Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Persona

Unread 03-23-2012, 12:31 AM   #1
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Need a few opinions on my Souji/Yu cosplay

After getting crapped on in both GameFAQs P4 boards, I thought I'd ask here for a few opinions on my Souji/Yu cosplay.

I think I have most of my costume ready with glasses, katana, black pants, white shirt and a few custom made tarot cards (which I will show at the end of the post). The only thing I'm just waiting for the wig to be delivered. My primary issue has been with the jacket.

Here's the jacket I see on eBay:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Persona-4-Yasogami-High-Boys-Uniform-Cosplay-Costume-/320640869414?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa7af 6426

And here's a leather jacket of similar style that I own:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...iYucosplay.jpg

The Yasogami High jacket I see on eBay looks really loose and floppy. Maybe it's just me but I don't remember it being so floppy in the game or high schools jackets and blazers being so floppy in real life. So I thought I could use that leather jacket of a similar style, though it may be a little too stiff. I may or may not have the Yasogami logo or stripes on it because it's not my jacket. In this case, I'm aiming for faithfulness (leather jacket) than 100% accuracy (eBay jacket).

So is this a good design choice or should I just swallow my pride and buy the accurate jacket on eBay?

Thank in advance.

PS: As promised, here's my custom Izanagi over the Fool arcana card I made:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...FoolArcana.jpg
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Personally I would go for the one on ebay. The design on the jackets is the thing that makes it recognizable as a P4 uniform.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Well, I just got the wig and I think it's a little too dark. What do you guys think?

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...cosplaywig.jpg
Unread 03-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Yeah, the wig looks really dark for Souji. :/

Quote:

Unread 03-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
ShiroAme

Well, it might just be the dark lighting in your room that is making it look dark. Try taking a picture outside in the sun?

Also, I second Touchmon in getting the ebay jacket. The material of the jacket is important too. If I saw a leather jacket, I don't think I could actually see it being a school uniform even if you had all the other details right. XD
ShiroAme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

I plan on buying a jacket instead, though I wish i could get a proper jacket itself and not the whole uniform (I need to buy a new pair of black pants anyway and the only seller with the jacket itself has the wrong collar).

I attached a pic of the wig in sunlight. It certainly looks a lot better and closer to Souji/Yu, though I'm worried about lighting in Anime North.

Thing is that I also looked at the official art on the Megami Tensei wiki, compared them to other cosplayers’s wigs and found that their wigs are a little too light at times. Also, I noticed that maybe Souji/Yu’s hair might look lighter at times and darker in others because of the light.

So I’m very much confused about this wig, and wondering if I should return it and ask for a lighter shade or just grin and bear it.

I swear this cosplay is cursed...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC09346.JPG (181.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by seiryuux : 03-26-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I think the wig is fine. In some of the official art pictures it is that color in the sunlight. It's kind of like my Minako cosplay. Her hair color varies from brown to orange-brown depending on the drawing and such so now it just comes down to personal preference.

Quote: