Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-05-2012, 03:41 AM   #121
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I didn't go to Kollision this year because it was extremely inconvenient with it being on thanksgiving weekend. I really don't know what they were thinking.

It was ok last year, but due to obligations, couldn't really enjoy it.

If I have a friend going, yeah, I'll go but alone... nope.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #122
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Well if you think Kollision Con was only ok last year, you would of probably hated it this year :/
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #123
WumpaFruit

Idk. I thought Kolli was pretty good this year, the only things that brought it down for me was minor room drama. ;o
Also waiting around while a few events got pushed back.
WumpaFruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #124
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

It just felt lacking to me this year compared to last. I love all the stuff they had going last year. This year was the first con where I actually didn't buy anything, since nothing appealed to me Also, autograph signing for Friday ended up not happening, the karaoke machine they actually had was a little sad and only one mic, gaming room wasn't set up as well and no DDR, and not as many panels that seemed interesting to me at least. I think I went to 2 panels, masquerade and maybe last 10 minutes of a concert :/

Lol, I did end up having some fun though, but most of it was not due to things that the convention had planned. Like going to the Pocky Game thing Friday, finding out it was over, and then doing Gangnam Style since the person running the panel still had the room for another 15 minutes or so ^.^ Also doing Gangnam Style inside Portillo's since we were getting weird looks from people already anyways XD

Lol, I'm sure I'll go back next year though
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #125
WumpaFruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
It just felt lacking to me this year compared to last. I love all the stuff they had going last year. This year was the first con where I actually didn't buy anything, since nothing appealed to me Also, autograph signing for Friday ended up not happening, the karaoke machine they actually had was a little sad and only one mic, gaming room wasn't set up as well and no DDR, and not as many panels that seemed interesting to me at least. I think I went to 2 panels, masquerade and maybe last 10 minutes of a concert :/

Lol, I did end up having some fun though, but most of it was not due to things that the convention had planned. Like going to the Pocky Game thing Friday, finding out it was over, and then doing Gangnam Style since the person running the panel still had the room for another 15 minutes or so ^.^ Also doing Gangnam Style inside Portillo's since we were getting weird looks from people already anyways XD

Lol, I'm sure I'll go back next year though
Yeah, I agree with the panels. But I usualy don't have too much time to go to those anyway.
Also I don't usually spend to much at cons (Only at ACen!!!) I think all I bought was a small print for like a buck. ;u;'
Portillos was awesome, though. Myself and my Mako were getting stared at by a little girl the whole time. We were unsure whether it was because she knew/liked avatar or it it was because we were dresed 'oddly'.. which those outfits aren't even really that bad, haha.
Unread 12-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #126
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WumpaFruit View Post
Yeah, I agree with the panels. But I usualy don't have too much time to go to those anyway.
Also I don't usually spend to much at cons (Only at ACen!!!) I think all I bought was a small print for like a buck. ;u;'
Portillos was awesome, though. Myself and my Mako were getting stared at by a little girl the whole time. We were unsure whether it was because she knew/liked avatar or it it was because we were dresed 'oddly'.. which those outfits aren't even really that bad, haha.
Yes, Acen is my crazy spending. Every other con I'll spend under $30, Acen is like $100-200 XD The awkward looks from people at the Charlestowne mall was great too. Going on the elevators at Carson's for fun, and just staring at people outside the elevator. That and walking through the make up section to get to the rest of the mall! Also that hilarious Panara Bread trip Friday night as well as running around outside in shorts and sandals...Saturday I was dressed normal enough, so people probably weren't really staring at me too much...

Also running into some cosplayers at McDonald's Friday who for the rest of the con became known as our "McDonald's buddies" everytime we saw each other. Lol, even went exploring with them for a bit in the Pheasant Run elevator at one point on Friday, and did the Gangnam Style elevator scene when we were all together. Also found out there's no 13th (or maybe it was 12th?) floor when we decided to go all the way to the top...

This is my fun time at Kollision in a nutshell though, just one of many times playing in the elevators while there XD
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...pe=3&the ater
Unread 12-07-2012, 05:04 AM   #127
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I was thinking, if I really didn't enjoy Kollision, there was always golf.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #128
WumpaFruit

Quote:
Yes, Acen is my crazy spending. Every other con I'll spend under $30, Acen is like $100-200 XD The awkward looks from people at the Charlestowne mall was great too. Going on the elevators at Carson's for fun, and just staring at people outside the elevator. That and walking through the make up section to get to the rest of the mall! Also that hilarious Panara Bread trip Friday night as well as running around outside in shorts and sandals...Saturday I was dressed normal enough, so people probably weren't really staring at me too much...

Also running into some cosplayers at McDonald's Friday who for the rest of the con became known as our "McDonald's buddies" everytime we saw each other. Lol, even went exploring with them for a bit in the Pheasant Run elevator at one point on Friday, and did the Gangnam Style elevator scene when we were all together. Also found out there's no 13th (or maybe it was 12th?) floor when we decided to go all the way to the top...

This is my fun time at Kollision in a nutshell though, just one of many times playing in the elevators while there XD
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...pe=3&the ater
Oh Gosh, haha.
Myself and a friend took some Gangnam style photos too but we haven't gotten them back yet! (I shall pester my photog tonight)
We took like a quarter of kinad serious pics.. then the rest were crack! (Like him riding on my back and stuff, LOL)
I need the pics 'cause I sooo need to update my coscom with my newer costumes, haha. ;u;'
Unread 12-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #129
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WumpaFruit View Post
Oh Gosh, haha.
Myself and a friend took some Gangnam style photos too but we haven't gotten them back yet! (I shall pester my photog tonight)
We took like a quarter of kinad serious pics.. then the rest were crack! (Like him riding on my back and stuff, LOL)
I need the pics 'cause I sooo need to update my coscom with my newer costumes, haha. ;u;'
Yes, need more pictures! I didn't take many pictures in general, because I was just lazy during Kollision :/ I did get a few Gangnam Style videos though, because I know those would be entertaining...to me at least XD

I think I have one actual picture doing Gangnam Style, that someone else took. Was such an awesome picture in the New Orleans area!
Unread 12-19-2012, 12:09 AM   #130
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

So, who here is going to Anime Apocalypse? Went from going one day to now going the whole weekend. Hopefully it's worth it
Unread 12-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #131
Karkles

I'm from St. Louis! There's tons of cosplayers around here. If you're planning on attending Anime STL, then you'll see, haha
Karkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #132
Spaztastic

I'm from Downers Grove, like 30 miles west of Chicago.
I know there's cosplayers in my area, I just don't know any personally :/
Spaztastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #133
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaztastic View Post
I'm from Downers Grove, like 30 miles west of Chicago.
I know there's cosplayers in my area, I just don't know any personally :/
I live about 2 cities away from Downers Grove out in Naperville. Gotta say, Fry's Electronics is amazing for buying anime! ^.^
Unread 12-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #134
Spaztastic

Quote:
I live about 2 cities away from Downers Grove out in Naperville. Gotta say, Fry's Electronics is amazing for buying anime! ^.^
Oh hey! I've got cousins out there.
I've only been in a Fry's once I think...I can't even remember lol.
Spaztastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #135
ToraRaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanaDee View Post
Skokie here! Anyone else live around that area?
Hey me too! Village of Skokie powers activate!
ToraRaven is offline   Reply With Quote