Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #166
JuliSerenade
Love is a futile battle ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
I don't live near Chicago, but I can at least recommend you some places to check out depending on what kind of transportation you have I would recommend checking out Mitsuwa in Shcumburg if you get a chance which is a Japanese marketplace. They have a book store, grocery store, food court, etc. The book store does sell manga, but most of them are in Japanese. If you're ever in the Downers Grove area, check out Fry's Electronics because they're AMAZING for buying anime

Also if you're a con goer, there's plenty of cons in the Rosemont area such as Anime Central, Anime Midwest, and Kollision con. Besides that, if you're by Chicago there's a bunch of museums and stuff down there if you're into things like that.

Besides that though, I got nothing :/
Oh thankyou very much! I am familiar with Chicago with the museums and all that since I have family there but I am unfamiliar with the con/anime scene there. I am actually planning on attending Anime Central actually! I'll keep this all in mind! Since I am very excited about moving there ~ But thankyou so so much!

BTW I'm Juli! : D
JuliSerenade is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #167
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliSerenade View Post
Oh thankyou very much! I am familiar with Chicago with the museums and all that since I have family there but I am unfamiliar with the con/anime scene there. I am actually planning on attending Anime Central actually! I'll keep this all in mind! Since I am very excited about moving there ~ But thankyou so so much!

BTW I'm Juli! : D
Welcome Juli! Good to hear you're planning on going to Acen, since it's the biggest midwest anime convention! If you're into comic stuff at all, there's a comic convention C2E2 going on end of April in Chicago actually. Besides that though, there's quite a number of cons within 1 hour or so of Chicago depending on if you have transportation. I guess it depends if you prefer big cons or small cons though :/ I would recommend checking Anime Midwest if you get a chance, and a lot of people tell me that Killision Con is their favorite con. Besides cons though, there's not too much to do in the state outside of Chicago besides maybe Six Flags in Gurnee...

Lol, I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who frequently post in this thread...Gotta keep this thread up there for all the new cosplayers in IL! ^.^

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #168
JuliSerenade
Love is a futile battle ~

Quote:
Welcome Juli! Good to hear you're planning on going to Acen, since it's the biggest midwest anime convention! If you're into comic stuff at all, there's a comic convention C2E2 going on end of April in Chicago actually. Besides that though, there's quite a number of cons within 1 hour or so of Chicago depending on if you have transportation. I guess it depends if you prefer big cons or small cons though :/ I would recommend checking Anime Midwest if you get a chance, and a lot of people tell me that Killision Con is their favorite con. Besides cons though, there's not too much to do in the state outside of Chicago besides maybe Six Flags in Gurnee...

Lol, I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who frequently post in this thread...Gotta keep this thread up there for all the new cosplayers in IL! ^.^
Yes so very excited about it! I'll actually be debuting two new cosplays there so very excited about it!! :'D

I am not so much into comics but thanks for the suggestion!! Oh me I love them all big cons small cons and the one day events! Anime Midwest is something I was planning to go too. I heard about Anime World Chicago is that same thing or different?

I heard Killision Con is good too. I see but I come from the hustle and bustle of NYC and to be honest got quite tired of that lifestyle so this would be very nice and calming for me.

Oh that's wonderful! I can't wait to come out there! :'D
JuliSerenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #169
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliSerenade View Post
Yes so very excited about it! I'll actually be debuting two new cosplays there so very excited about it!! :'D

I am not so much into comics but thanks for the suggestion!! Oh me I love them all big cons small cons and the one day events! Anime Midwest is something I was planning to go too. I heard about Anime World Chicago is that same thing or different?

I heard Killision Con is good too. I see but I come from the hustle and bustle of NYC and to be honest got quite tired of that lifestyle so this would be very nice and calming for me.

Oh that's wonderful! I can't wait to come out there! :'D
If you like big and small cons, there are a LOT! I would recommend Anime Midwest because it was the most fun I have had at a convention, but not sure if the change of location might affect it this year. Anime World Chicago is actually a separate convention from Midwest, and last I heard they were merging with Wizard World Chicago so not sure what will happen with that this year. As for a list of cons I know of in the state, and not including things like very small college conventions...

May: Acen
July: Anime Midwest and Soycon (sort of cosplay gathering)
August: Use to be Aniime World, but who knows now...
November: Kollisioncon
December: Anime Apocalypse (might be far for you) and Domo Con (1st year)

Ramencon in Indiana might not be too far for you too. I haven't been there yet, but I keep hearing great things about it so I'll check it out this year. Yes I'm addicted

Getting more back on topic though, anyone around here planning on going to Koroshi Con at NIU tomorrow? I have such low expectations for it that it's not even funny XD At least I can wander around stores in cosplay if I get bored. Friend told me to expect to be disappointed...

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Unread 03-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #170
Neon-Heart417

Galesburg right here, yo!

I'm trying to be able to go both ACen for my first time, and/or Midwest! xc Uguu, I want too badly, but with how close they are date wise, and gradauation soon adnd stuff, it's all asdfghjkl;'
Neon-Heart417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 02:47 AM   #171
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon-Heart417 View Post
Galesburg right here, yo!

