Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 03-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
CheyeneAlysha

Fitness Advice For An Unhealthy Teen?

I'm seventeen (almost eighteen) and I'm not the healthiest person out there. I'm currently at a healthy weight for a teenage girl my age and height, but I'm not exactly thin or in shape. I tend to skip meals, eat unhealthy foods, or too small/big a serving size.

I really want to cosplay as Tifa, though. However, I'm not as in shape and fit as she is. I've got some stomach flab, gross thighs, and my knees are horrendous. D: I was wondering what are some things I should do (aside from eating right. I'm working on that. X.X) to build some arm muscle, flatten my stomach, and slim down my thighs and knees? If, you know, slimming down my knees is possible. DX

I know crunches and sit ups will help with my tummy flab, but what else could I do?
CheyeneAlysha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
RobbieRenegade
don't sweat my swag

cardio is the best way to zap body fat, aerobic exercise cause the blood vessels to open up more to allow more blood to bring more oxygen to help the muscles, so sense your body is working harder it causes your metabolism to rise and burn more calories. Swimming laps is a great way to build muscle and burn fat. Simply women's health, or even men's health, have some great 15-30 minute work outs that can help with what you wanna do. Hope this answer's your question and good luck

Current works:
NLR Lunar Special Tactics Squad costume

Hunter L4D

Facebook <----feel free to add me
RobbieRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
Somsai
Guyver 01

Slim down your knees? LOL. Sorry, I found that pretty funny.
Ahem...anyways. Cardio and a little bit of pull ups, chin ups, push ups, dips, crunches, etc.
should be sufficient. Idk what you have access to so I just threw out a bunch
of exercises that most ppl are already knowledgeable about.
Oh and btw try to fix your diet. No point in losing weight if you are going to just lose muscle.
Most ppl believe their diet is good, but losing 16 lbs in 3 days is definitely not good.
So eat about 4-6 portions a day. Be sure to get in a sufficient amount of protein, carbs,
and vegetables in your body everyday. Also, drink lots and lots of water.
A full glass of water before eating should do the trick. Well, good luck.

Finished:
- Ikki Minami (Air Gear)
- Kaname Kuran (Vampire Knight)
- Guy (Street Fighters/Final Fight)
Somsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
CheyeneAlysha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somsai View Post
Slim down your knees? LOL. Sorry, I found that pretty funny.
Haha, I know it sounds funny. >.< I hate my knees though, they look... chunky... for lack of a better word. /: Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieRenegade View Post
Hope this answer's your question and good luck
Thank you for the advice. (: I'll be sure to do cardio workouts as often as I can, and I'm gonna try to eat healthier.

Last edited by CheyeneAlysha : 03-24-2012 at 03:09 PM.
CheyeneAlysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
Chirudesu
Flash Goddess Chiru

If you're already eating better than you used to, that's a huge start and you should be proud of yourself C: I'm sure you know what's healthy and what isn't but someone told me to steer clear from 'light' or 'diet' foods like lean cuisine meals and light salad dressings and such. That was a huge help for me because I saw how generally fake the food was and I could have fooled myself into thinking I was being healthy when I wasn't.
Anyways I'm assuming you just want to tone up a little, so include cardio to burn the fat and do other exercises to tone the muscle. Assuming you don't have all the time in the world a HIIT workout or a circuit training workout is usually a good goal because they're only 30 minutes usually, include cardio AND muscle toning exercises that work the whole body. Good luck! C:

私の世界 夢と恋と不安で出来てる。。。
Chirudesu is offline   Reply With Quote