Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Historical Costuming

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Railey98

Question Portland Oregon Costume Rental Information

Where: Portland, Oregon or Vancouver, Washington
What: Victorian Dress of Decent Quality
Why: Photo Shoot with a Marie Antoinette Feel

Usually I'm an avid costumer, but my mother just wants a quick photo shoot with my younger sister with a Marie Antoinette feel to it. She wants to punk it up a little, with pink converse, and a bit rebellious look to it, since my little sister will be the model. Shes 15, and fairly filled out, but not enough to make the whole cleavage look viable, or appropriate.

The look she wants, again, is a formality with a subtle rebellion (the shoes). Big poofy dress, tall wig, pink petticoat, the whole thing. We're arranging for the setting to be a historical setting, in some of the restored and maintained mansions and museums around here. We want to 'glam' it up a little, with cakes, flowers, fans, masks, but not go overboard, just to give you a general idea what I'm looking for.

SO to keep costs low and still enjoy ourselves I'm reaching out to fellow costumers in the area so see what you have to say about Where to rent, What to rent, and Why they're good. I'm looking for reviews and costume suggestions.

I'm not a historical cosplayer, so whatever looks, styles, formalities you feel we should incorporate into the shoot I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear them!

Last edited by Railey98 : 03-17-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Added Information
Railey98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

As I'm not in Portland I can't offer any suggestions where to rent from, but when you ask around you oughtn't to ask for available Victorian options--Marie's signature styles are Rococo and Georgian. Just asking for a Marie Antoinette dress should get the idea across.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote