Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #1
gaming_goddess
Metal Gear Geek
 
gaming_goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Question Cosplay Craft Supplies

I am writing to see if anyone knows where I can get the following cosplay craft supplies cheaply in australia (preferably the brisbane area):

Craft Foam/Plastazote
Wonderflex
Resin for mould making
Milliput
Isoflex Clear Primer
Liquid Latex

I would be extremely grateful for any pointers as ebay tends to be expensive due to weights of these things
gaming_goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
Byaren Kenobi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
Hi,

I haven't had to search for the items you need, however, I hope this might help.

Have you tried any of the following:

Riot (has brush on latex, don't know if this is what your after)
Clarks Rubber (has craft foam)
Lincraft
Bunnings/Mitre 10/ Home Hardware


I've heard it's hard to get wonderflex. I've have also heard that some cosplayers in Australia use Polymorph Pellets from Jaycar(but I don't know if they were successful)

Sorry I can't be more helpful or specific.
Byaren Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
gaming_goddess
Metal Gear Geek
 
gaming_goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byaren Kenobi View Post
Hi,

I haven't had to search for the items you need, however, I hope this might help.

Have you tried any of the following:

Riot (has brush on latex, don't know if this is what your after)
Clarks Rubber (has craft foam)
Lincraft
Bunnings/Mitre 10/ Home Hardware


I've heard it's hard to get wonderflex. I've have also heard that some cosplayers in Australia use Polymorph Pellets from Jaycar(but I don't know if they were successful)

Sorry I can't be more helpful or specific.
This is all a massive help I recently moved from the UK so dunno what these items are called out here and google keeps bringing up american and english sites :S But now I can make a start on researching stuff Thanks very much
gaming_goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #4
Vacancy Area
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 28
clarkes rubber, bought some foam from there costed me $50 it was a fairly large piece of foam though, made the armour piece i needed but still tons left over but I am fairly sure online is still cheaper.
Vacancy Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
gaming_goddess
Metal Gear Geek
 
gaming_goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacancy Area View Post
clarkes rubber, bought some foam from there costed me $50 it was a fairly large piece of foam though, made the armour piece i needed but still tons left over but I am fairly sure online is still cheaper.
Still seems pretty cheap for the size of foam they sell Thanks
gaming_goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #6
Melanie
That's right, worship me.
 
Melanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,678
You can get latex and resin from Barnes. It's in Nile St, Woolloongabba.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
gaming_goddess
Metal Gear Geek
 
gaming_goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
You can get latex and resin from Barnes. It's in Nile St, Woolloongabba.
Awesome I'll check this out next time I'm in the city But looking at their website they have everything I need and at a nice cheap price compared to online

Last edited by gaming_goddess : 03-27-2012 at 07:28 PM.
gaming_goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 06:05 AM   #8
DingDing
Registered User
 
DingDing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 210
Thanks heaps for making this thread, its difficult finding the right supplies out here. I wish we had Walmarts!
Anyway.... Lincraft has craft foam, though where I live the sheets are only 1 or 2mm and in A4 squares. But someone already said that...
__________________
While I continue to live, I need a reason.
I exist to kill all humans other than myself.
-Gaara

My da: http://allebasi-ding.deviantart.com/

Cosplays:

Cosplays:
ANBU Naruto
Lucy - Elfen Lied
SNJ Neji
Gaara (Chunin) - Naruto
Alice - Resident Evil: Apocalypse (WIP)
DingDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #9
gaming_goddess
Metal Gear Geek
 
gaming_goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingDing View Post
Thanks heaps for making this thread, its difficult finding the right supplies out here. I wish we had Walmarts!
Anyway.... Lincraft has craft foam, though where I live the sheets are only 1 or 2mm and in A4 squares. But someone already said that...
The thin stuff is good for making armor patterns though Until I can hunt down the thicker stuff. Once I've got all the answers though I'll probably make a sticky of all the places that are good for cosplay craft
gaming_goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.