Lulu cos :/). It's so cool that people still cosplay as these characters!
Trinitykeyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #11
ToxicFantasyVII
Cosplay is sarifice!

@fujyoshi I can't wait to see your completed Larsa. It sounds like it will be the Best!

@TrinityKeyBlade. Yes, I am so glad people are still cosplaying these characters! Their designs are so beautiful but cosplays of these are so rare.
Unread 03-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #12
Trinitykeyblade

I just found out... there is ANOTHER convention between the two I mentioned, so now I'm forced to finish Vaan by default o.O so yeah, come 31st March I'm going to have to finish all three XD he hee
Trinitykeyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #13
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

^ good luck

I'm on the hunt for some 1/8 antique brass eyelets to complete my belt for Larsa. That and painting the necklace again(hopefully witout breaking it -.- again) will lead me to completion of the cosplay. Although of course full pictures will still have to wait till saturday of the animeNEXT weekend ;p I will post pictures up of everything the outfit contains though including the details to how I made everything and what not so that's something to throw out there I guess xD
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #14
LittleBlondGoth

I'm working on a FFXII Fran right now, for May's MCM Expo. It's... Well, insane doesn't even come close. But I love the character, and love the design. Even if it does mean half of London is going to see my arse.
LittleBlondGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #15
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

yea fran is a pretty tough customer regarding cosplaying her good luck there

On another note I just completed my belt for Larsa. Yes I finally found those eyelets I was hunting Now all I gotta do is paint the necklace and a finishing coat of varnish to make it all shiny and glossy A small touch would be adding a nice little loop on the top for the necklace to go through.