Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 03-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
TheCosplayFox

Haruko FLCL

Okay I literally just finished this costume and put it on for a quick test run. Excuse my face I'm sleep deprived and I wasn't going to put makeup on for a 2 minute picture. Anyways I'm going to be wearing this costume this weekend so any critique would be great. If I can make any small changes to make it better let me know so poke at anything I don't mind even if it's not something that I can't fix by this weekend like getting a new wig for example as I plan to cosplay as her one more time after I complete her bass and what not.

I forgot to wear the scarf for the picture's and I plan to try and make the call bracelet tonight so don't say anything about that.

here's how she looks
http://images.wikia.com/bzpowerbattl...o_Haruhara.gif
http://rhapsodistreviews.files.wordp...cl-haruko1.jpg
http://www.scenicreflections.com/fil...aper__yvt2.jpg

here is me
http://thecosplayfox.deviantart.com/#/d4ucpzr
TheCosplayFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
Penlowe

looks good!

The gloves look good, but loose, (just thinking about wearing it all day as opposed to the costume aspect proper). did you know you can take in gloves just like you can take in a blouse or a dress? it's a bit more nit-picky, but possible to get a good fit. tighten each finger individually down the outside seam, trim after you've stitched them tighter. if the fingers are too long just carry that tighten seam up over the top of each finger tip.
Penlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
TheCosplayFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penlowe View Post
looks good!

The gloves look good, but loose, (just thinking about wearing it all day as opposed to the costume aspect proper). did you know you can take in gloves just like you can take in a blouse or a dress? it's a bit more nit-picky, but possible to get a good fit. tighten each finger individually down the outside seam, trim after you've stitched them tighter. if the fingers are too long just carry that tighten seam up over the top of each finger tip.
Oh my gosh, Thanks so much I didn't want to make the glove's cause lets face it gloves are just icky to make xP so I bought them but I have very very small hands I can wear children's glove's. Plus I couldn't find any fabric in the proper color and that had the proper texture locally and didn't have time to order online. I didn't really think about taking them in I'm going to do that tonight for sure. Do you happen to know if it changes at all if the glove's are leather? since these are real leather glove's I got them for pretty cheap off of someone her on coscom thankfully.
Unread 03-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Penlowe

http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v794...hp?page_id=181
I have this pattern, but I've been a bit chicken to try it....
Unread 03-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
Penlowe

Turn them inside out, pinch them for tightness & mark them (ball point pen works pretty good on leather and usually won't soak through- felt tips WILL don't use a Sharpie!). I'd hand sew them to tighten them up, leather or otherwise, the only difference is the needle you use.

I have short thumbs, even gloves that fit me are often way too long in the thumbs, drives me crazy.

You've inspired me, i think I'll dig out that pattern and give it a shot...
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
TheCosplayFox

I have that smart pattern somewhere though I've only used it to make the long gloves. I think from now on I'm going to make my own gloves it's to hard to find the proper stuff in the children's section and I end up having to spend forever altering them anyways.
Unread 04-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
Thearah
Is the Smexy Fran

The problem I had with Glove patterns, that even the X-Large size was still waaaaayyy too smal for my hands, and altering it was difficult. Sooo... keep that in mind, I suppose.

Officer Jenny ---> 80%
Thearah is offline   Reply With Quote