Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.
Unread 01-19-2004, 08:00 PM   #1
Flowery

Fruits Basket/Furuba cosplay

Last edited by Flowery : 10-14-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Flowery is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-19-2004, 09:13 PM   #2
Winry
Nyao! :3

After I watch an anime there's a 40% chance I'll do cosplay of a character from it. I'll think about doing it, but never really get around to it. I can get sorta lazy sometimes..n_n;;
Unread 01-19-2004, 09:46 PM   #3
Scortia

*points at gallery* Been there, got a posse, done that ;p Now I hope to make my own New Years Haru design sometime at the end of the year... just because the designs for Momiji's and Hatori's in the manga were gorgeous... and it'd be original... Anyone wanna Trenchcoat-version Haru ? I'll probably sell him some time this year ;p

Last edited by Scortia : 01-19-2004 at 09:49 PM.
Unread 01-20-2004, 10:10 AM   #4
Flowery

Unread 01-20-2004, 02:44 PM   #5
Scortia

I remember seeing photos of a huge Kyou cat at Anime Expo 2003
Unread 01-20-2004, 03:18 PM   #6
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

I've been planning on doing a Tohru costume for a long time, since I've got my little Kyo to pose with...can't very well take him to cons (although he'd just sleep the whole time in my arms...very obedient well behaved cat), but I was planning on finding a photographer in the area (like the kind who does senior pics) because my senior pics were paid for by my mother who wouldn't let me cosplay for them...or even wear my normal clothes for one pose. I almost bid on the Tohru costume Rogue had for sale last year, but then I had no money (college student). Hers was awesome, but I bet if I looked around I could find another one on ebay thats at least decent. I've already got enough costumes to work on to keep me busy, I just wanted to inclde my Kyo in the photoshoot. ^_^
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2004, 04:41 PM   #7
Flowery

Unread 01-20-2004, 07:52 PM   #8
SaiyenGirl
Butterfly

I was thinking of cosplaying Kagura, but not now since I've got way too many other costumes with deadlines on them. I actually found a pair of pants and a shirt in my closet that look exactly like Kyo's regular everyday outfit (the dark green pants and black shirt), so maybe I'll do a fem ver. of Kyo, who knows. Absolutely love Fruits Basket, I can't wait to get around to doing a costume from it.

Crane!Yuuko [xxxHolic] / Butterfly!Yuuko [xxxHolic] / San [Princess Mononoke]

SaiyenGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2004, 08:03 PM   #9
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

I'm seriously thinking of doing another little-kid crossplay and cosplaying as Momiji, if I manage to get my Kohaku, Death, and Phibrizzo costumes done first. The only things that are really holding me back are the complexity and expensiveness of one of my higher-priority costumes (meaning it'll take longer to finish and I might not have enough money left over) and my quest to find a good costume of his that DOESN'T involve bright orange, since that color is truly horrendous on me.

Funny thing, I was watching Furuba about ten minutes ago right before my dad kicked me off the TV...too bad I don't have any DVDs but the first, and I deleted all my fansubs like a good little girl so I'll have to spend money to find a Momiji outfit that doesn't involve bright yellow or bright orange. Egads.

Last edited by Hanyaan : 01-20-2004 at 08:07 PM.
Hanyaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2004, 08:14 PM   #10
kelldar
kelldar the barbarian

I'm nearly finished with my Tohru for katsucon... I usually don't like doing school uniforms but I'm so excited to be going as Tohru!
I actually have a random, thrown-together Hatsuharu costume that I've never taken pictures of. Actually I dont' even think I've had it all on at the same time ever...
Unread 01-20-2004, 08:38 PM   #11
Winry
Nyao! :3

I forgot to mention I made a Tohru school uniform costume for Otakon '03. My friend match together some clothes for Momiji, but I think she should have went with his school uniform instead.
Unread 01-20-2004, 09:13 PM   #12
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

Furuba is one of my absolute faves! I've cosplayed as Tohru (and I probably will again, since it's so comfortable ^^). Here's a pic of it: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....t=500 &page=1

I almost did Tohru in that puffy lemomy lolita dress she wears in episode 19 (I think), but I lost interest.

There was a transformed Kyou and Momiji at AX this year. They were both so adorable! I have a few pics from the AX Furuba gathering on my cosplay site (hint: click on "packs her bags" ^^)

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2004, 09:27 PM   #13
Tora
Agent IY

Woo! I've got a list to finish right now, but I really want to do a Hatsuharu outfit (white-trench and all). I LOVE his style! And I've already got ideas for the hair.

Definately something I'm going to consider for AMA and/or Otakon.

AoC.com

M*Y*V
Tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2004, 09:45 PM   #14
Flowery

Last edited by Flowery : 10-14-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Unread 01-20-2004, 10:28 PM   #15
Hitori
Tra la la

That's an adorable Toru^_^ I've done an Ayame miself, and a Kagura for a friend. I *heart* Ayame, he's mi animated, male self. In the works are a few more of his manga outfits, his wedding dress, and his high school uniform - purple coat outfit. Ya~y for Ayame XD