Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.
Unread 05-10-2005, 09:16 PM   #166
Koronue
Zero Gravity

Wow...yay, this thread is still alive. Didn't want to just come in and post on a dead thread...^^'

Well, I won't be a liar coming in and saying I'm planning on working on my own Fruits Basket cosplay anytime soon cause I'm not, I just have this bad habit of promising people I'll cosplay something for groups before I've even thought it through so now I have this long list of other cosplays I need to finish first. *sigh* Oh well, it isn't so bad, if I didn't promise other people, I'm so lazy and such a procrastinator, I'd probably NEVER get any costumes done. ANYway, point being, while I don't plan on working on my FB cosplay anytime SOON, it is something I'd really love to do someday, and while I'm here now, I might as well get some information on it, right? Never too early to start.

I already know who I'd want to cosplay, my one and only Ritsu. XD Love that little guy....Only thing is I have a problem. I COMPLETELY prefer his 'guy-ish' outfit to his kimono type thing he wears when you first see him, it's just, that outfit is SO simple, I doubt it'd be recgonizable. I'm already having an issue with simple costumes like that this year ( this year for Fanime I'll be cosplaying Suguru from Gravitation, check out his outfit, pink dress shirt and black pants....plaaaaiin ) and I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas for making it a bit more recgonizable, or maybe more interesting? I know there really isn't much I can do with it, but I figured it was worth a try. If not him, I could always do Akito....oh well.
Koronue is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-12-2005, 02:33 PM   #167
sarabug

hey guys! i just finished up my kisa costume for animazement...i'd planned on putting it together last year, but just never got around to it...the little slippers are the best part, it's sooooo cozy to run around in! definitely a late night pajama type costume...
my kisa costume

sarabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2005, 08:38 PM   #168
Tess
Cupcake Rufflebutt

OMG, that's SO CUTE, sarabug! *smoosh* You're the most adorable Kisa!

Once Otakon is over and finished with, I've planned an Akito cosplay. Might wear it briefly for Anime USA, but it is definitely planned for Katsucon. ^__^ Absolutely LOVE the character. Argh, love it, love it, love it. [Course, I can't say much. Major manga spoiler, hee. ^_~] Akito must be one of the most comfortable characters to wear for a con, too. All you have to do is lay around for pictures, LOL.

@-->--- Tess

deviantartacpfacebook
Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2005, 04:59 PM   #169
Mina-chan
Sakuracon Attendee

I went with my friend Chi-chan to Sakuracon last month as Ayame and Yuki. ^^ Although people kept referring to me as "Hey! Isn't that Yuki's brother?" I guess it went well.
Unread 05-20-2005, 02:21 PM   #170
seira-chan
I'm not QUITE dead...

Haaa........
I'm working on Tohru's summer uniform, and I finally have fabric, so that is a very good thing. I need tips on how to make a box-pleated skirt, though, so if anyone can help...? Anyway, I'm also working on a Momiji costume for my sister (the pink one), and I might convince my friends to go to AMA as Shigure and Mitsuru (it would be adorable!), but I have no idea how I would pull it off. *sigh* Anyone going to AMA? If so, PLEASE write about it. I think since such a big group went last year, some people are reluctant to cosplay Furuba... I'm not though!

Costumes made: Madison/Tomoyo AMA4, Kamiya Kaoru AMA5, Poe Merchant AMA6, Alucard (Girlycard) AMA 8

Currently: Tweaking Girlycard for Nekocon - the wig, darts in the jacket, pants... and I need red eyes. And a Tommy gun.
seira-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2005, 02:14 PM   #171
seira-chan
I'm not QUITE dead...

Quote:
I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas for making it a bit more recgonizable, or maybe more interesting? I know there really isn't much I can do with it, but I figured it was worth a try.
Koronue - I think you could make Ritsu's costume more recognizable if you had a monkey plushie, or something like that to say "THIS IS RITSU!" Also, if you want, you could always launch into a huge apology if you, say, step on someone's foot by accident - "I'MMMMM SOOOO SOOORRRRYYYY!! I HAVE HARMED YOUR WONDERFUL TOES BY STEPPING ON THEM OH SO INCONSIDERATELY!! PLEASE, STEP ON MINE SO THAT I MAY FEEL PAIN LIKE I HAVE CAUSED YOUUUU!! I'MMM SOOO SOOOOORRRRRYYYY!!!"

Costumes made: Madison/Tomoyo AMA4, Kamiya Kaoru AMA5, Poe Merchant AMA6, Alucard (Girlycard) AMA 8

Currently: Tweaking Girlycard for Nekocon - the wig, darts in the jacket, pants... and I need red eyes. And a Tommy gun.
Unread 06-02-2005, 09:42 AM   #172
Garuda_Aiacos
Waitin 4 Behemoth Violate

Has anyone done Hanajima's Middle School Uniforms?

Ever since I start reading the Manga (a local company is publishing it in English but with the original cover design I think), I fell in love with Hana. Got her Summer and Winter Uniforms done and now I'm aiming for her Middle School ones, other than her Cemetary Visit Dress (Manga version) and Cloak.

But for her first Middle School Uniform, is it Dark Blue like one used for the "standard" Japanese School Uniform with the tie red (see this design on Japanese Greeting Cards to Jenny Doll). Has this part (her backstory) been made into the Anime yet so there might be screencaps of it somewhere?
Garuda_Aiacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2005, 07:25 PM   #173
seira-chan
I'm not QUITE dead...

Umm... I think I figured out Hana's uniform. The anime doesn't go that far into the story, but in episode six, Arisa has a flashback to middle school, and the uniform was dark blue with a red tie (if I remembered it right!) Also, it kind of confused me at first, but Hana paints her nails dark blue to match her uniform, because she say's it's not black, but Obaba paints them black for her anyway. ^_^ So, yeah, you're right! I would look for screencaps of Arisa too, cuz that was in the anime.

Unread 08-07-2005, 10:22 PM   #174
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Kinda considering Kyo...any thoughts on the black school uniform?

Shinigami Photos

Last edited by KaineMaxwell : 08-07-2005 at 11:24 PM.
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 09:20 PM   #175
hailo
oh man, I'm fancy.

seira-chan: box pleated skirts are easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. ok sorry that way dumb. basically you fold the fabric like you were making a knife pleat, then pin. then fold the fabric on the otherside coming towards you first pleat and pin. then you do the same thing, but on the back side of the skirt. so you essentially create large boxes of fabric. XD PM me if you need a diagram.
Unread 09-01-2005, 05:55 PM   #176
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Any thoughts on making Kyo's black school uniform or finding the right clothes for it (rather not do the casual clothes)?

Shinigami Photos
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2005, 08:02 PM   #177
Solaria
Ninja Pirate

The shirt's not that hard really. You could do it as a pullover and cut in the V at the bottom, although technically it's supposed to have hidden buttons so that it opens down the middle. But the animators and the mangaka usually don't bother to draw in the line down the center, so plenty of people have just done it as a pullover. Use bias tape for the trim to make it look nice and clean, whether you make the black shirt or alter another one.
Solaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2005, 01:07 PM   #178
BeforeCrisis
Queen of the Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess
OMG, that's SO CUTE, sarabug! *smoosh* You're the most adorable Kisa!

Once Otakon is over and finished with, I've planned an Akito cosplay. Might wear it briefly for Anime USA, but it is definitely planned for Katsucon. ^__^ Absolutely LOVE the character. Argh, love it, love it, love it. [Course, I can't say much. Major manga spoiler, hee. ^_~] Akito must be one of the most comfortable characters to wear for a con, too. All you have to do is lay around for pictures, LOL.

@-->--- Tess
Scary as heck, Tess. I'm planning the exact same thing for almost the same reason. Akito was such a freak-o, I think I'll fit the character pretty well. I'm trying to talk my friend into cosplaying Tohru so I can pull her hair and be mean "for photos". hah jk, but I think I'd end up wearing my Akito robes for pajamas around the house more than I would for actual cosplay.
BeforeCrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2005, 01:42 PM   #179
Momiji-Kun

I'm trying to make many of the manga outfits Momiji wears. ^^;;; I'm not sure if some will be recognizable as Momiji, but i'll probably wear them to Animenext '06. ^^
Momiji-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2005, 07:42 PM   #180
hailo
oh man, I'm fancy.

momiji's manga outfits are so adorable. and you get to make up the colors since most of the time you have no idea what colors they are . . . always think light colors for momiji. pastels and spring type colors.

BeforeCrisis: gotta love costumes that turn out to be useful. that happens to me a lot with shoes i buy for costumes . . .