Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #16
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyMason View Post
It all comes down to communication. Most folks will understand so long as everyone involved is open, honest and communicates issues in a timely manner. I've seen your work and I do sincerely hope you can dig out of the situation you have worked yourself into. I just felt the need to alert Bri about the past issues and clarify any misconceptions about your connection to other creators.

As a piece of advice, I would recommend that you be completely open with new clients about the recent events, at least until the past issues have been dealt with and you have had some time to rebuild your reputation. I cannot stress how upset I am to see another creator whom has a lot of respect in community being mistakenly associated with you due to your past mistakes.

Things happen that are out of our control as craftsmen, but believe me, the worst thing to do is not communicate to your clients. I nearly fell into the communication void early on, and am careful to alert my clients to delays and unforeseen circumstances as soon as I can nowadays. If a deadline is at risk of being missed, communication early on and the responsibility to get it done ASAP falls to the craftsman. The events that caused your backlog were out of your control, but you held the control for communicating the issues and satisfying your customers. By not being open about your recent past, you are exacerbating your situation. The act of posting another creator's work as your own is nearly unforgivable, and you should make it publicly known that you did it. You nearly got another creator involved in an investigation because of your mistake.

This is not an attack on you, but sincere advice if you truly want to get past this point. Like I said, I have seen your work and attended panels where you spoke on pepakura. I do not wish for you to be in the position you are in now.
And yeah, I mean, It's not like an attack, but when you say you can't send me any progress pictures because your camera 'coincidentally' broke the whole time I wanted progress pictures, because if you can't show me a picture, I just don't want it..

And then telling me you are going to ship it on Tuesday (this was a Sunday) and then not answering my PM's until I send you an email that they gave from that forum.
I really don't appreciate that, and maybe you should think about whatever problems you are having before you agree to do a commission for someone, if it is a recurring thing, I would wait until it all clears up, not that it just got 'a little better'.

I don't get a lot of people to commission things for me, and honestly I really do like your work!

And I agree, they shouldn't be so rude to you on that forum - name calling doesn't get anything done.
But both the person wanting the commission and the person making the commission have to give 50%-50%,. without communication from both sides, it all gets to a point like ours has.

No hard feelings, we all go through our tough times.

And I will update on Monday when you are suppossed to refund me.
We don't think you are a bad person, but like JoyMason said, I thank her for getting that information to me or I still don't think you'd be getting on coscom anytime soon to reply to me and that would be worse.

You need to know about past faults even if those are a long time ago -
just start on working on getting better feedback with your buyers and maybe those would potentially go away.

Sorry I totally just ranted. o.O
Ninbri is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #17
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

UPDATE: I was successfully refunded a day earlier than I was told.
Unread 06-21-2012, 12:07 AM   #18
tk1055

Since my name has been brought up, I shall respond. To date I have been in contact with several people Pepmaster/vagabond/nintedude owes. To date he still has not fullfilled several of the obligations on the list from the RPF.
tk1055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #19
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1055 View Post
Since my name has been brought up, I shall respond. To date I have been in contact with several people Pepmaster/vagabond/nintedude owes. To date he still has not fullfilled several of the obligations on the list from the RPF.

I was just asked by PepMaster to lock or delete this thread because you are harrassing him? But if you are reading this Pep, I'm not deleting it because this is a commissioner review sub-forum. If you have had a bad experience with a commissioner, you have the right to post here about it. I advise you to take it up with Admin and if Admin wants to delete it or lock it, thats fine.

Next Con: Mechacon
Saturday:
Stewardess Stocking
Sunday:

Facebook: link
DeviantArt: HERE

Last edited by Ninbri : 06-25-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Unread 06-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #20
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

In all honesty, this thread needs to be kept. Just like in the commissioner review thread, which I hope you reviewed him there too, potential clients deserve to know both sides. Reviews are for both good and bad. Even if the commissioner is trying to turn over a new leaf, potential customers still should be warned about previous transactions.

Last edited by angelbabycakes : 06-25-2012 at 02:18 PM.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #21
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

This thread is sort of my review for him.
But I agree with you 100%

Next Con: Mechacon
Saturday:
Stewardess Stocking
Sunday:

Facebook: link
DeviantArt: HERE
Unread 06-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #22
PepMaster

I'm just going to share these 2 links for the member who has been harrasing and stalking me on other sites, read them well. I'm done here, peace.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_stalking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_bullying
PepMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #23
JoyMason
Now Joy Sutton!

While I may not be privy to the full history between PepMaster and tk1055, this particular thread is not cyber stalking, as it was not stated or even majorly influenced by tk1055, so in my opinion, I think brilikemoose has every right to keep it open. This was in response to a transaction between PepMaster and brilikemoose, her asking for info, which was given by folks abreast of the situation at hand, and tk1055 only came in because of the mention of he and Pep's shared history.

Tutorials, showcases and materials reviews!
JoyMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 05:22 AM   #24
tk1055

Since brilikesmoose asked for others information on dealing with this "vendor". Here is mine.

I have been the victim of Pepmaster twice, once when he was offering mask molds on the RPF and the other was in a Pay it Forward thread where he was supposed to send me a Mortal Combat Scorpion Mask. He made excuse after excuse after excuse about the mask mold, ranging from I am to broke to send it, to "Oh it got lost in the mail and oh yeah I didn't get tracking on it." It took over a year to get him to make good on that deal, all of which you can read in the RPF link that was posted.

The second issue I had with him took the Admins to get involved and he was given a choice to either send me the item he claimed in the Pay It Forward thread, Send me the Scorpion mask or get banned. Took over a month to receive the item!

Later I had come to find out that he had a very dubious track record such as, stealing others pictures and claiming them as his own( a feat he has since repeated after doing it here and getting nailed by the artists in question), ripping people off with commissions, running contests but never sending the prize to the winner, and stealing others 3d models to sell on Shapeways (he was caught selling a 405th members files for the new Halo 4 game)! I have linked a few people to the RPF thread as well as a couple of others that show his dubious nature and to warn them to stay away from this "vendor".
Unread 02-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #25
VionDevil

this guy also scammed me! outta 150 dollars anyone know what actions I can take to sue this guy?
VionDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #26
tk1055

I would suggest you post this over on League of Heroes http://theleagueofheroes.yuku.com/. He has been active there.
Unread 02-16-2013, 12:53 AM   #27
VionDevil

what's his sn on league of heroes so i can call him out for being a scammer?
Unread 03-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #28
tk1055

He goes by the same name there.
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #29
VionDevil

we talked about it on Facebook and pepmaster has refunded me,Overall it was because of a lack of communication due to the fact he had to change his email address. I have seen his work and it's pretty good I hope he is able to restore his rep and be able to work with future clients more efficiently best of luck.