Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 01-16-2016, 01:04 PM   #1
riannajaye

Game recommendations for PS3 or Vita

I was just gifted a $20 credit to the PSN store and I also just bought myself a PS3.
So far the only games I have on the PS3 are all the games included in the MGS Legacy collection (I've never played any of them before and my friends are obsessed so I figured I'd give it a try).

My favorite games are Danganronpa, Zero Escape series, Ace Attorney, Catherine, Bioshock (all three), and Persona 3 & 4 to give you an idea of what I like.

I love horror (especially psychological horror) and visual novel inspired games (but not necessarily straight up VNs).

All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!!

Last edited by riannajaye : 01-16-2016 at 01:07 PM. Reason: addition
riannajaye is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-17-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Persona 4 Golden is the same as Persona 4, but with added content..I recommend that.
Also, Since you like Event/Dungeon Crawler games (Persona games are this exact thing, except the ones I'm about to say don't have the persona style summon attacks.), I highly Recommend the Hyperdimension Neptunia series. Re;birth1 - 3 are all Vita remakes of their PS3 counterparts, but with a ton of added content. They even have what they call a "remake system"where you can add things. They also have a spin of titled Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection. It's an Idol Sim game where you make one or more of the main characters into an Idol and you act as producer for them. You play as yourself and they talk to you as yourself. The other "Sim" Spin off is Hyperdivotion Noire, where you play as Noire's Secritary and you have to help her save her nation. You also play as yourself, like the last one, but there are tactical RPG battles in this game.

Also since you like the persona series, I think you'd like Mind 0, and Dungeon Travelers 2 (idk what 1 is on) for Vita as well. Both are also similar to Persona, but Mind 0 is literally just like it.

For PS3, Obviously the Hyperdimension Neptunia games that the vita ones are the remakes to..But Disgaea might be something you might like. I'd also recommend Trinity Universe and Mugen Souls (And it's sequel "Mugen Souls Z"). Both similar to all the stuff I mentioned at the top.

Not sure if you'd like these or not but the Atelier franchise is good (I personally like Atelier Rorona best and it's a PS3 one while a lot of them are PS2. Also, Trinity Universe is a mix of Disgaea and Atelier characters with some original characters added in. But in the Atelier series you learn alchemy and then have battles in the field for items you need to do said alchemy.
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-IF (Hyperdimension neptunia Re;Birth:1)
-Gohan (GBZ SSJ1 Cell Saga beat Up)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2016, 02:47 PM   #3
riannajaye

Thanks for the suggestions! I've heard good things about the Atelier series and I was a bit interested in it, so I'll probably consider getting one of those.
riannajaye is offline   Reply With Quote