I'm trying to be able to go both ACen for my first time, and/or Midwest! xc Uguu, I want too badly, but with how close they are date wise, and gradauation soon adnd stuff, it's all asdfghjkl;'
Hopefully you make it out to one or both. Lol, go to Midwest as a graduation present

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Unread 03-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #172
BlondeSwan
LaCygne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToasterPuppy View Post
I will be attending but I don't have that cosplay (or the time ) but never fear I know that every year I have gone I have seen at least one Vaporeon and last year on Saturday I saw two right around the time of the rave~
Thats perfectly fine! I did happen to see one last year when I went. What are you planning on being this year?

Cosplays So Far This Year:

Raichu
Pokemon Trainer Yellow
Jolteon Gijinkia
Uotani Arisa- Fruits Basket

Cosplays In Progress:

Bellossom Gijinkia
Tamaki Souh-Ouran High School Host Club
Nurse Joy-Pokemon
Alice-Alice in Wonderland
Jack Frost Genderbend (Rise of the Guardians)
BlondeSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #173
Neon-Heart417

Quote:
Hopefully you make it out to one or both. Lol, go to Midwest as a graduation present
Honestly, I probably will.

ACEN is during the school year too, and with that being so far away, Midwest will be my best bet most likely

Just wondering, were you at Anime-ZAP! back in January?
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #174
ToasterPuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeSwan View Post
Thats perfectly fine! I did happen to see one last year when I went. What are you planning on being this year?
I liked the girl who had the bubble gun she seemed like she was having a ton of fun.
But yeah I am being Fix It Felix Jr on Friday and maybe Sunday(easier to drive in), Sister Evelyn from the movie The Fall on Saturday (hoping to enter the masquerade but the rules and limits are way stricter this year) , and my Rave outfit from last year as the March Hare...though most of our group can not come so It will just look like a bunny girl outfit XD Any plans besides your eevee group?
In Progress for 2013 ASTL:
Sister Evelyn from THE FALL (85%)
Fix It Felix JR (85%)
Deviantart: http://moonchildladyshadow.deviantart.com/

Their greatest error was thinking that they could make us into willing puppets who would fill the thankless
role of your everyday villain without complaint... They were wrong!
ToasterPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #175
BlondeSwan
LaCygne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToasterPuppy View Post
I liked the girl who had the bubble gun she seemed like she was having a ton of fun.
But yeah I am being Fix It Felix Jr on Friday and maybe Sunday(easier to drive in), Sister Evelyn from the movie The Fall on Saturday (hoping to enter the masquerade but the rules and limits are way stricter this year) , and my Rave outfit from last year as the March Hare...though most of our group can not come so It will just look like a bunny girl outfit XD Any plans besides your eevee group?
I will be Uo from Fruit's Basket and my cousin and her friend will be Torhu and Hana on Friday. Then on Sunday I'm going to be Pokemon Trainer Yellow. Im not sure what the rest of my group is doing on Sunday, since they live in Illinois and I live in Kansas it's hard to communicate clearly. But I think they will be Pokemon, I'm just not sure which ones. As for my rave costume, my cousin is making it a surprise for me, so I'm not sure what it is XD I'll look forward to seeing you!

Cosplays So Far This Year:

Raichu
Pokemon Trainer Yellow
Jolteon Gijinkia
Uotani Arisa- Fruits Basket

Cosplays In Progress:

Bellossom Gijinkia
Tamaki Souh-Ouran High School Host Club
Nurse Joy-Pokemon
Alice-Alice in Wonderland
Jack Frost Genderbend (Rise of the Guardians)
BlondeSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #176
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon-Heart417 View Post
Honestly, I probably will.

ACEN is during the school year too, and with that being so far away, Midwest will be my best bet most likely

Just wondering, were you at Anime-ZAP! back in January?
No Anime-Zap for me because it was way too far. It would have been about 2 and a half hour drive, and not sure it would be worth it

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #177
spencerb1125

Hey there always been into anime and manga but never got into the convention scene plan on going to acen or anime midwest this year after checking out anime apocalypse. I live in the rockford area. Just looking to meet some new people to talk to and maybe go with if you're interested hit me up =)
spencerb1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #178
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerb1125 View Post
Hey there always been into anime and manga but never got into the convention scene plan on going to acen or anime midwest this year after checking out anime apocalypse. I live in the rockford area. Just looking to meet some new people to talk to and maybe go with if you're interested hit me up =)
I was at Apocalypse too. Did you cosplay as anything there?

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Unread 03-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #179
Neon-Heart417

Quote:
No Anime-Zap for me because it was way too far. It would have been about 2 and a half hour drive, and not sure it would be worth it
It was an okko con. I enjoyed it, but compared to some other's views, it was small. *shrug* Hell if I know though. But I was just wondering cuz there was someone who seemed similar to you xD
Unread 03-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #180
tamachan247

I know this isnt the right place but does anyone have an extra room in their hotel for Acen. I've been searching for a while now and no one seems to have anymore room
tamachan247 is offline   Reply With Quote