Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 11-06-2002, 01:09 PM   #1
YuffieBunny
Machine Head

Lightbulb Dir en Grey cosplayers needed!

my friend and i are trying to get together a Dir en grey cosplay group for Otakon! We always see Malice Mizer ones... and like Kyo's walking around but NEVER the whole Diru band. I'm already kyo, and my friend is going as Shinya, we THINK we have someone for Toshiya but i'm not possitive on that, if any one is willing to help us out and be Kaoru or Die... and maybe Toshiya if the spot opens that'd be soooo wonderful!! thank u =P

YuffieBunny.com
YuffieBunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-06-2002, 02:05 PM   #2
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Well, I'm planning to have a DeG group there myself, but I'm missing at least a Kyo (who quit) and possibly a Die (won't know until we have a date). But we've got a Shinya, a Kaoru and a Toshiya. Though our Kaoru is 4'10" and my Shinya is 6'0" and I'm 5'6" so we plan to look completely ridiculous together. If nothing else maybe we could all do a group photo.

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2002, 02:12 PM   #3
YuffieBunny
Machine Head

hey now that would be fun. the person who's Shinya wont be with me the whole time, since he helps out at the cons a lot and has to run around and such *right? O_o;* lolly. i'd be more than happi to join as your Kyo... if you'd let me ^_^

YuffieBunny.com
Unread 11-06-2002, 08:31 PM   #4
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Whoa, you got an actual guy to be your Shinya? Did you have to hit him over the head, or did he respond favorably to bribes? Definitely we should get together.

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Unread 11-06-2002, 08:41 PM   #5
YuffieBunny
Machine Head

ehehe yes, he ONLY cosplays female rolls usually... but his friend kinda talked him into doing Shinya, and since Shinya is so femm he realli doesn't have a problem with it. woo, we must get together at the con, i'll gladly be your groups Kyo if you want me to, i have pics of what the costume looks like so far, i just need to fix up a decal on the skirt and get a wig ^_^

YuffieBunny.com
Unread 11-06-2002, 08:57 PM   #6
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

I wouldn't even say we actually have "a group." After I did my Toshiya outfit, I decided I wanted to do some more, so I managed to talk some of my more game friends into coming to Otakon with me and wearing my costumes. They don't usually cosplay and I've had to force them to listen to a few songs just so they know what they're supposed to be doing. *siiigh* So while we may not be "a group" we will be "wandering around in a clump looking cool" (if I do my job right) and in that sense you are more than welcome to join us!

Any other DeG cosplayers out there interested in wandering around in a clump looking cool with us?

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Unread 11-06-2002, 09:00 PM   #7
YuffieBunny
Machine Head

hehehe you sound so put together ^_^ sometimes the ones that aren't planned look the best though! and i'm sure we can pull off some uber sexy diru! wandering is always fun, i do it in hopes i get my picture taken mwahahaaha... iie... now i'm starting to sound like Totchi... hehehe

YuffieBunny.com
Unread 11-06-2002, 09:02 PM   #8
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Quote:
Originally posted by YuffieBunny
hehehe you sound so put together ^_^ sometimes the ones that aren't planned look the best though! and i'm sure we can pull off some uber sexy diru! wandering is always fun, i do it in hopes i get my picture taken
Hee. Yeah, me too. I'm so vain.

We are so not put together. Well, I am, but I've had plenty of time to gather all of my pieces. Again... my Kaoru... is less than five feet tall (though I like the outfit so much that I'm making another one in my size at the same time). It just makes me laugh. My six-foot Shinya is in Texas at the moment, but she'll be visiting me over Christmas so with any luck I can get her dress made then.

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Unread 11-06-2002, 09:14 PM   #9
YuffieBunny
Machine Head

still that's awesome!! ehehehe kyo will be taller than kaoru hahahahaa that'll be so great for some photos. *evil thoughts*

i just wanted to clear things up though... are you okay with yaoi photos? cuz we'll all be dressed as guys so it'll be yaoi... nothing like WOW but ya know those kawaii poses of hugs and such, since i've gotten the Kyo costume made me and my friends have been driving our selves crazy looking for people to do some yaoi type photos with, cuz yeah.... seeing the diru members like that is yumi ^_^

if it's not okay i understand! lolly, i wont force any one to do anything they wont want to but it's an idea. okay i'll shut up now *crawls over to scratching post*

YuffieBunny.com
Unread 11-06-2002, 09:18 PM   #10
soshi
onna kaizoku

mmmmmm my friends (er, cosplay group XD) and I are doing a full Kisou Dir en grey group... but.. for AX. ^^; you might wanna snoop around the various jrock cosplay mls for Otakon cosplayers...

And yes, this means you.
soshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2002, 09:21 PM   #11
YuffieBunny
Machine Head

Hai, i have a bunch of people i know online through LJ who are going to be doing some Diru groups. i might be at AX next year, not sure though, depends on how my money is XD

YuffieBunny.com
Unread 11-06-2002, 09:25 PM   #12
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Quote:
Originally posted by YuffieBunny

i just wanted to clear things up though... are you okay with yaoi photos?
heck yes.

I was hanging around a cute Kyo at AnimeFest and telling passersby "Yaoi? Yuri? You decide!"

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Unread 11-06-2002, 09:27 PM   #13
YuffieBunny
Machine Head

LMAO okies awesome! i wasn't sure and i usually hate asking cuz then i get mad at myself if i scare the person away... i duno why they wouldn't like diru yaoi? *smirk* hehehehe

YuffieBunny.com
Unread 11-06-2002, 10:32 PM   #14
shiroi_yukiko
has helmet hair

I wish I was going to Otakon! But I will be at AX in all my Toshiya glory wandering around with my little Kyo...
Etsy Shop
shiroi_yukiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2002, 04:33 AM   #15
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I'm doing Shinya for A-kon.. meaning I'll have it by Otakon.. if anyone wants to do a big Dir en grey group. XD I'll be at AX too.. Whee!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote