Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Makeup/Eye Contacts Review

Unread 09-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
Seraphy
Nagare~

Review: 9mm SFX Custom Anime Gold Lens

Name of Product: No official name. I was merely instructed to order the Anime Gold and request to match a reference picture.
Where Purchased: http://www.9mmsfx.com/index2.html
Product Description: Completely opaque colored lenses that was custom fit to my prescription (14 DIA, 8.4 BC, -6.50 PWR). The lenses themselves feel like they have a bit of thickness and weight to them.
Pros: Completely comfortable. When wearing them, I don't feel them at all, like my regular every day lenses. Color shows regardless of my dark cola eyes.
Cons: There is a slight "tunnel" vision as they mention in their FAQ. For me in particular, I can see a bit of yellow haze around my vision. I can still see fine, but it reminds me that they're still there.
Overall Rating: 10

I've been hearing of horror stories on these forums regarding 9mm SFX recently. Although I only had one experience, it was a positive one. I ordered before they changed their ordering method and policy. Didn't have much issue with my optometrist. I merely had to go and request a prescription card with my information on there. Took a picture of it and sent it to the folks at 9mm SFX, along with my optometrist's name and number.

Order was completed 8/20, and I received them on 9/26.

I was rather peeved that they changed the price of the contacts shortly after I ordered though. Felt like computer part deals, where the moment you order something, it becomes cheaper. But I've always wanted to buy some lenses from them, and I'd say it was worth it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-09-27-16.08.11.jpg (42.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg aMXPTG0.jpg (84.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Seraphy : 09-29-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Seraphy is offline   Reply With Quote