Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action) > Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread 03-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

Minute Details?

So I have officially started looking for items for a Jack Sparrow cosplay (already bought the shirt, and seeking places to get pants and vest). And I am also looking on eBay for Jack Sparrow's beads that he has in his wig. I have taken a look at the costuming wiki and at all the references. And I am currently on a bit of a budget, so I found some things for his wig that are pretty accurate, but not exact. I was wondering, how many people are going to notice the inaccuracies? I found a great deal on eBay, someone is selling a whole bunch of kuchi dangles, for $30, and usually the exact replica ones are $30 for one. So I was thinking of buying these, so that I have 4 extra, in case something happens to one of them. But I was also noticing that there are a lot of differences between these and the screen used one. So will anyone notice this? Or have I gotten way too picky?

I think as I gather my items for this cosplay, I will have to cut a few corners with respect to accuracy due to my lack of money right now But I guess in general, I would like to know, how many people will notice my inaccuracies...
I am going to be inaccurate as it is, with my extreme non-Deppness, so I think that any other mild inaccuracies will be very obvious because of this. Am I right to assume this?

Unread 05-31-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
Purified Ace
Ace Pendragon

The thing to remember about Captain Jack is, that no matter how may inaccuracies your costume has, as long as you have fun with it, people will always recognize you.

You've commented on my costume a few times. My costume has a list of inaccuracies as long as my leg, yet people still love it.

In truth, as long as you've got the general idea down, people don't notice the inaccuracies as much as we might whilst we wear it, savvy?