Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 05-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #61
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijugal View Post

Awards listings are in the Official Anime North Forums here: http://teahouseofthemaplemoon.yuku.com/topic/4068

Ani_BEE I'll suspect it was simply a clerical error of some kind.
I'll have a look at your sheet tomorrow and let you know.

I don't think anybody would think you'd sandbag and I still maintain
your costumes were lovely on stage and awardable.

Ahhh, thank you. I feel bad for the judges to as they were miss lead when awarding.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #62
no-more-thread
Rabbits riding Motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8 View Post
Could contact info be provided for the photographer that took photos after each entry was onstage? We didn't receive a card from them, and are interested in getting some of the shots taken.

Thanks
Moi aussi!
no-more-thread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #63
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
Ahhh, thank you. I feel bad for the judges to as they were miss lead when awarding.

I looked at your reg form and you didn't fill out your division. You were probably mistaken for a novice in your stage notes due to this omission.

As for your Stage Award, do not feel bacd. I was the main push behind you getting it and I feel I would have pushed as hard if you were in Artisan.

Cheers!

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com

Last edited by Kaijugal : 05-30-2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #64
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:

I looked at your reg form and you didn't fill out your division. You were probably mistaken for a novice in your stage notes due to this omission.

As for your Stage Award, do not feel back. I was the main push behind you getting it and I feel I would have pushed as hard if you were in Artisan.

Cheers!
What is a stage award?

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #65
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
What is a stage award?

It's the awards given by the Stage Judges, (the ones that watch you on stage, and judge how your costume shows on stage: overall look, atmosphere, characterization, impression, how it preforms, etc), as opposed to the workmanship judges, (who look close up for things one might not see from stage view, and who discuss the techniques and process the contestants used and award them for good craftsmanship or innovative techniques. They also look at accuracy for media & historical recreations or reward creativity when regarding original designs..)

Stage Judges are sometimes called the "presentation judges" which is a misnomer as they are still judging a costume contest primarily not a singing and dancing talent show.

I hope this is helpful. Cheers!

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com

Last edited by Kaijugal : 05-30-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #66
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Got yah. But any chance would you say it's fair to list my award as Most Elegant Artisan instead of Novice or just drop the class all together.

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Unread 05-31-2012, 12:57 PM   #67
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:

It's the awards given by the Stage Judges, (the ones that watch you on stage, and judge how your costume shows on stage: overall look, atmosphere, characterization, impression, how it preforms, etc), as opposed to the workmanship judges, (who look close up for things one might not see from stage view, and who discuss the techniques and process the contestants used and award them for good craftsmanship or innovative techniques. They also look at accuracy for media & historical recreations or reward creativity when regarding original designs..)

Stage Judges are sometimes called the "presentation judges" which is a misnomer as they are still judging a costume contest primarily not a singing and dancing talent show.

I hope this is helpful. Cheers!
Very. Surprised since once I was on stage I couldn't see a thing with the light in my eyes (not you guys, I just have bad eyesight and the astigmatism made everything look like giant novas ready to implode) so couldn't see the stage at all.... so I just stood in one spot and hobbled around. Pretty sure I did massive herp derping on stage. lol. :3

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 01:09 PM   #68
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Even with my sight I have only make out silhouettes for the most part then the judges table are all washed out on tone every year. Bright light indeed *_*

We need to get you a pair of clear rimmed glasses if you go on stage again. I felt bad because your seem disoriented. ^_^

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
Unread 05-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #69
Rock nam Lee
Saiyan Photographer

I've got my masq photos up here:
http://eleventhphotograph.com/events...12-masquerade/
Rock nam Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #70
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

I <3 you! it's going to be really hard to find photo of my costume so I appropriate it.

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:39 PM   #71
Anaira

I feel like I should point out that the number written with this entry is wrong:

Quote:
Best Novice Tailoring – 25 – Ghost Trick Cast
My entry number was 25, the giant group of people was 24
Anime North 2014
ColossalCon 2014
Anime Expo 2014
Fan Expo 2014
Anaira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #72
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Trying to update with information and having issues, but I think I figured it out. It seems it won't let me post with a link to facebook's gallery to share the photos. You'll have to wait until I can post that link to the Teahouse, or try and google him. Alex Kung was our official photographer.

Ani_bee, no worries. Fixed the Official list at the Teahouse.

Tailoring winner was Maid Gunner. Congrats Anaira! Fixed the official list.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!

Last edited by Eleryth : 06-03-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #73
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

I was entry 66 (The Star) and I had to get a friend to pick up my awards on Sunday because I was busy with something else.

My friend (entry 60) only picked up the best journeyman workmanship certificate and ribbon. I didn't get the honorable mention stuff, my prize, or our polaroids, so I'm just wondering what's happening with that? I understand that the staff is probably still busy sorting stuff out, so I'd appreciate it if someone could PM or email me when it's worked out. =)

Thanks to all the staff involved! It was a great experience~

Otakuthon: Ashe(League of Legends), Artwork (Nardack illustrations)

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

KakeraのTsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #74
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Re: Pics/Polaroids
We had an issue with picture printing this year (one of the pre-Masquerade tech issues we had to contend with) and thus the 'polaroids' were actually just printed on paper, not even photo paper, and got sort of mangled during the judging process so we recycled them. You can, however, find the photos taken by Alex Kung in his Facebook gallery. If you want larger res images, you can contact him through Facebook or email him (email me to get his address, I don't want to splash it all over the internet without his permission). He can probably send you one with your entry number as well if you really wanted it.

Re: Awards that weren't picked up
We don't ship ribbons out unless there are extenuating circumstances (too expensive sometimes); we will, however, have them at the Masquerade Office next year and they can be picked up then or, if you're in the GTA, we can make arrangements to meet sometime. I know winners likely want them ASAP, but on Con Sunday we have to clean up the Masq Office and so supplies went back into the AN Storage Locker, for which we do not have a key and thus have to make arrangements with the person who does to let us in. We can try for July as we might be able to pick some up at the Post-Con meeting in a few weeks. If you'd like to meet up or discuss getting your award to you, please email your information (contact info, entry number, entry title, the award you won) to masquerade AT animenorth.com.

The same goes for the certificates - our certificate paper is in one of our supply boxes in the storage locker. These are a lot lighter and way less bulky, though, so we don't have issues mailing those out. If you didn't get your certificate and would like it mailed, please email me your contact info, your entry number, and your award.

Your patience is greatly appreciated. And I'm not just sayin' that to be polite. It really is. Especially post-con when we're all in recovery. lol

Just to reiterate: Email is the best way to reach me. I can't check cosplay.com from work, and I don't check every day. Email address is masquerade AT animenorth.com

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote