Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 04-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #31
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Rainbowgasm, the information is easily found on the CC32 website.

http://www.costumecon32.com/

Right now, passes are $75 (they get more expensive over time). Keep in mind that's for ~4 days of programming, from April 25 through 28th; I think AN was $60(?) for the weekend pass as a comparison. There's also a new group discount - buy three get one free. So if you had 3 friends who also wanted to go, it'd be $225 for all 4 of you (about $55ea, which is comparable with AN, and a good deal for a CostumeCon/WorldCon type event).

Also, depending on age:
Youth 10-17: $25

Kozo, I personally have no idea who is handling media and only have the AN website for reference. The only other thing I can suggest is sending a message to someone else on the list who might be able to point you in the right direction.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!

Last edited by Eleryth : 04-26-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: add'l info
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #32
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleryth View Post
Rainbowgasm, the information is easily found on the CC32 website.

http://www.costumecon32.com/

Right now, passes are $75 (they get more expensive over time). Keep in mind that's for ~4 days of programming, from April 25 through 28th; I think AN was $60(?) for the weekend pass as a comparison. There's also a new group discount - buy three get one free. So if you had 3 friends who also wanted to go, it'd be $225 for all 4 of you (about $55ea, which is comparable with AN, and a good deal for a CostumeCon/WorldCon type event).

Also, depending on age:
Youth 10-17: $25

Kozo, I personally have no idea who is handling media and only have the AN website for reference. The only other thing I can suggest is sending a message to someone else on the list who might be able to point you in the right direction.
Alright, thanks!
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #33
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

Is there an awards ceremony to watch after the masquerade is over? A friend and I cannot find any information about it, when it is, where it is held at, or if there is one being held at all.
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #34
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
Is there an awards ceremony to watch after the masquerade is over? A friend and I cannot find any information about it, when it is, where it is held at, or if there is one being held at all.
Well, there's an announcement of the winners, but not official awards ceremony as such. We have a general time, but it's not a strict deadline because we allow our judges as long as they need to decide on the awards. It's usually around midnight in the main ballroom, after the 404s late-night-improv/adult-improv (or in the middle of their performance). We announce and call up whomever is still around. If they are not there, they can pick up awards at the Masquerade Office on Sunday.

Unread 04-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #35
section8
Madness, I say

My family has worked together to create Spirited Away costumes. We have 2 in the Junior division, along with at least one other competing in Journeyman/Artisan. Would it make sense to have us as one group due to our theme, or do we need to divide up into at least 2 groups for competition/judging reasons?

(and if one group, can we request to be early in the Masquerade due to the age of the Juniors?)
section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #36
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Quote:
(and if one group, can we request to be early in the Masquerade due to the age of the Juniors?)
I'll answer the easy one first. Yes, this is likely able to be accommodated. Be sure to write it on your registration form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8 View Post
My family has worked together to create Spirited Away costumes. We have 2 in the Junior division, along with at least one other competing in Journeyman/Artisan. Would it make sense to have us as one group due to our theme, or do we need to divide up into at least 2 groups for competition/judging reasons?
Did the juniors make their own costumes, or did the adults make most of them? How old are they? Would the juniors want workmanship judging, and if so, would they be able to speak to the judges on their own, or would you prefer going as a family? It can be arranged with enough notice the day of, when you enter the green room.

Since the costumes are all in one theme, you're definitely welcome to compete as one group at the higher level (which I assume is the competition level of one of the parents involved), if that's what you'd prefer to do. If the parents made most of the costumes and the juniors are more like models, should a major award be won at the high level, the juniors needn't needn't compete as Journeymen/Artisans in the future. (You're welcome to speak to us in person, or PM or email me AT masquerade AT animenorth.com, if you have questions.)

Unread 04-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #37
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleryth View Post
Well, there's an announcement of the winners, but not official awards ceremony as such. We have a general time, but it's not a strict deadline because we allow our judges as long as they need to decide on the awards. It's usually around midnight in the main ballroom, after the 404s late-night-improv/adult-improv (or in the middle of their performance). We announce and call up whomever is still around. If they are not there, they can pick up awards at the Masquerade Office on Sunday.
oh I guess if its being announced during the adult-only show we will have to wait til Sunday, my partner isn't of age :S
Unread 05-13-2012, 12:17 AM   #38
Rei-Azalia

I have never been to a masquerade. :c
What are they like and what happens in them?
Rei-Azalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #39
color
Phantom Detective

It's basically a big hall with a stage and a million chairs. Everyone watches as people (anyone can sign up) go on the stage to show their cosplay costume creations. Kind of like a fashion show runway. Could be a single person or a group.

And there's judges and winners in various divisions.
Unread 05-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #40
Rei-Azalia

thank you! c:
i'd attend but i am already scrimping for my merch.
Rei-Azalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #41
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Azalia View Post
thank you! c:
i'd attend but i am already scrimping for my merch.
it doesn't cost anything to attend, but you do have to get a special ticket at the masquerade desk...
Unread 05-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #42
SephirothnJenov

If you wouldnt mind. Please tell me where to register my costume since I havent gone to this con before. Email the answer at Cosplayersforcons@gmail.com

William Cosplay
Philadelphia, PA
SephirothnJenov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #43
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothnJenov View Post
If you wouldnt mind. Please tell me where to register my costume since I havent gone to this con before. Email the answer at Cosplayersforcons@gmail.com

William Cosplay
Philadelphia, PA
Registration takes place at the convention - we don't accept preregistrations. You can read all about it at the Anime North Masquerade page. You'll have to print off a form, fill it out, and hand it in to the Masquerade Office (South Lobby of the Doubletree).

Unread 05-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #44
icevalkyrie7
Cosplay advisor

I'm kinda glad there are prizes added now for the best ones... over the years it's all about bragging rights :P
Unread 05-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #45
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

^ That was fine with me but winning a wig of your choice is SO much more helpful for next year!!!

Probably won't win anything this year as I'm in Artisan and it doesn't matter about how much work anymore but rather how jaw dropping you costume is, but Here I go anyways! lol

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Win a Ticket to FanExpo!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 05-22-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote